Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 45_100
Originally Posted by Raferman
If a site has overbearing rules only retards are left in the end.

I think this is mostly what's happening.

Censorship is a big killer of forums.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

GB1

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I have seen some almost die. Lake-Link is a mostly Wisconsin hunting and fishing board. It is a fraction of what it used to be. Graybeard outdoors is much the same. It had a Wisconsin board that was quite active, now only a few posts a year show up. . This board is fine with me. Too many decent guys here to not like it.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I use to like Graybeard Outdoors but haven’t been on there in a long time same for the Highroad. Michigan Sportsman still gets a lot of traffic. I check that one out here and there to see what’s going on locally with hunting and fishing but it’s full of fuds and Covitards with a debate going about what to do with deer now having the Covid! Amazing and sad all at once that so many “outdoorsman” that should know better are hook line and sinker worried about news reports of deer with Covid just in time for hunting season. The theories are to stupid to make up. One of the best/dumbest is that an infected hunter in a state with legal baiting likely put out bait and then spit on or near the bait pile infecting deer and causing Covid to run rampant throughout the deer heard and spreading it state to state. Another comment was recommending that everyone “mask up” while gutting their deer!

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
LOL I was a daily reader of HuntingPA for many years. Thankfully before the owner sold I found 24Hourcampfire and started frequenting here. After the sale the the format changed and it sucked, after a while I noticed the moderating took a turn for the worse.

I rarely ever go there anymore, it truly sucks. Never hear a disparaging word and all that. Hate it now.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42
LOL I was a daily reader of HuntingPA for many years. Thankfully before the owner sold I found 24Hourcampfire and started frequenting here. After the sale the the format changed and it sucked, after a while I noticed the moderating took a turn for the worse.

I rarely ever go there anymore, it truly sucks. Never hear a disparaging word and all that. Hate it now.

I still go there

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Pre-internet when actual campfires were forums you risked severe mockery and or a punch in the mouth if you trolled too much.

I concur. I miss those days.

""Mute the Greeniacs. Open the pipeline. Bury the Russians." - JPR - 2022
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Right here is a couple good examples of how to kill a gun/hunting forum.

Let a few back stabbers rant about the NRA for a few months to top it off and what is LEFT on a gun forum, a gun OWNER and or hunter would come to it FOR?

When it gets so threads with half the people posting are on my ignore list, I move on to somewhere else.

Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
A lot of them are fud magnets.

Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
I use to like Graybeard Outdoors but haven’t been on there in a long time same for the Highroad. Michigan Sportsman still gets a lot of traffic. I check that one out here and there to see what’s going on locally with hunting and fishing but it’s full of fuds and Covitards with a debate going about what to do with deer now having the Covid! Amazing and sad all at once that so many “outdoorsman” that should know better are hook line and sinker worried about news reports of deer with Covid just in time for hunting season. The theories are to stupid to make up. One of the best/dumbest is that an infected hunter in a state with legal baiting likely put out bait and then spit on or near the bait pile infecting deer and causing Covid to run rampant throughout the deer heard and spreading it state to state. Another comment was recommending that everyone “mask up” while gutting their deer!

Last edited by JackRyan; 11/12/21.

""Mute the Greeniacs. Open the pipeline. Bury the Russians." - JPR - 2022
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JackRyan
Pre-internet when actual campfires were forums you risked severe mockery and or a punch in the mouth if you trolled too much.

Yep.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JackRyan

I think that’s one of the problems with society as a whole these days. The absolute lack of fear of getting punched in the mouth. Case in point that metrosexual, amoral, self centered, commie Rittenhouse prosecutor. Back in the day there were lines we all knew like don’t let your mouth right a check your fist can’t cash.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hell I got kicked off the 6.8 forum IIRC one of the sponsors had some content removed .Some people were standing up for the guy as I was and I guess I got a little overzealous with one of the good ole boys got butt hurt and they gave me a 2 month time out. Doubt I will ever wander back. Hell they got uptight that I had my home based FFL included in my sig line. I had it that way for 4 or 5 years. Then someone got butt hurt. I think in some cases we are our own worst enemy. I turned numerous people onto the 6.8 and they bought guns from some of the sponsors there. I never made a dime off the forum. Oh well

Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely
IC B3

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Chisos
It appears the corporations are trying to starve out the gun magazines. Notice the complete lack of any automotive advertising by Ford, GM, Chrysler, Toyota, ect. One would think the truck manufacturers would be trying to entice hunters and the shooting public to buy their products.

They took a cue from Bausch and Lomb. Corporations are all terrified of being associated with hunters, sportsmen, and the shooting sports by the woke crowd.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
I was web stalking a few gun and hunting forums that I used to frequent. I was amazed at the lack of traffic on them. Most seem to have 5 or 6 prolific posters (many with very liberal/progressive views) and a smattering of other participants. But overall the traffic is way, way down from several years ago.

Is the discussion forum trend waning?

Due to overzealous moderating.

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
First outdoor forum I joined was Rugerforum. com (NOT the . net one!). Years before I happened upon the 'campfire.
Fine bunch of folks there. The conversation is always civil and well-mannered. In fact, it was where I came to be friends with our own Caribou Jack.

I still check in there often, but there's very little activity going on there lately. Hard to understand what has happened.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
I was web stalking a few gun and hunting forums that I used to frequent. I was amazed at the lack of traffic on them. Most seem to have 5 or 6 prolific posters (many with very liberal/progressive views) and a smattering of other participants. But overall the traffic is way, way down from several years ago.

Is the discussion forum trend waning?

Due to overzealous moderating.

I agree but what I don't get are all the prolific liberal participants on hunting and gun forums today. They seem to be driving off most of the normal members with their silly nonsense.

I can't comprehend how any one who values their 2A rights, their access to hunting, and the Constitution in general can support a political agenda that is intent on dismantling all three.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
This is the only forum that allows people to converse and argue.

The rest of them flat out suck.

Buncha thin skinned pussies.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Many forums were originally created by the owner and that owner walked that walk and talked that talk,
He knew the deal and we could relate,

Then most popular forums were sold to investors or just for profit, That was the first disconnect,
then moderation and watered down info, attitudes and so forth entered,

A decade later the novelty has certainly worn off for many, myself included.

Walleyecentral, Lake-link, Alaska outdoors, All previous favorites, Not even worth the time anymore.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by deflave

Right again.

Life is good live it while you can.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Often the moderators become ten cent tyrants. It seems to be a gradual thing.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by TrueGrit

Right again.

It usually starts with some whiny individual and then others join in and demand change.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by TrueGrit

Right again.

Exactly. I've removed myself (or been removed. Lol!) from several.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (1beaver_shooter, 222ND, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 06hunter59, 1_deuce, 63 invisible), 2,602 guests, and 1,189 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,474
Posts18,529,486
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.