Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Originally Posted by OldHat
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I am a Christian.

It has also seemed to me you are extremely critical of believers in general in past postings. I was surprised to read this. Good for you.

The fact that I am a Christian has been stated before.
Show me where I have been critical of Christians in general.
There are several Christians here who take criticism directed at them personally to generalize it to Christianity. "
Happy Camper and OldHat stand out prominently.

krp and Antlers are the type of Christians I identify with.

If you're a Christian wouldn't it be better if you identified with Christ? I mean that is what it's about. Honestly, do you read the Bible. At all?

I mean krp and antlers don't appear to believe in any Holy Scripture.

And there you are passing out judgement and showing you are clueless.
Are you and Crappy related?

I have never met a Christian who would miss an opportunity to proclaim loadly their foundation is Christ.

"For whoever is ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him will the Son of Man also be ashamed when he comes in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.” Mark 8:38

"They profess to know God, but by their deeds they deny Him, being detestable and disobedient and worthless for any good deed." Titus 1:16

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Vanna, we have someone here who needs to buy a clue!

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I am a Christian.

It has also seemed to me you are extremely critical of believers in general in past postings. I was surprised to read this. Good for you.

There are several Christians here who take criticism directed at them personally to generalize it to Christianity. "

If you're a Christian wouldn't it be better if you identified with Christ? I mean that is what it's about. Honestly, do you read the Bible. At all?

I have never met a Christian who would miss an opportunity to proclaim loadly their foundation is Christ.

"For whoever is ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him will the Son of Man also be ashamed when he comes in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.” Mark 8:38

"They profess to know God, but by their deeds they deny Him, being detestable and disobedient and worthless for any good deed." Titus 1:16

I have not once been shy of my personal relationship with Christ and my constant dependency of the Holy Spirit. I've proclaimed it here many times.

That's not salvation.

If someone wants to say they are saved, it's not my place to agree or disagree, that's Gods authority and he didn't tell me either way.

Then there's those who proclaim to the world they 'saved' souls, they 'saved' many, them, I, me.... Uhhh, no you didn't.

Kent

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by krp

I believe the Jesus part...

Kent

Which Jesus part? The part that comes from the Bible or the part that people make up in their imagination? God told us to only trust the part from the Bible.

"For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will mislead many." Mat 24:5

And where would that part be, because the verse you just quoted sounds like it is talking about the many who have posted on here including yourself.
This Bible you and others keep saying you read and believe must be some other version than what I have read. Or, you guys are just a bunch legalist trying to get people to follow the letter of the law, something Christ warned us about. As much as you don't want to believe or see it, there was no book or scriptures that God gave anyone to make into a book or to teach from. That which you all keep quoting is known as the "traditions of men". Christ made it quite clear that he talked in parables and Paul agreed by saying the stories were allegories. But here you guys are telling all that the Bible is a literal book which in reality is calling Christ a liar. No wonder he said... And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say? He gave us all the key to entire the kingdom, but you all hide the key or don't even know what the key is and keep those who were entering from entering and you refuse to enter in yourselves because it doesn't fit your legalistic view of a Book written in Allegory,mysticism, and parables.
It is so obvious that we certainly are not reading the same King James Bible.

Last edited by K22; 11/16/21.
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K

Oh, so now you are saying HC insinuated? Which post is this?

How many times can you ask this (3) and not go back in this thread and find it, you sure as hell read, quote and comment on everyone else's posts.

Kent

IC B2

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by krp
I am a Christian.

I have not once been shy of my personal relationship with Christ and my constant dependency of the Holy Spirit. I've proclaimed it here many times.

That's not salvation.

If someone wants to say they are saved, it's not my place to agree or disagree, that's Gods authority and he didn't tell me either way.

Then there's those who proclaim to the world they 'saved' souls, they 'saved' many, them, I, me.... Uhhh, no you didn't.

Kent

"For whoever is ashamed of me and of my words ..." Mark 8:38

I've never met a Christian who said they saved souls. Maybe you have, but I have not. On the contrary all I have ever heard was the simple statement that a Christian's job is to proclaim the word of God and God does the saving.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by K22
But here you guys are telling all that the Bible is a literal book which in reality is calling Christ a liar.

Where did Christ say this, exactly?

You are not being clear ... you don't think the King James Bible is Holy Scripture? Or do you?

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K

I've never met a Christian who said they saved souls. Maybe you have, but I have not. On the contrary all I have ever heard was the simple statement that a Christian's job is to proclaim the word of God and God does the saving.

I know the bible better than you and never cherry pick.

I found it interesting earlier you used Mat 7 14 to reply to Rene maybe... not going back and look... made me laugh that you completely ignore the first verses of Mat 7, pretty much been claiming ignorance of that message which started this whole thing.

I've figured out you just wish to divert attention from the subject by attacking the messenger.

Kent

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by krp

How many times can you ask this (3) and not go back in this thread and find it, you sure as hell read, quote and comment on everyone else's posts.

Kent

I can not read an insinuation. An insinuation is a state of mind of the reader. You were the reader.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

I can not read an insinuation. An insinuation is a state of mind of the reader. You were the reader.

You don't even know what you are replying to.

Kent

IC B3

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by K22
But here you guys are telling all that the Bible is a literal book which in reality is calling Christ a liar.

You are not being clear ... you don't think the King James Bible is Holy Scripture? Or do you?

Not in your legalistic meaning.
So where did Christ say to read this book in a literal way?
It was because he turned the literal teachings upside down was the reason they killed him. And don't forget it was the church leaders, clergy, ect. that killed him. Those so called scriptures they were quoting back then, along with the same scriptures you quote now are exactly what Christ called the traditions of men.
FIRST seek the Kingdom, that was what Christ taught. And where is this Kingdom? Again, Christ taught that it resides inside of you. But where are you looking and are teaching/telling that this Kingdom is?

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by krp

I know the bible better than you and never cherry pick.

I found it interesting earlier you used Mat 7 14 to reply to Rene maybe... not going back and look... made me laugh that you completely ignore the first verses of Mat 7, pretty much been claiming ignorance of that message which started this whole thing.

I've figured out you just wish to divert attention from the subject by attacking the messenger.

Kent

Mat 7:1 is about hypocritical judgments. I know that because Jesus said so. John 7:24

The disciples of Jesus judged - a lot. But you knew that , right. Acts 5:1-10, Gal 1:8-9

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
There is only one judgment Jesus forbids and that's spiritual, God's authority.

Problem you have is relating everything into the physical, as is religion's problem.

You may read the bible but you don't understand it.

Kent

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by K22

Not in your legalistic meaning.
So where did Christ say to read this book in a literal way?
It was because he turned the literal teachings upside down was the reason they killed him. And don't forget it was the church leaders, clergy, ect. that killed him. Those so called scriptures they were quoting back then, along with the same scriptures you quote now are exactly what Christ called the traditions of men.
FIRST seek the Kingdom, that was what Christ taught. And where is this Kingdom? Again, Christ taught that it resides inside of you. But where are you looking and are teaching/telling that this Kingdom is?

That is some weird theology you got going on.

Where did Christ teach that the Kingdom resided inside of us? Where do you get this idea? You must of read it somewhere.

Christ taught that Scripture he quoted said he was the Christ. He did not say that Scripture was traditions of men. On the contrary, Christ loved and upheld all of Scripture. All of it. He said it clearly in Mat 5:17-20. He could not have been clearer.

So you don't think King James Bible is Holy Scripture? I'm not asking you about what I'm saying. I'm asking you what you think about the King James Bible.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antlers
My hope isn’t anchored to anything that can be read from...it’s not anchored to a book (the Christian Bible) that didn’t even exist when Christianity first began. My hope is anchored to an event ~ the very same event that kindled the dwindling hope of Peter and John and James (the brother of Jesus) and the rest of the first followers of Jesus. The Resurrection is the determinative event of Christianity. Both Jesus and His atoning work are the supreme revelatory work of God. And it didn’t happen because of the Christian Bible. The Christian Bible exists because of the Resurrection. Apostle Peter says that his hope is anchored to the Resurrection of Jesus, period, NOT a book. “In His great ‘mercy’ He has given us ‘new birth’ into a ‘living hope’ through the ‘resurrection’ of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil, or fade.”
Peter was taught from The Holy Scripture. Peter did not deny Holy Scripture. Peter loved the Scripture.
When Jesus died, Peter’s hope was crushed. And he feared for his life.

But something happened three days later that rekindled his hope, and it wasn’t “Holy Scripture.” And that same something emboldened him to stand up to the very power structure that had Jesus crucified, and it wasn't “Holy Scripture.”

It was the Resurrection. He (Peter) very clearly and very specifically said so himself. The Resurrection…NOT the Bible…is the key apologetic event and the key component of the Gospel. The Resurrection…NOT the Bible…is the very foundation of Christianity.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by krp

Problem you have is relating everything into the physical, as is religion's problem.

Kent

Where does Jesus forbid this judgment? Where did you get this idea from?

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
My hope isn’t anchored to anything that can be read from...it’s not anchored to a book (the Christian Bible) that didn’t even exist when Christianity first began. My hope is anchored to an event ~ the very same event that kindled the dwindling hope of Peter and John and James (the brother of Jesus) and the rest of the first followers of Jesus. The Resurrection is the determinative event of Christianity. Both Jesus and His atoning work are the supreme revelatory work of God. And it didn’t happen because of the Christian Bible. The Christian Bible exists because of the Resurrection. Apostle Peter says that his hope is anchored to the Resurrection of Jesus, period, NOT a book. “In His great ‘mercy’ He has given us ‘new birth’ into a ‘living hope’ through the ‘resurrection’ of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil, or fade.”
Peter was taught from The Holy Scripture. Peter did not deny Holy Scripture. Peter loved the Scripture.
When Jesus died, Peter’s hope was crushed. And he feared for his life.

But something happened three days later that rekindled his hope, and it wasn’t “Holy Scripture.” And that same something emboldened him to stand up to the very power structure that had Jesus crucified, and it wasn't “Holy Scripture.”

It was the Resurrection. He (Peter) very clearly and very specifically said so himself. The Resurrection…NOT the Bible…is the key apologetic event and the key component of the Gospel. The Resurrection…NOT the Bible…is the very foundation of Christianity.

Still ... Peter was taught from The Holy Scripture. Peter did not deny Holy Scripture. Peter loved the Scripture.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Where does Jesus forbid this judgment? Where did you get this idea from?

Not from Paul...

Did you find HC's Billy graham burning in hell post yet?

Kent

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Always fun to watch the christians try to out christian each other.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Anyway, I can judge anything in this world as long as I do it fairly... if I say someone's a dipchit, they're a dipchit... Jesus doen't care cause he knows they're a dipchit too...

Kent

Page 18 of 35 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 34 35

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

606 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 19rabbit52, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 63 invisible), 2,192 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,086
Posts18,521,894
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.