Hop To
Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14
D
denton Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
Pity the poor judge. It's job to listen to everything the prosecutor says, migraine or not. We can trun him off.

Last edited by denton; 11/10/21.

Be not weary in well doing.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The jury didn't see Binger getting his ass chewed out though.

Binger probably knew an ass chewing was coming but felt it was worth it to plant a seed in the jury's mind

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
Originally Posted by Moto_Vita
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go
What little I heard (via Clay and Buck), it seemed that the prosecutor was trying to make the case be about Rittenhouse's choice of weapon. I guess if Rittenhouse had used a shotgun, that would have been okay and no charges would have been filed. But since it was an AR, ooooh, that's evil and clearly Rittenhouse is a murderer. I hope the jury sees through that nonsense.

And that's where the prosecutor was going with the full metal jacket bullets. He he was just about to say "those full metal jacket bullets are designed to pass through a person and kill the one behind him too, and a third one too, etc. That's what he was getting at.

The prosecutor is either clueless, or spinning yarns. 223/5.56 fml frag's at close range from an AR carbine. He figured the jury wouldn't know any better either.

Are you saying that an FMJ bullet did that much damage to the arm? I would never have guessed that, but I don't normally shoot animals at arms length either, maybe he was close enough that the muzzle blast took some meat off.

Yes, at that range (within feet), a FMJ 5.56 will do that, especially with 55gr. ball M193. They are all cannelured bullets, and they'll bend or break in two at speed, and that close, you'll have muzzle velocity. If you ask around to any Vietnam vets, they can tell you what kind of damage M193 ball ammo can do. (the bullets often bend or break at the cannelure, too, making them a two-projectile load). They also don't penetrate for chit, I've seen them stuck in the sidewall of GI truck tires, while the tire stayed inflated.

Yep,

Not all FMJ is built equally depending on jacket thickness and other variables. M193 has a fairly thin jacket. That combined with the cannelure and being somewhat long for caliber and or how the bullets weight is distributed and being a high velocity round it likes to tumble and then break apart. 77 grain OTM is technically a target round that due to a thin jacket and long bullet reacts similarly in tissue. Neither mushrooms, they flip end over end and then fragrant/shear apart.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
What little I heard (via Clay and Buck), it seemed that the prosecutor was trying to make the case be about Rittenhouse's choice of weapon. I guess if Rittenhouse had used a shotgun, that would have been okay and no charges would have been filed. But since it was an AR, ooooh, that's evil and clearly Rittenhouse is a murderer. I hope the jury sees through that nonsense.

And that's where the prosecutor was going with the full metal jacket bullets. He he was just about to say "those full metal jacket bullets are designed to pass through a person and kill the one behind him too, and a third one too, etc. That's what he was getting at.

The prosecutor is either clueless, or spinning yarns. 223/5.56 fml frag's at close range from an AR carbine. He figured the jury wouldn't know any better either.

Are you saying that an FMJ bullet did that much damage to the arm? I would never have guessed that, but I don't normally shoot animals at arms length either, maybe he was close enough that the muzzle blast took some meat off.

Yes, at that range (within feet), a FMJ 5.56 will do that, especially with 55gr. ball M193. They are all cannelured bullets, and they'll bend or break in two at speed, and that close, you'll have muzzle velocity. If you ask around to any Vietnam vets, they can tell you what kind of damage M193 ball ammo can do. (the bullets often bend or break at the cannelure, too, making them a two-projectile load). They also don't penetrate for chit, I've seen them stuck in the sidewall of GI truck tires, while the tire stayed inflated.

Yep,

Not all FMJ is built equally depending on jacket thickness and other variables. M193 has a fairly thin jacket. That combined with the cannelure and being somewhat long for caliber and or how the bullets weight is distributed and being a high velocity round it likes to tumble and then break apart. 77 grain OTM is technically a target round that due to a thin jacket and long bullet reacts similarly in tissue. Neither mushrooms, they flip end over end and then fragrant/shear apart.

OK. Hope there is a person or two on the jury that knows this stuff. But that's not the issue.
Young man did a great job

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 10at6
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76

Yep,

OK. Hope there is a person or two on the jury that knows this stuff. But that's not the issue.
Young man did a great job

Yes he did. I didn’t read through to the original post. I was only commenting on how M193 and OTM reacts on impact.

Prayers for Rittenhouse.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Rittenhouse is so cool under pressure - answering honestly, without bullschitting or beating around the bush - 100% believable to anyone watching him.

Easy when you are innocent.

Yeah innocent folks have never been railroaded.

Black Cows Matter!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by muleshoe
Rittenhouse is so cool under pressure - answering honestly, without bullschitting or beating around the bush - 100% believable to anyone watching him.

I think folks are misunderstanding me. I meant that when you're innocent, you only need tell the truth clearly, and when telling the truth, it's easy to keep your story straight. Certainly easier than when you're guilty, and giving false testimony.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
That was gut wrenching to watch but you know the Leftists will project and suggest it was a put on show.

I feel for this poor kid. We should all be praying for him as we do all the hero’s who are actually doing something in their communities to help slow the rot.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by efw
That was gut wrenching to watch but you know the Leftists will project and suggest it was a put on show.

I feel for this poor kid. We should all be praying for him as we do all the hero’s who are actually doing something in their communities to help slow the rot.

Agreed.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
the prosecution needs to be prosecuted

With #4 rebar

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I think folks are misunderstanding me. I meant that when you're innocent, you only need tell the truth clearly, and when telling the truth, it's easy to keep your story straight. Certainly easier than when you're guilty, and giving false testimony.

I understood you.

This is an 18 year old kid who is fighting for his life. From what I heard, he did wonderfully.

I got 44 years on the kid and I would have been scared to death up there. T'ween that and wanting to come down and slap the snot out of the prosecuting attorney, it would have been a rough day.

Black Cows Matter!
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by local_dirt

With #4 rebar

Coated with honey, up the ass, staked to a fire ant hill

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Okay, so what happens if the judge grants the mistrial motion for the defense? A new trial? That doesn’t seem to benefit Kyle.

Seems like a directed verdict of acquittal would finish this travesty.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Okay, so what happens if the judge grants the mistrial motion for the defense? A new trial? That doesn’t seem to benefit Kyle.

Seems like a directed verdict of acquittal would finish this travesty.

Yep prohibition against double jeopardy would protect him in that instance

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

I understood you.

This is an 18 year old kid who is fighting for his life. From what I heard, he did wonderfully.

I got 44 years on the kid and I would have been scared to death up there. T'ween that and wanting to come down and slap the snot out of the prosecuting attorney, it would have been a rough day.

Same here. I would have been sweating like a son of a gun. He never broke a sweat and was completely composed and articulate through all of the testimony that I watched. The kid was dang cool and composed under pressure with a rifle too.

To paraphrase Obama, if I had a son he’d look like Rittenhouse.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

With #4 rebar

Too light, #6 at minimum.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Some one should kick Binger in the head and then hit him with a skateboard and see if he responds in his best Monty Python, it is only a scratch. What a douche bag.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
The kid was the only one willing to STAND UP when everyone else just as soon STAND BY!

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Don't think the judge will grant the motion for mistrial but judge almost said it was an issue for appeal, then caught himself.

At a minimum I hope the judge files a complaint and tries to get Binger disbarred. A judge saying "I don't believe you" to an attorney over matters of ethics can have big long term effects on an attorney.

Judge may give an instruction to the jury about the right against self incrimination and indicate to the jury that he had to because Binger asked a inappropriate question.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by worriedman

With #4 rebar

Too light, #6 at minimum.

You can get more hits in with the #4. Personally for me the question is always wood or aluminum?

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

608 members (160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 1936M71, 1lessdog, 69 invisible), 2,767 guests, and 1,308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,192
Posts18,503,481
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.