Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JeffyD

On the other hand, all too often here, I see legitimate discussions quickly devolve into pissing matches when one member has no tolerance for what others have to say. I'm not here for that. Civility has flown out the window.

Kind of my impression also. Eg, Can I use ______ bullet to hunt _______ animal ( fill in whatever bullet/animal combo), and watch the pontificating begin.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JackRyan

Let a few back stabbers rant about the NRA for a few months to top it off and what is LEFT on a gun forum, a gun OWNER and or hunter would come to it FOR?

We may have to agree to disagree (or you may put me on IGNORE, your choice), but I take exception to that. NRA is the backstabber, IMO. For the record, I am a Life Member since 1997 but I have come to see the truth about the bylaws and who's calling the shots.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
This is the only forum that allows people to converse and argue.

The rest of them flat out suck.

Buncha thin skinned pussies.

I believe this to be true.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
MissLynn tried to take this place down, wonder if she ever got laid ?

LOL

Due to the increased price of ammo, don't expect a warning shot...
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by OldHat
Often the moderators become ten cent tyrants. It seems to be a gradual thing.
this is why I left CastBollits, POS called reloader fred

IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by RiverRider
This is the only forum that allows people to converse and argue.

The rest of them flat out suck.

Buncha thin skinned pussies.

I believe this to be true.

Yep, the covtards have phugged up everything, them and the chinks and jews.

LOL

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A lot of it is the fact most of the conversations have been done. When forums first started it was an age of discovery. Folks werent here just to shoot the bull, they were posting to figure stuff out or find answers for stuff they had spent decades scouring sources of information for out of magazines, snail mail groups, penpals etc.

The internet started and it was like someone turned the lights on. The next 10 years or so was very heady stuff, thousands of experts and hobbyists came together, every thread was enlightening.

The frontier got settled so to speak, then the average guy started turning up in his droves around the late 2000's, what I call 'townies'', fellas who just want to shoot the bull.

The next generation of kids or townies logging on dont need to ask all the questions we did- they just run a search...

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Lack of civility from one POSTER to the next.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
D
djb Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by 158XTP
A lot of it is the fact most of the conversations have been done. When forums first started it was an age of discovery. Folks werent here just to shoot the bull, they were posting to figure stuff out or find answers for stuff they had spent decades scouring sources of information for out of magazines, snail mail groups, penpals etc.

The internet started and it was like someone turned the lights on. The next 10 years or so was very heady stuff, thousands of experts and hobbyists came together, every thread was enlightening.

The frontier got settled so to speak, then the average guy started turning up in his droves around the late 2000's, what I call 'townies'', fellas who just want to shoot the bull.

The next generation of kids or townies logging on don't need to ask all the questions we did- they just run a search...

This is very insightful. I hadn't thought of this before, but I think you really are on to something here. Forums allowed very experienced shooters/hunters to share knowledge and some out-of-the-box thinking (light rifles, light for caliber bullets, 243 for elk, Leuoplds suck, etc.) We all benefitted initially for a decade and now things are mostly settled for current technologies. I read much more archived posts than current for info. Lots of the good guys are gone or don't bother posting anymore about '30'06 vs 270 for elk'.

The truth angers those whom it does not convince
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
People talking up shît and not posting pics is what ruins forums.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by OldHat
Often the moderators become ten cent tyrants. It seems to be a gradual thing.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I could name a dozen forums like that.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by 158XTP

The next generation of kids or townies logging on dont need to ask all the questions we did- they just run a search...

Well said.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
More often than not run by communist bastards like Facebook!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
Originally Posted by AH64guy
Between old age - and plain dying off in the older civil members - we've had a lot of good people going away from here.

The trolls and the "my view or die" types - it's not any fun to have a conversation on a lot of Boards.

Guys and gals like "Tanner"s age finally graduated, reached their adult-hood, and started out on a life of their own - very few have the patience or grace to welcome a teenage sportsman on here.

And, given the copious amount of videos on the Web, I think the younger crowd is drawn to seeing the hunt, rather than talking about.

Civility seems be a casualty more often these days. frown

Good the leftist scum pushing experimental vaccines,communism,Biden deserve zero civility.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
GUN AND HUNTING FORUMS ARE NOT DEAD...

They just smell that way.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This forum will never die. With power posters like myself and Happy Camper, we keep the regulars riveted and recruitment rising.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Rick Bin loves Flave.

And Flave loves Rick Bin.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Rick Bin loves Flave.

Huh. When did all of that change?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rick Bin loves Flave.

Most importantly, Flave loves Flave.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Rick Bin loves Flave.

Huh. When did all of that change?

Love hate relationship.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

143 members (AlleghenyMountain, 44mc, 7887mm08, 6mmCreedmoor, 10Glocks, AceBall, 12 invisible), 1,639 guests, and 1,094 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,449
Posts18,528,839
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.