-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 17 of 19 1 2 15 16 17 18 19
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Anybody else figure out why Leftists are so bent out of shape that he "Crossed the border" to be there? I thought borders didn't matter...?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by gsganzer
Not guilty and the jury should agree. That being said, not sure about the merit of a 17YO walking around armed in a powder keg of a situation.

This statement is 180* from what America is.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
WE are having trials in this nation, that should never see the light of day.... just to satisfy the radical left and their communist agendas....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
Rittenhouse was stupid for being there at all. If you play in mud you get some on you. When he saw a bunch of animals there a wise man would have left. A foolish boy stayed until he had to shoot people and now he may end up in prison for life. It would be different if he was in his own yard. I think he is not guilty of murder but he was stupid and it may cost him dearly.

Actually we were stupid for NOT being there and protecting right along with him
Just think of where their agenda would be if we had

Last edited by steve4102; 11/19/21.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Personally, I firmly believe the jury should unanimously find Rittenhouse not guilty of ALL charges, released and left alone to get on with the rest of his life a free man, ...BUT... unfortunately, what I'm expecting to more likely really happen is this:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/12/us/kyle-rittenhouse-trial-charges.html

...Jury deliberations began on Tuesday morning in the trial of Mr. Rittenhouse, who was 17 when he came to Kenosha with a semiautomatic rifle amid unrest over a police shooting and fired eight shots, killing two men and wounding a third. The five charges he faces include first-degree intentional homicide, which is called first-degree murder in other states and is among the most serious charges on the books in Wisconsin. If convicted of that charge, he could face life in prison.

Beyond those five counts, Judge Bruce Schroeder on Monday told jurors to weigh some less serious charges. That could prove significant, legal experts say, because the lesser charges offer jurors a path to compromise if they disagree on the most serious offenses. For example, on the charge of first-degree intentional homicide, the judge told jurors that they also had the option of finding the defendant guilty of second-degree intentional homicide or first-degree reckless homicide.

“The lesser charge implicitly invites a compromise among the jurors,” said Michael O’Hear, a professor at Marquette University Law School in Milwaukee, who said requests for juries to consider charges less serious than the ones a defendant originally faced were common.

James Kraus, a prosecutor in Mr. Rittenhouse’s trial, told reporters that his request to allow jurors to consider lighter charges on several counts was standard rather than an admission of weakness in the case.

The judge’s instruction on lighter charges was seen as a win for the prosecution.
But in a victory for the defense, the judge on Monday dismissed a sixth charge against Mr. Rittenhouse. It was the least serious, a misdemeanor charge of illegally possessing a dangerous weapon as a minor. ...

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by joken2

Personally, I firmly believe the jury should unanimously find Rittenhouse not guilty of ALL charges, released and left alone to get on with the rest of his life a free man, ...BUT... unfortunately, what I'm expecting to more likely really happen is this:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/12/us/kyle-rittenhouse-trial-charges.html

...Jury deliberations began on Tuesday morning in the trial of Mr. Rittenhouse, who was 17 when he came to Kenosha with a semiautomatic rifle amid unrest over a police shooting and fired eight shots, killing two men and wounding a third. The five charges he faces include first-degree intentional homicide, which is called first-degree murder in other states and is among the most serious charges on the books in Wisconsin. If convicted of that charge, he could face life in prison.

Beyond those five counts, Judge Bruce Schroeder on Monday told jurors to weigh some less serious charges. That could prove significant, legal experts say, because the lesser charges offer jurors a path to compromise if they disagree on the most serious offenses. For example, on the charge of first-degree intentional homicide, the judge told jurors that they also had the option of finding the defendant guilty of second-degree intentional homicide or first-degree reckless homicide.

“The lesser charge implicitly invites a compromise among the jurors,” said Michael O’Hear, a professor at Marquette University Law School in Milwaukee, who said requests for juries to consider charges less serious than the ones a defendant originally faced were common.

James Kraus, a prosecutor in Mr. Rittenhouse’s trial, told reporters that his request to allow jurors to consider lighter charges on several counts was standard rather than an admission of weakness in the case.

The judge’s instruction on lighter charges was seen as a win for the prosecution.
But in a victory for the defense, the judge on Monday dismissed a sixth charge against Mr. Rittenhouse. It was the least serious, a misdemeanor charge of illegally possessing a dangerous weapon as a minor. ...

ANY conviction of anything in this case negates our 2nd Amendment, and our God given RIGHT to self defense.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by deflave
Not guilty and the jury should agree. That being said, not sure about the merit of a 17YO walking around armed in a powder keg of a situation.

This statement is 180* from what America is.

I would on the one hand caution my son if he wanted to do what Kyle did but I’d also be damned proud that he desired to “be the change he wants to see”.

Kyle’s only mistake was the idealism of the young.

As has been said he is clearly not guilty and ought not to have even been charged. If he is declared guilty it will only be due to the Lefts’ constant threats to burn this country’s urban centers to the ground.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by dan_oz
Originally Posted by benchman

He should be able to walk anywhere without being attacked. Rittenhouse was completely within his rights. Americans have become used to cops doing their dirty work. In this case, the cops were prevented from doing their job. Had they DONE their job, there wouldn't have been a riot. In any case, all citizens can enforce the law.

Time was, in my country and, I believe, your country, that people were expected to turn out, armed if need be, to deal with disturbances of the peace and good order. Indeed that is why I quoted Robert Peel, earlier, because it was a principle from the common roots we have that the people would turn out, taking responsibility for protecting their community.

FWIW about a century ago relatives of mine, and many others besides, turned out with their guns to hunt down a gang of outlaws running wild in the region, robbing and murdering people. One of them was wounded by local citizens in an exchange of fire, and a few days later after being wounded again was captured by another group of local citizens not far from where my family has held land for the last 170 years. Another turned himself in, and the third was shot dead by another bloke, a farmer. These blokes who dealt with the bandits were hailed for it. Nowadays they'd probably be charged.

It seems to me, from this distance, that the young bloke turned out the way that people were, at one time, expected to do, and that there's a segment of the population which can't abide that he did so. That sort of self reliance, rather than dependence on the State for protection, seems anathema to them.

Well said. Exactly right.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by dan_oz
Originally Posted by benchman

He should be able to walk anywhere without being attacked. Rittenhouse was completely within his rights. Americans have become used to cops doing their dirty work. In this case, the cops were prevented from doing their job. Had they DONE their job, there wouldn't have been a riot. In any case, all citizens can enforce the law.

Time was, in my country and, I believe, your country, that people were expected to turn out, armed if need be, to deal with disturbances of the peace and good order. Indeed that is why I quoted Robert Peel, earlier, because it was a principle from the common roots we have that the people would turn out, taking responsibility for protecting their community.

FWIW about a century ago relatives of mine, and many others besides, turned out with their guns to hunt down a gang of outlaws running wild in the region, robbing and murdering people. One of them was wounded by local citizens in an exchange of fire, and a few days later after being wounded again was captured by another group of local citizens not far from where my family has held land for the last 170 years. Another turned himself in, and the third was shot dead by another bloke, a farmer. These blokes who dealt with the bandits were hailed for it. Nowadays they'd probably be charged.

It seems to me, from this distance, that the young bloke turned out the way that people were, at one time, expected to do, and that there's a segment of the population which can't abide that he did so. That sort of self reliance, rather than dependence on the State for protection, seems anathema to them.

Well said. Exactly right.

Spot on.................

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Seafire
WE are having trials in this nation, that should never see the light of day.... just to satisfy the radical left and their communist agendas....

We saw this in the Trayvon Martin trial, too. Clear case of an armed neighborhood watchman trying to keep an eye on a suspected prowler while coordinating with the police via cell phone. In that context, he was attacked by the suspected prowler, badly beaten, and finally drew his gun and stopped the attack, leaving the attacker dead. Those were the obvious facts, yet he was put on trial for murder.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

ANY conviction of anything in this case negates our 2nd Amendment, and our God given RIGHT to self defense.

Indeed.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Seafire

We saw this in the Trayvon Martin trial, too. Clear case of an armed neighborhood watchman trying to keep an eye on a suspected prowler while coordinating with the police via cell phone. In that context, he was attacked by the suspected prowler, badly beaten, and finally drew his gun and stopped the attack, leaving the attacker dead. Those were the obvious facts, yet he was put on trial for murder.

The Marxist/communist are changing the definition of right & wrong

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by efw
If he is declared guilty it will only be due to the Lefts’ constant threats to burn this country’s urban centers to the ground.

And the right's apathy.

LOL
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by efw

I would on the one hand caution my son if he wanted to do what Kyle did but I’d also be damned proud that he desired to “be the change he wants to see”.

Kyle’s only mistake was the idealism of the young.

As has been said he is clearly not guilty and ought not to have even been charged. If he is declared guilty it will only be due to the Lefts’ constant threats to burn this country’s urban centers to the ground.

Which is precisely the reason civilization is supposed to do whatever it takes to suppress and punish mobs, post haste. Because, if allowed to occur, and if not severely punished, you get rule by the mob both directly and indirectly, such as we might be seeing in the Rittenhouse case.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jwp475
The Marxist/communist are changing the definition of right & wrong.

They are trying to.

But that dog won't hunt.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
W
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
Yep, there is still some rugged individualism left in America, and the communists hate it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
sounds like the defense didn't do enough on researching the jury. They have a liberal activist on there, at least one.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by KFWA
sounds like the defense didn't do enough on researching the jury. They have a liberal activist on there, at least one.

In a big bowl of turds, which ones don't stink?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KFWA

In a big bowl of turds, which ones don't stink?

unfortunately the more I hear about everyone that has been involved in Kyles defense so far , the more I believe this young man was given some bad advice. Alot of self promotion at the expense of this boy's life.

Hindsight is 20/20 but there are few do overs in this situation.

Last edited by KFWA; 11/19/21.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by jwp475
The Marxist/communist are changing the definition of right & wrong.

They are trying to.

But that dog won't hunt.

It won't hunt with people like you and me, but it is hunting with far too many

Page 17 of 19 1 2 15 16 17 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

586 members (1badf350, 10Glocks, 1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 72 invisible), 2,591 guests, and 1,330 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,515
Posts18,509,484
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.