Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 25 of 35 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 34 35
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by IZH27
Originally Posted by Hastings
To you folks that quote Paul and seem to take his word as gospel or sacred scripture I have a question. Can a poor suspicious follower of Jesus and John the Baptist find his way to salvation by studying the so called Old Testament and studying the words of Jesus and John and the writings of the New Testament to the exclusion of Paul's missives and also excluding Hebrews and second Peter? Will Jesus take my name from the book of life for thinking these books may be fraudulent? Even though I accept Jesus and John to be exactly who they claimed to be? Even though I accept the law and the prophets that Jesus clearly stated would stand as long as heaven and earth endure?

So you read the OT scriptures as a rule of law that must be met for you to be approved or do you read them as a revelation of Christ? Jesus said that all of the OT told about him.

When you say that you accept Jesus and John to be exactly who they claim to be what do you mean?

Who did they claim to be? You can read.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pat85,

👊🏻

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by antlers
Some choose to see the Gospel as a set of rules to live by. And they wanna make sure that everyone else lives up to their standard. A theme of the Christian Bible is that you can’t behave your way into fellowship with God; you can’t obey your way into fellowship with God. No one ever could.

That’s the whole point. You have to trust in the One, and not in yourself. You don’t need a set of rules passed down from the Old Covenant (that the Jews never could abide by); or whatever rules you can find in the New Testament either. What you need, to me, is the Holy Spirit to lead you and guide you and teach you in the correct way every day of your life.

Situations change, and what He wants you to do in your life might be 2,000 years removed…and world’s apart…from what He wanted Peter or John or James or Paul to do in their lives. The whole point is to get you to the place where you can be led and guided and taught by the Holy Spirit.

When you get to that point, you’ll know what is right by the very Spirit of Truth that lives within you. It’s all meant to get you to a one on one relationship with God. I mean the right now, living Spirit of God that’s ignored by many while they argue what Jesus said to somebody else over 20 centuries ago, and throw Bible verses like they’re javelins, and tell us that we’re not following Jesus and we’re not saved if we’re not doing the same.

That attitude, to me, is just a bunch of legalistic crap that leads you to nothing but judging other’s and pushing people away from Jesus.

Well said.

That won’t and hasn’t gone over well with papist and them shackled like slaves to man made doctrine.

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Can a poor suspicious follower of Jesus and John the Baptist find his way to salvation by studying the so called Old Testament and studying the words of Jesus and John and the writings of the New Testament to the exclusion of Paul's missives and also excluding Hebrews and second Peter?
Hastings, Abraham was saved before there were any “Holy Scriptures” at all. After Abraham died, it was many hundreds of years before Moses was even born. So, to your question, I say yes.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
So what’s the verdict on Franklin gram, dead or what?

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by OldHat
Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by WTM45
Being "of the flesh" I see my daily walk as a challenge because it is.
Hopefully, learning as I go. And not attempting to be seen as "righteous" in the eyes of others, but trying to do what I believe God intends for me to do.

Easy? That depends on the day.
It is not religion that I need for guardrails at the curves. It is simple trust in God for direction.

Really.
Aren't you forgetting something?

Ye are all the children of light
Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

That is occultic. You can see that cheap new age sht on hundreds of brain dead websites.

Now I understand qanon better.

https://www.kjv1611only.com/video/15false/Kanye_West_Is_A_Wicked_Reprobate.mp4

Maybe k22 thinks he's a god.
Or maybe "k" stands for Kanye. LoL.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Jahrs

Riding a chariot of charity to hell apparently.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by slumlord
Where’s yall buddy Happy Camper at?

Yall need to rein in your “brother”

Looks to me like Old Hat is doing just fine while I have a chance to enjoy dinner this evening.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Happy if you were Daniel the lions would've eaten you.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by killerv
krp, Matthews 7:13 refers to the gate of salvation. Once a person has hit the age of accountability, they will make a conscious choice to take a path.
Once the path to Heaven has been taken by fully accepting Christ, that "narrow" gate is the end result. There is no leaving that path.
Yes, it is a narrow path as it is the one less chosen by the masses. The wide "gate" appears easier to many people.

Will there be those who never "grew" in the spirit and became what Christ wanted them to be? Yes. And they will receive a judgement for that in Heaven.
I think many who expect "crowns" or awards will not be getting quite what they are anticipating.
To "grow" in the spirit refers to becoming that believer who is an example and witness for Christ. That is through study, prayer and asking Christ to have the Holy Spirit influence those studies and understanding.
Akin to a plant, after it breaks soil and grows to become something that bears a good product the growth of a believer has to be nourished and protected.
Lotsa fungus, blight, rot and drought to be found in this world.

Thats why I never understood the baby baptism thing....certainly not a conscious choice by the child. And even Confirmation for a 13yo, it seems more of a force by the parents or church than a conscious choice of the kid.

It was a rite that was started by Rome and continued by Reformers.

According to the Bible, babies go to heaven regardless of whether it is sprinkled, poured, dunked, or none of the above.
Those who practice this are showing their personal and denominational belief that religious rituals/ works are required for salvation.

However, the Bible says,
"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Not of works, lest any man should boast."

Ephesians 2

Faith in the Savior, not in works, is what the Bible teaches as the requirement.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Raferman
Happy if you were Daniel the lions would've eaten you.

That would've ruined my dinner.
Probably theirs too.
😄

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D

The Pharisees on here have condemned him to hell. They even quoted scripture to confirm it.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Riding a chariot of charity to hell apparently.

Originally Posted by dassa

The Pharisees on here have condemned him to hell. They even quoted scripture to confirm it.

I guess that proves that good works doesn’t save ?

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
To you folks that quote Paul and seem to take his word as gospel or sacred scripture I have a question. Can a poor suspicious follower of Jesus and John the Baptist find his way to salvation by studying the so called Old Testament and studying the words of Jesus and John and the writings of the New Testament to the exclusion of Paul's missives and also excluding Hebrews and second Peter? Will Jesus take my name from the book of life for thinking these books may be fraudulent? Even though I accept Jesus and John to be exactly who they claimed to be? Even though I accept the law and the prophets that Jesus clearly stated would stand as long as heaven and earth endure?

I have a question. What do you find objectionable about Paul's writing? What does he say that you think is wrong?

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by wabigoon
'Grace", not works.

Agree. We know that because it is what is taught n the Bible.

Last edited by OldHat; 11/18/21.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by K22

My answer is yes. There is only one way into the Kingdom and you've already got it within you. Now all you have to do is activate it and that is also something you have. It is something a child can do, it is what God meant when he said........."Be Still" and Christ said...."Take no thought.

That is non sense. That is new age gobbledygook https://duckduckgo.com/?q=gobbledygook&ia=definition

The new age is satanic. Thoughtless meditation is no pathway to Christ.
" Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

No he did not die. He had his pericardium removed and last I heard was doing okay. I don't know what his long term prognosis is.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Originally Posted by OldHat
Originally Posted by K22
Being "of the flesh" I see my daily walk as a challenge because it is.
Hopefully, learning as I go. And not attempting to be seen as "righteous" in the eyes of others, but trying to do what I believe God intends for me to do.

Easy? That depends on the day.
It is not religion that I need for guardrails at the curves. It is simple trust in God for direction.

Really.
Aren't you forgetting something?

Ye are all the children of light
Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

That is occultic. You can see that cheap new age sht on hundreds of brain dead websites.

Now I understand qanon better.

https://www.kjv1611only.com/video/15false/Kanye_West_Is_A_Wicked_Reprobate.mp4

Maybe k22 thinks he's a god.
Or maybe "k" stands for Kanye. LoL.

I personally don't believe Kanya has had a genuine salvation experience. My gut tells me he is just a self promoter.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Originally Posted by killerv
krp, Matthews 7:13 refers to the gate of salvation. Once a person has hit the age of accountability, they will make a conscious choice to take a path.
Once the path to Heaven has been taken by fully accepting Christ, that "narrow" gate is the end result. There is no leaving that path.
Yes, it is a narrow path as it is the one less chosen by the masses. The wide "gate" appears easier to many people.

Will there be those who never "grew" in the spirit and became what Christ wanted them to be? Yes. And they will receive a judgement for that in Heaven.
I think many who expect "crowns" or awards will not be getting quite what they are anticipating.
To "grow" in the spirit refers to becoming that believer who is an example and witness for Christ. That is through study, prayer and asking Christ to have the Holy Spirit influence those studies and understanding.
Akin to a plant, after it breaks soil and grows to become something that bears a good product the growth of a believer has to be nourished and protected.
Lotsa fungus, blight, rot and drought to be found in this world.

Thats why I never understood the baby baptism thing....certainly not a conscious choice by the child. And even Confirmation for a 13yo, it seems more of a force by the parents or church than a conscious choice of the kid.

It was a rite that was started by Rome and continued by Reformers.

According to the Bible, babies go to heaven regardless of whether it is sprinkled, poured, dunked, or none of the above.
Those who practice this are showing their personal and denominational belief that religious rituals/ works are required for salvation.

However, the Bible says,
"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Not of works, lest any man should boast."

Ephesians 2

Faith in the Savior, not in works, is what the Bible teaches as the requirement.

Amen.

Page 25 of 35 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 34 35

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 1badf350, 1234, 1lessdog, 66 invisible), 1,803 guests, and 1,202 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,070
Posts18,521,648
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.