Hop To
Page 5 of 35 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 34 35
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by slumlord
That reminds me

We got to get our Operation Christmas Child boxes ready before next Wednesday. I participate in FGM and Samaritan’s Purse international

https://www.samaritanspurse.org/what-we-do/operation-christmas-child/

Hope the big guy does ok.

I'am loading up 80 boxes and heading up to Charlotte with them this morning.

GB1

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Don't know anything about Franklin... having known many minister's kids, most weren't angels, and seldom live up to their father's legacy... but maybe he has.

Anyway Billy has a legacy, he brought the story of Christ to millions, I truly feel he was led by the Holy Spirit. Yet he was a man and all men are unperfect.

It's the exact way I feel about Paul. Of course I will be attacked for saying this about Paul... Paul brought Jesus to the masses, he did a good job as an unperfect man, he was led by the Holy Spirit. But his words are his, not God's, same as Billy Graham.

Kent

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
That reminds me

We got to get our Operation Christmas Child boxes ready before next Wednesday. I participate in FGM and Samaritan’s Purse international

Way cool 😎😎😎😎

But just don’t go thinking all them good works are gonna earn ya the price of admission 🙂

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by krp
Don't know anything about Franklin... having known many minister's kids, most weren't angels, and seldom live up to their father's legacy... but maybe he has.

Anyway Billy has a legacy, he brought the story of Christ to millions, I truly feel he was led by the Holy Spirit. Yet he was a man and all men are unperfect.

It's the exact way I feel about Paul. Of course I will be attacked for saying this about Paul... Paul brought Jesus to the masses, he did a good job as an unperfect man, he was led by the Holy Spirit. But his words are his, not God's, same as Billy Graham.

Kent

What about Peter?

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Good works like helping your fellow man is a natural byproduct of following Christ, it can't be taught or forced, it just is.

Kent

IC B2

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by OldHat
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

What about Peter?

What about Peter?

Except he wasn't perfect either, will probably relate to your inquiry.

Kent

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Apparently Billy Graham modeled his ministry after that of Charles Finney who was the primary figure in the Revivalist movement.

Charles Finney denied original sin, denied the substitutionary work of Christ and taught a governmental faith of works. Had the American church convened to consider his teachings (as it should have) he would have been rightly labeled a heretic and his teachings heretical.

Since Finney became influential pretty much any movement in America that is supposed to be Christian is influenced by this man and his teachings.

Make up your own mind about Billy Graham but this influence can’t be denied. It is a fact of history.

Last edited by IZH27; 11/12/21.
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Nobody's got it right, not Billy, not Paul, not Joseph Smith, not Mother Terisa, not the Pope... not me... God didn't expect for us to get it right 100% in this world... and that's Jesus's life lesson... it's very simple.

Kent

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I’d make my bet that God didn’t intend for anyone to get it THAT wrong.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by wabigoon
We raise livestock Vaccines work.,

What the hell does that have to do with this unproven mRNA vaccine

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by stevelyn
Originally Posted by ironbender
I just want to know why god did this to Franklin?

Engrish please?

Better?
😁

Yes. I couldn't decipher it.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I'm not asking this in an accusing way or to cast F.G. in a bad light but does anyone know if he did as Steve Hornady and require his people to be vaccinated? He employs quite a few people. Just asking, not saying.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Bad things happen to good people.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by wabigoon
We raise livestock Vaccines work.,

What the hell does that have to do with this unproven mRNA vaccine

yes, if you are equating old school vaccines with this new mRNA test gene-therapy, I'm going to have to call you an idiot. Wake up.

Another death in my community last week, 53 yr old male, got the JNJ shot one day, dead the next. All these spiked proteins react to some peoples system and cause blood clots and heart attacks.

Cowardice is the greatest pandemic that has ever affected mankind.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by krp
Good works like helping your fellow man is a natural byproduct of following Christ, it can't be taught or forced, it just is.

Kent

Brother Kent;
Top of the morning to you my cyber friend and brother, I hope it's a good day for you folks down in your area and all in your wonderful family are doing okay.

Way, way back when, Billy Graham came to Vancouver for a crusade and of course the local TV station sent some keener reporter down to interview him and possibly find some fatal flaw to expose.

As I recall, Billy Graham and about 6 other folks went down to a local grocery store, picked up a van load of groceries, went to a local food bank and then Billy Graham spent at least an hour talking to the folks there - both the ones working and the folks coming to receive the food.

The reporter more or less quietly said they were pretty moved by the whole experience.

I've read Franklin Graham's book back when too, might still have it in fact. When the girls were little we got involved supporting Samaritan's Purse, especially Operation Christmas Child and we still do. I'm not sure that the girls don't too now that I think about it.

Anyways, a little town two valleys over had a catastrophic flood a couple springs ago Kent and naturally the part of town containing a mobile home park which was build on a flood plain got savaged. Funny how any natural disaster seems to hit the mobile home parks, you know?

Before any Canadian government whatever was in helping and before the Canadian Red Cross - there were boots on the ground from Samaritan's Purse helping folks there. They were helping with clean up, food, whatever they could.

Again the local news station out of Kelowna came away impressed.

That's all I know about that Brother Kent, which admittedly isn't much.

As you said, we're all human and most days I'm "extremely human" and struggle to keep my own life between the ditches. Some of my fellow humans do a much better job assisting other fellow humans than I do, that much I'm sure of Kent.

I'll add Franklin Graham to the list of folks I pray for daily for sure.

All the very best to you all as we head into cooler and much shorter days.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
That reminds me

Good on you, slumlord. Best post yet.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
That reminds me

Way cool 😎😎😎😎

But just don’t go thinking all them good works are gonna earn ya the price of admission 🙂

I dont follow good works philosophy. I made a commitment with I was 18 yrs old. I am sanctified and justified and one of the elect. I have security of the believer as well.

I do the boxes and have done them for almost 20 years. I think it’s a great think to bring a little bit of happiness to some dirt poor kid who lives in a miserable shîthole.

Our church buys the boxes and for $5 you can pour all types of needs in it. When school starts every year, they put those spiral notebooks on sale for like .25 cents and same on those crayons. Big time loss leaders.

Instead of filling the school bus outside for entitlement ghetto rats in the walmart parking lot. I send my stuff around the world

Most my upstairs bonus room, I have bins with stored up and organized with all that type stuff. Keep an eye out all during the year for things that might make a cool addition to the box.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
That reminds me

Way cool 😎😎😎😎

I dont follow good works philosophy. I made a commitment with I was 18 yrs old. I am sanctified and justified and one of the elect. I have security of the believer as well.

I do the boxes and have done them for almost 20 years. I think it’s a great think to bring a little bit of happiness to some dirt poor kid who lives in a miserable shîthole.

Our church buys the boxes and for $5 you can pour all types of needs in it. When school starts every year, they put those spiral notebooks on sale for like .25 cents and same on those crayons. Big time loss leaders.

Instead of filling the school bus outside for entitlement ghetto rats in the walmart parking lot. I send my stuff around the world

slumlord;
Top of the morning to you sir.

Good man and good post.

I'm with you on spreading some happiness if we're able to. Why not, right?

Good luck on your hunting and all the best.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Page 5 of 35 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 34 35

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

208 members (12344mag, 06hunter59, 338rcm, 2UP, 10Glocks, 24 invisible), 2,060 guests, and 882 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,760
Posts18,514,984
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.