Print Thread
Hop To
Page 23 of 35 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 34 35
K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.”

Now this true. If a child is instructed how to enter the kingdom that resides in them they will do it easily because they haven't been brainwashed with the hogwash that is taught by the church.

It is very clear that Christ did not instruct the disciples that they needed to be born again, but did instruct the religious believers they did. Very telling.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Where’s yall buddy Happy Camper at?

Yall need to rein in your “brother”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I find the walk with Jesus to be an easy walk. His path is clear. The world isn’t easy; as krp’s grandmother said, “…life is a bunch of crap with a little happiness now and then…”. Jesus said His yoke is easy and His burden is light. I believe Him; I’ve found what He said to be true.

This earthly life that we all live is hard; but He’s willing to walk with us through it. And I’ve found that walk to not only make this earthly life better for me, but to make me better at this earthly life that we all struggle with.

The idea that the Power that created the universe is interested in having a one on one relationship with me...one of His creations...resonates with me. Everything else really pales in comparison to that idea. It changes your perspective and gives life real meaning.

He says He’ll give us rest from our weariness and our heavy burdens, and that we can learn from Him. I take that to heart. It’s the easiest life that I’ve ever known.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by IZH27

I’m don’t agree with the mostly spiritual view but I’m always curious to know how people come to their views and opinions. For the posters who step away from the tangible aspects of the Christian faith, the written Word, Baptism, the sacraments, do you have an objective rational for your position?

Definitely. It takes more faith to be an atheist than a Christian.

Short answer is to research William Lane Craig. He has excellent books, videos and essays on the subject. Yuo can spend a year studying his stuff and still find good things from him to read.

Longer answer is there is something called Natural Theology. This uses science and philosophy to make meta physical cases for the existence of God and His character.
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=teleological+argument+god
https://www.reasonablefaith.org/moral
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=kalam+cosmological+argument+god

This books is fantastic: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00G5M1BFK

He has a ton of videos too. https://duckduckgo.com/?q=youtube+william+lane+craig

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by IZH27
The church certainly has caused significant damage to the faith of many millions.

The church is composed of people, like me, all flawed. Like trying to put the pieces of a puzzle together that have broken, worn, and tattered edges. People cause damage. Individual people.

This is true.

IC B2

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
If you told the atheist that God is not a he, nor a she, but is Light, then most of them would not be atheists. It's the christian garbage that turns them away. Christ said it best, it's the Traditions of Men that turn people into atheists.

This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light,

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by WTM45
Being "of the flesh" I see my daily walk as a challenge because it is.
Hopefully, learning as I go. And not attempting to be seen as "righteous" in the eyes of others, but trying to do what I believe God intends for me to do.

Easy? That depends on the day.
It is not religion that I need for guardrails at the curves. It is simple trust in God for direction.

Really.
Aren't you forgetting something?

Ye are all the children of light
Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

That is occultic. You can see that cheap new age sht on hundreds of brain dead websites.

Now I understand qanon better.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by K22
If you told the atheist that God is not a he, nor a she, but is Light, then most of them would not be atheists. It's the christian garbage that turns them away. Christ said it best, it's the Traditions of Men that turn people into atheists.

This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light,

Like many you throw stones endlessly and will never explain or defend what your spiritual beliefs because they are indefensible.

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by OldHat
Originally Posted by K22
Hopefully, learning as I go. And not attempting to be seen as "righteous" in the eyes of others, but trying to do what I believe God intends for me to do.

It is not religion that I need for guardrails at the curves. It is simple trust in God for direction.

Really.

That is occultic. You can see that cheap new age sht on hundreds of brain dead websites.

Laffin!!!!! You just called Christ and God occultic. But then again, that is the correct use of that word, which of course means something hidden.

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by K22

Like many you throw stones endlessly and will never explain or defend what your spiritual beliefs because they are indefensible.

No, they have been explained to you but you refuse to read and comprehend them because you are so stuck in form........meaning perception.
You really enjoy spouting off scripture verses trying to defend your position and much of the time misinterpreting what was written in those verses. But I don't want to fault you to much as I also am guilty of doing the same thing many years ago. That belief that you and many others are posting is what I taught for just over 30yrs and that teaching is the broad path, not the narrow one. There are billions of christian people all over the world who believe what you are posting, maybe some of them in a different context, but never-the-less it is all the same.
The example of a child be able to enter in is very good allegory of saying the way to the kingdom is very simple. No hoops to jump thru or stones to jump over which is very unlike the christian religious teachings. And you know those teachings well and yes, those are the very teachings that Christ said were the Traditions of Men, not the teachings of Christ.
Antler in saying that the walk with Jesus is easy is also what I know. Him and I may not agree on the context of that or we may, I really don't know, but it is obvious by his posting that he has also overcome the Traditions of Men.
If what I am posting you OldHat consider new age, then by golly Christ was a new ager, he for sure was a rebel in his teachings. And as for new age, yup, we are now in a new age and its an age that Christ talked about. And the most interesting part of this "new age" to me is the fact that God in all His ability painted a picture of His son in the sky pouring out the water of truth, but the church in all their wisdom has missed it.
It is said: But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. and that is true, but many knew the year and the month, myself included and now that it has happened, I now know the year, month, day, and hour. Do you OldHat? The instructions to knowing were always there in the scriptures so as a scholar of such I'm sure you know also.

IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
1) Christ is the only means to salvation through Grace. Christ is to be worshiped, gloried and prayed to. He is divine and was not created.
2) The Bible is God's revelation to His followers and is the most important vehicle for His communication and guidance for our lives.
3) The Bible, while written, printed and copied by men, has been supernaturally protected via The Holy Spirit through out its inception by the prophets and apostles, and its collation into the printed text we see today.
4) Those who reject the Bible, or add to it, inevitably stray into heresy. It always happens.

We will all find this to be true. Some sooner. Some later. Some to late.

"For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions," 2 Tim 4:3

That time is now.

This is the long and the short of it. God doesn't reject people from heaven, people reject God. None of us know how much time we have, so now is a good time to get right with God.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
"For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions," 2 Tim 4:3

Yes. So lets see how that works. The Baptists have it down with their teaching, no it's the Methodist, nope the Catholics have it, nope it's the christian identity bunch, oh no the Nazarene's are in the know, no, no, it's the Jews, oh no not really, the church of God, now they rock, no they don't but those Pentecostal sure do,.............and on and on and on. That is exactly what christians do, they find themselves teachers that suit their passions/emotions and then call it the Holy Spirit, when in fact it is nothing more than their ego or human spirit.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by slumlord
Where’s yall buddy Happy Camper at?

Yall need to rein in your “brother”

It's the Safariman syndrome...

Kent

Last edited by krp; 11/18/21.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by K22

No, they have been explained to you but you refuse to read and comprehend them because you are so stuck in form........meaning perception.
You really enjoy spouting off scripture verses trying to defend your position and much of the time misinterpreting what was written in those verses. But I don't want to fault you to much as I also am guilty of doing the same thing many years ago. That belief that you and many others are posting is what I taught for just over 30yrs and that teaching is the broad path, not the narrow one. There are billions of christian people all over the world who believe what you are posting, maybe some of them in a different context, but never-the-less it is all the same.
The example of a child be able to enter in is very good allegory of saying the way to the kingdom is very simple. No hoops to jump thru or stones to jump over which is very unlike the christian religious teachings. And you know those teachings well and yes, those are the very teachings that Christ said were the Traditions of Men, not the teachings of Christ.
Antler in saying that the walk with Jesus is easy is also what I know. Him and I may not agree on the context of that or we may, I really don't know, but it is obvious by his posting that he has also overcome the Traditions of Men.
If what I am posting you OldHat consider new age, then by golly Christ was a new ager, he for sure was a rebel in his teachings. And as for new age, yup, we are now in a new age and its an age that Christ talked about. And the most interesting part of this "new age" to me is the fact that God in all His ability painted a picture of His son in the sky pouring out the water of truth, but the church in all their wisdom has missed it.
It is said: But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. and that is true, but many knew the year and the month, myself included and now that it has happened, I now know the year, month, day, and hour. Do you OldHat? The instructions to knowing were always there in the scriptures so as a scholar of such I'm sure you know also.

All that's been explained to me is a clear rejection of the Bible while hiding behind the phony "Traditions of Men" mantra .. . and mantra is the correct term.

When Christ talked about Traditions of Men he was not talking about the Holy Scripture. He was talking about things taught outside the Holy Scripture. Christ embraced Holy Scripture and taught His followers to do the same.

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished. 19 Therefore whoever relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven." Mat 5:17-19

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by K22

Really.

Laffin!!!!! You just called Christ and God occultic. But then again, that is the correct use of that word, which of course means something hidden.

It is a perversion of Holy Scripture to claim we are gods. That is exactly what satan has taught since the begging and what the gnostics teach to this day.

There is one God.

"But though we, or an angel from heaven, should preach unto you any gospel other than that which we preached unto you, let him be anathema." Gal 1:8

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
So there's a pecking order in heaven?

I'm trying to beat Jim Conrad out for the 9,006,612,004th spot, but he's got a pretty good hold on it.

Kent

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by K22

Yes. So lets see how that works. The Baptists have it down with their teaching, no it's the Methodist, nope the Catholics have it, nope it's the christian identity bunch, oh no the Nazarene's are in the know, no, no, it's the Jews, oh no not really, the church of God, now they rock, no they don't but those Pentecostal sure do,.............and on and on and on. That is exactly what christians do, they find themselves teachers that suit their passions/emotions and then call it the Holy Spirit, when in fact it is nothing more than their ego or human spirit.

You slide past the obvious fact that you do the same thing by differentiating yourself from others. You pretend to be special while condemning everyone else as inferior. You do exactly what you condemn.

Just because Christians differ in their opinions on some Scripture does not mean all of Scripture is wrong. You ignore the enormous agreement among Christians and focus on disagreements. All why turning a blind eye to your own spiritual beliefs. You hide your beliefs.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by krp

I'm trying to beat Jim Conrad out for the 9,006,612,004th spot, but he's got a pretty good hold on it.

Kent

Why do you hide your beliefs?

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

You obviously agree with Happy Camper that Billy Graham is burning in hell.

Kent

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

You obviously agree with Happy Camper that Billy Graham is burning in hell.

Kent

Your only concern is how many one liners you can eject into the thread.

Page 23 of 35 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 34 35

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

520 members (270cowboy, 10gaugeman, 1minute, 1badf350, 06hunter59, 264magnum, 51 invisible), 1,712 guests, and 1,158 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,066
Posts18,521,520
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.