Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 20 of 35 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 34 35
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I hope, and Pray I don't fit that description.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
GB1

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by OldHat

I mean krp and antlers don't appear to believe in any Holy Scripture.

I believe the Jesus part...

Kent

Where do you get information about Jesus?

Sunday school when I was 5.

Kent

Which is another way of saying you got it from the Bible.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by krp
Judging is about judging a person's salvation, claiming God's authority. We can and do judge a person on actions and worldly issues. We absolutely can judge a murderer, thief, liar... or someone doing what we think is good, we can judge a person's actions and defend ourselves against them or praise them. The world is ours and the spirit is God's.

Kent

The Bible tells us the world is satans.

Where?

"We know that we are from God and that the whole world lies under the control of the evil one.”" 1 John 5:19

"“I will no longer talk much with you, for the ruler of this world is coming. He has no claim on me.” John 14:30

"And the devil took him up and showed him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time, and said to him, “To you I will give all this authority and their glory, for it has been delivered to me, and I give it to whom I will. If you, then, will worship me, it will all be yours.” And Jesus answered him, “It is written, “‘You shall worship the Lord your God, and him only shall you serve.’”” Luke 4:5-8

As for the first two it says Satan is the ruller, not Satan's. There are many Scriptures telling us the world belongs to God. In both the Old Testament and the New Testament. God created it and allows Satan to play in it. But most certainly it does not belong to Satan.

As far as Satan saying something believable, believe Jesus. He says Satan is a liar.

I showed verses and you speak words. God created, but that does not mean it is not now ruled and controlled by satan. It is. Mince words all you want the wold is satans. Fools ignore this.

"If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. " John 15:19

I'm always amazed at how few people read the Bible.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I hope, and Pray I don't fit that description.

"For am I now seeking the favor of men, or of God? Or am I striving to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a bond-servant of Christ." Gal 1:10

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I hope, and, Pray, I'm not turning anyone away from Jesus Christ.

IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J

I sure wouldn't think so Richard.

I am MAGA.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by BuckHaggard
Always fun to watch the christians try to out christian each other.

Oh well. I quit associating myself as a christian some years ago... now I just follow Christ... hope the subtlety of spelling christian with a small c isn't lost on anyone.

Kent

To do that you must follow Holy Scripture because that is what He taught His followers to do.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Kent

Just the opposite, I don't know anyone who never heard of Jesus, but read the bible and said... Hey! who is the Jesus? he sounds great.

You heard about Jesus before you read about Jesus, especially if it was before you could read.

When you are little, hearing about Jesus just puts a name to what you already know inside.

Kent

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by K22
But here you guys are telling all that the Bible is a literal book which in reality is calling Christ a liar.

Where did Christ say this, exactly?

It is so obvious that we certainly are not reading the same King James Bible.

You are not being clear ... you don't think the King James Bible is Holy Scripture? Or do you?

Not in your legalistic meaning.
So where did Christ say to read this book in a literal way?
It was because he turned the literal teachings upside down was the reason they killed him. And don't forget it was the church leaders, clergy, ect. that killed him. Those so called scriptures they were quoting back then, along with the same scriptures you quote now are exactly what Christ called the traditions of men.
FIRST seek the Kingdom, that was what Christ taught. And where is this Kingdom? Again, Christ taught that it resides inside of you. But where are you looking and are teaching/telling that this Kingdom is?

That is some weird theology you got going on.

Where did Christ teach that the Kingdom resided inside of us? Where do you get this idea? You must of read it somewhere.

Christ taught that Scripture he quoted said he was the Christ. He did not say that Scripture was traditions of men. On the contrary, Christ loved and upheld all of Scripture. All of it. He said it clearly in Mat 5:17-20. He could not have been clearer.

So you don't think King James Bible is Holy Scripture? I'm not asking you about what I'm saying. I'm asking you what you think about the King James Bible.

And I thought you knew the Bible.................... And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:

21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you

You had to search for a translation that fit your strange theology. Jesus was talking to the Pharisees DIRECTLY when he said this. So why would Jesus tell the Pharisees The Kingdom was within them. It is meaningless to say the Kingdom of God is within you. What does that even mean? Christ in us, but NOT the Kingdom of God. He was saying He was the Kingdom of God and he was among them.

"Now He was questioned by the Pharisees as to when the kingdom of God was coming, and He answered them and said, “The kingdom of God is not coming with [a]signs that can be observed; 21 nor will they say, ‘Look, here it is!’ or, ‘There it is!’ For behold, the kingdom of God is [b]in your midst." Luke 17:20-21

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

No, youre not

But Happy Crapper is

IC B3

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Kent

Just the opposite, I don't know anyone who never heard of Jesus, but read the bible and said... Hey! who is the Jesus? he sounds great.

You heard about Jesus before you read about Jesus, especially if it was before you could read.

When you are little, hearing about Jesus just puts a name to what you already know inside.

Kent

The people who taught you learned it from the Bible. Hence you learned it from the Bible.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by krp

Oh well. I quit associating myself as a christian some years ago... now I just follow Christ... hope the subtlety of spelling christian with a small c isn't lost on anyone.

Kent

To do that you must follow Holy Scripture because that is what He taught His followers to do.

The purest Christian is a little child singing 'Jesus loves me this I know'... it's all down hill from there, the more you think you know than that child by studying scripture, the farther you get away from Christ.

Kent

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Kent

Kent

The people who taught you learned it from the Bible. Hence you learned it from the Bible.

No, people who taught me heard it first and understood the truth before reading... and on and on...

Kent

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by antlers
The first followers of Jesus didn’t have ‘the Christian Bible’ that we have today. Somehow many people have gotten the idea that the Christian Bible ‘is’ Christianity, and as the Christian Bible goes, so goes Christianity. For me, nothing could be further from the truth. Christianity does not rise and fall on the integrity or the verifiability of the Christian Bible.

Christianity preceded the Bible; the reason we have the Christian Bible is because of Christianity. There were many thousands of Christians before ‘the Christian Bible’ ever came along in the 4th century.

Jesus told His Jewish followers that their scriptures pointed to Him. He said that He was the fulfillment of all in what we call the Old Testament. And some of His followers believed Him, they saw that it lined up with Him and the things they were seeing. They started believing that He was the Messiah who was the fulfillment of the Jewish scriptures. And then He was crucified...game over, lights out...clearly He was wrong and they were wrong about Him. And there were no Jesus followers immediately after the Crucifixion. And they no longer believed that Jesus was the son of God when they saw Him die.

And then He rose from the dead and the whole thing got started; and suddenly all those Jewish followers went back to those scriptures that Jesus said told of Him and concluded that He was right, they’d lost faith, He was back, they were back, and everything in their scriptures pointed to Him.

Christianity preceded the Christian Bible. And if you never opened a Christian Bible or the Old Testament; if you never saw a Christian Bible or an Old Testament; if suddenly the entire Christian Bible or Old Testament vanished, it would do nothing to undermine Christianity.

Because Christianity began when Jesus rose from the dead, and His first followers recognized that He was who He claimed to be. People followed Jesus after the resurrection because of the resurrection. That’s how Christianity got started. It is not near as fragile as many might think; it certainly does not hang by a thread of some passage in scripture…or by any scripture or the Christian Bible itself…it’s much more sturdier than that. If it was that fragile, Christianity would have never survived the 1st century.

If you reject the Old Testament then you are rejecting Christ. There is no way around it.

Everything you know about Christ is from the texts you reject. You would not even know about the resurrection with out the New Testament. It is stunning that there are people who fall for your in congruent nonsense. It literally makes no sense under any logical scrutiny.

Now, it is time for you to go into some long winded non-sense post repeating exactly what you say over and over again. Never connecting any dots.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Maybe OH is also an anti Christianity troll.

Very clever.

I am MAGA.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Holy Spirit of God dwells within believers…the same Spirit that raised Jesus from the dead…and God can speak to one separately, one on one, rather than just getting all of one’s answers from what He told someone else 2,000 years ago.

I'm not saying that what God said to them isn't relevant or true. I'm saying that one needs specific instruction for one’s life from God today, rather than trying to live it just according to what He told somebody else 2,000 years ago. The whole purpose is for one to understand that one can have a one on one relationship with God; in fact that's what He wants.

One can be led by the Holy Spirit. One can trust in Jesus’ life example and the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit, to me, is the strongest guide and teacher that there is.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Kent

Kent

No, people who taught me heard it first and understood the truth before reading... and on and on...

Kent

That is non-sense. You and I both know the people who taught you read the Bible.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Antlers, I'm serious, would you be available to stand in at our church?

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

The purest Christian is a little child singing 'Jesus loves me this I know'... it's all down hill from there, the more you think you know than that child by studying scripture, the farther you get away from Christ.

Kent

Christ taught from Scripture.

Page 20 of 35 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 34 35

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

521 members (219 Wasp, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 1badf350, 222Sako, 45 invisible), 18,679 guests, and 1,389 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,945
Posts18,539,352
Members74,051
Most Online20,796
Yesterday at 04:44 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.