Page 24 of 35 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 34 35
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by krp
So there's a pecking order in heaven?

I'm trying to beat Jim Conrad out for the 9,006,612,004th spot, but he's got a pretty good hold on it.

Kent

I know a guy.....

I am MAGA.
GB1

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by OldHat
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by krp

I'm trying to beat Jim Conrad out for the 9,006,612,004th spot, but he's got a pretty good hold on it.

Kent

Why do you hide your beliefs?

You obviously agree with Happy Camper that Billy Graham is burning in hell.

Kent

Your only concern is how many one liners you can eject into the thread.

I don't think you can keep straight who you are responding to.

Kent

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Kent

Kent

The similarities are glaring.

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by WTM45
Being "of the flesh" I see my daily walk as a challenge because it is.
Hopefully, learning as I go. And not attempting to be seen as "righteous" in the eyes of others, but trying to do what I believe God intends for me to do.

Easy? That depends on the day.
It is not religion that I need for guardrails at the curves. It is simple trust in God for direction.

Really.
Aren't you forgetting something?

Ye are all the children of light
Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

That is occultic. You can see that cheap new age sht on hundreds of brain dead websites.

Now I understand qanon better.

Laffin!!!!! You just called Christ and God occultic. But then again, that is the correct use of that word, which of course means something hidden.

It is a perversion of Holy Scripture to claim we are gods. That is exactly what satan has taught since the begging and what the gnostics teach to this day.

There is one God.

"But though we, or an angel from heaven, should preach unto you any gospel other than that which we preached unto you, let him be anathema." Gal 1:8

Those "Holy Scriptures" you speak of is exactly what Christ called the Traditions of Men. He did not teach from any so called holy scripture. And yes, he did not come to abolish "THE LAW" nor was he abolishing the Prophets and yes, he came to fulfill it. But you have no idea of what law he was referring to and that is a shame.
If Heaven and Earth pass away then that means humankind has passed away because one resides in humans and other is where humans live.
You really need to quit casting stones and start listening to what some are saying.
It was Jesus himself who said that we are gods. It was also the head honcho who said that we are gods, but along comes you and your christian teaching and want to dispute what God and Christ said, even down to the point of calling them Satan. Good luck with that. The Letter of the Law as Paul said is going to trip you up as it has so many others.

Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law?

22For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.

23But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.

24Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Kent

Kent

The similarities are glaring.

As with you and HC...

Kent

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
OldHat and Happy Camper are cut from the same cloth.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

I know a guy.....

That's ok, I don't have a problem being seated down the table a bit from you. We can have more laughs out of the hearing of the elitist's.

Kent

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some choose to see the Gospel as a set of rules to live by. And they wanna make sure that everyone else lives up to their standard. A theme of the Christian Bible is that you can’t behave your way into fellowship with God; you can’t obey your way into fellowship with God. No one ever could.

That’s the whole point. You have to trust in the One, and not in yourself. You don’t need a set of rules passed down from the Old Covenant (that the Jews never could abide by); or whatever rules you can find in the New Testament either. What you need, to me, is the Holy Spirit to lead you and guide you and teach you in the correct way every day of your life.

Situations change, and what He wants you to do in your life might be 2,000 years removed…and world’s apart…from what He wanted Peter or John or James or Paul to do in their lives. The whole point is to get you to the place where you can be led and guided and taught by the Holy Spirit.

When you get to that point, you’ll know what is right by the very Spirit of Truth that lives within you. It’s all meant to get you to a one on one relationship with God. I mean the right now, living Spirit of God that’s ignored by many while they argue what Jesus said to somebody else over 20 centuries ago, and throw Bible verses like they’re javelins, and tell us that we’re not following Jesus and we’re not saved if we’re not doing the same.

That attitude, to me, is just a bunch of legalistic crap that leads you to nothing but judging other’s and pushing people away from Jesus.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Antlers, sound thinking as usual, it's so hard for me to, 'wrap my head around the GIFT."

Most if not everything in life has be be earned of bought.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Did my good deed last Friday. Dropped off 80 boxes at their Charlotte processing center.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

IC B3

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by antlers
Some choose to see the Gospel as a set of rules to live by. And they wanna make sure that everyone else lives up to their standard. A theme of the Christian Bible is that you can’t behave your way into fellowship with God; you can’t obey your way into fellowship with God. No one ever could.

That’s the whole point. You have to trust in the One, and not in yourself. You don’t need a set of rules passed down from the Old Covenant (that the Jews never could abide by); or whatever rules you can find in the New Testament either. What you need, to me, is the Holy Spirit to lead you and guide you and teach you in the correct way every day of your life.

Situations change, and what He wants you to do in your life might be 2,000 years removed…and world’s apart…from what He wanted Peter or John or James or Paul to do in their lives. The whole point is to get you to the place where you can be led and guided and taught by the Holy Spirit.

When you get to that point, you’ll know what is right by the very Spirit of Truth that lives within you. It’s all meant to get you to a one on one relationship with God. I mean the right now, living Spirit of God that’s ignored by many while they argue what Jesus said to somebody else over 20 centuries ago, and throw Bible verses like they’re javelins, and tell us that we’re not following Jesus and we’re not saved if we’re not doing the same.

That attitude, to me, is just a bunch of legalistic crap that leads you to nothing but judging other’s and pushing people away from Jesus.

You're use of red text is creepy. You reject God's word and then you write personal missives with weird scriptural allusions.

I use God's word like javelins because that is what God has told me to do.

" In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one; and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God,: Eph 6:16-17
"For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart." Heb 4:12

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Antlers, sound thinking as usual, it's so hard for me to, 'wrap my head around the GIFT."

Most if not everything in life has be be earned of bought.

wabigoon, do you read and believe the BIble?

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by goalie
Originally Posted by wabigoon
We raise livestock Vaccines work.,

You do realize that the covid "vaccines" didn't actually meet the CDC definition of a vaccine, so they changed the definition, right?

He's referring to livestock vaccines working. He said nothing about covid.

I certainly don't know why people are always picking on this fine gentleman.

Maybe because no one taught them any manners.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by WTM45
Being "of the flesh" I see my daily walk as a challenge because it is.
Hopefully, learning as I go. And not attempting to be seen as "righteous" in the eyes of others, but trying to do what I believe God intends for me to do.

Easy? That depends on the day.
It is not religion that I need for guardrails at the curves. It is simple trust in God for direction.

Really.
Aren't you forgetting something?

Ye are all the children of light
Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

That is occultic. You can see that cheap new age sht on hundreds of brain dead websites.

Now I understand qanon better.

Laffin!!!!! You just called Christ and God occultic. But then again, that is the correct use of that word, which of course means something hidden.

It is a perversion of Holy Scripture to claim we are gods. That is exactly what satan has taught since the begging and what the gnostics teach to this day.

There is one God.

"But though we, or an angel from heaven, should preach unto you any gospel other than that which we preached unto you, let him be anathema." Gal 1:8

Those "Holy Scriptures" you speak of is exactly what Christ called the Traditions of Men. He did not teach from any so called holy scripture. And yes, he did not come to abolish "THE LAW" nor was he abolishing the Prophets and yes, he came to fulfill it. But you have no idea of what law he was referring to and that is a shame.
If Heaven and Earth pass away then that means humankind has passed away because one resides in humans and other is where humans live.
You really need to quit casting stones and start listening to what some are saying.
It was Jesus himself who said that we are gods. It was also the head honcho who said that we are gods, but along comes you and your christian teaching and want to dispute what God and Christ said, even down to the point of calling them Satan. Good luck with that. The Letter of the Law as Paul said is going to trip you up as it has so many others.

Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law?

22For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.

23But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.

24Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.

Christ taught from the Scriptures.
"And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded to them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself." Luke 24:27

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished. 19 Therefore whoever relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven." Mat 5:17-19

I'm not relying on luck. Time will make all things known.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Also Jesus said to the religious leaders recorded in John 5:39,

"'You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me.'"

Also we find in God's Word recorded in Matthew 22:29,
"'You are mistaken, not understanding the Scriptures nor the Power of God.'"

Recorded in 1 Corinthains 1:24, Apostle Paul wrote,

"but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the Power of God and the Wisdom of God."

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
To you folks that quote Paul and seem to take his word as gospel or sacred scripture I have a question. Can a poor suspicious follower of Jesus and John the Baptist find his way to salvation by studying the so called Old Testament and studying the words of Jesus and John and the writings of the New Testament to the exclusion of Paul's missives and also excluding Hebrews and second Peter? Will Jesus take my name from the book of life for thinking these books may be fraudulent? Even though I accept Jesus and John to be exactly who they claimed to be? Even though I accept the law and the prophets that Jesus clearly stated would stand as long as heaven and earth endure?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
'Grace", not works.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by Hastings
To you folks that quote Paul and seem to take his word as gospel or sacred scripture I have a question. Can a poor suspicious follower of Jesus and John the Baptist find his way to salvation by studying the so called Old Testament and studying the words of Jesus and John and the writings of the New Testament to the exclusion of Paul's missives and also excluding Hebrews and second Peter? Will Jesus take my name from the book of life for thinking these books may be fraudulent? Even though I accept Jesus and John to be exactly who they claimed to be? Even though I accept the law and the prophets that Jesus clearly stated would stand as long as heaven and earth endure?

My answer is yes. There is only one way into the Kingdom and you've already got it within you. Now all you have to do is activate it and that is also something you have. It is something a child can do, it is what God meant when he said........."Be Still" and Christ said...."Take no thought.
As for John the Baptist, Jesus called him Elias which in Greek is Elijah. I find that interesting for a couple of reasons.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I

So you read the OT scriptures as a rule of law that must be met for you to be approved or do you read them as a revelation of Christ? Jesus said that all of the OT told about him.

When you say that you accept Jesus and John to be exactly who they claim to be what do you mean?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by K22

My answer is yes. There is only one way into the Kingdom and you've already got it within you. Now all you have to do is activate it and that is also something you have. It is something a child can do, it is what God meant when he said........."Be Still" and Christ said...."Take no thought.
As for John the Baptist, Jesus called him Elias which in Greek is Elijah. I find that interesting for a couple of reasons.

Jesus said that of men born of women John the Baptist was the greatest of them all. John had something to say about salvation. He advised the trouble makers that came to see him to first show fruits of repentance. John and Jesus reiterated the message of the whole Old Testament which requires true repentance. Yes, salvation is an undeserved gift but it must be earned through repentance. Jesus didn't tell the story of the prodigal son just to tell a heartwarming story. God is the father in the story, you (all of humanity) are the son. The salvation of Nineveh was told as a lesson in salvation. Remember Jesus rebuking the unrepentant cities in Matthew?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Page 24 of 35 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 34 35

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 1badf350, 1234, 1lessdog, 65 invisible), 1,815 guests, and 1,207 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,070
Posts18,521,629
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.