Print Thread
Hop To
Page 33 of 35 1 2 31 32 33 34 35
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
What do you all believe that God requires for salvation....
Works or Faith/Grace?

Mauser?

Jahrs?

The opposite of the hateful bullshit you get paid to spread.

I am MAGA.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Works or Faith/Grace?

Mauser?

Jahrs?

Your garden must grow very good with all of the hateful manure you spread. You love to troll with all your heart and a believer doesn't roll over and submit to your 7th grade playground taunts, and the poor Con whines about that mean Christian.

Let's all have a pitty party for Jim.
All together now, "Poooooor Jimmy.....". 😭😢😭😭😢

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Works or Faith/Grace?

Mauser?

Jahrs?

Strider?

Wabigoon?

Thanks Jahrs!

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Hahahahaha!

You are pathetic HC.

Peter ain't never gonna see your face.

Keep toggling chickenshit.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm

I've heard that some Christians have become atheists because of the bible.

You heard wrong!

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Works or Faith/Grace?

Mauser?

Jahrs?

Preach it Big Jim.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jahrs

You heard wrong!

Some folks look for excuses to blame the Bible and Christianity for rejecting God. Then there's fake christians that turn them onto atheists like Bart Ehrman, Hawkings, etc.
Wolves in sheep's clothing are popular with the world.
That's why I'm more interested in what the Bible says than a famous popular preacher like the Grahams, or any other TV personality.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

You heard wrong!

I don't think so. Penn Jillette said so - there's a video of it somewhere. I think Aron Ra said the same but I'm not sure.

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Works or Faith/Grace?

Mauser?

Jahrs?

Your garden must grow very good with all of the hateful manure you spread. You love to troll with all your heart and a believer doesn't roll over and submit to your 7th grade playground taunts, and the poor Con whines about that mean Christian.

Let's all have a pitty party for Jim.
All together now, "Poooooor Jimmy.....". 😭😢😭😭😢

You're the only troll here presently; most of us know that, and your history of blatant lies.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

You heard wrong!

Some folks look for excuses to blame the Bible and Christianity for rejecting God. Then there's fake christians that turn them onto atheists like Bart Ehrman, Hawkings, etc.
That's why I'm more interested in what the Bible says than a famous popular preacher like the Grahams, or any other TV personality.

It's more of a case of the bible being able to be believed, or rather having proof to believe what it contains. If it's supposed to present the foundation for belief in god, it does the wrong job, and there are Christians here who even say a similar thing.

Well?
IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

You heard wrong!

It's more of a case of the bible being able to be believed, or rather having proof to believe what it contains. If it's supposed to present the foundation for belief in god, it does the wrong job, and there are Christians here who even say a similar thing.

I would disagree that the “supposed” purpose of the Bible is to “present” or be the “foundation for belief in god.” Odd idea fer sure.

A simple “straw man” construct for you?

Belief in God does not require ….nor depend upon …nor necessary begin with believing any sort of “proof” of what the Bible may contain. You are diverting from the real issue.

Put the Bible aside for a moment…. What is of the utmost importance ….is you and God. Just you… and just God.

Claiming that one does not believe in God because one does not believe the Bible is simply a poorly thought out excuse.

Just you and Just God.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
So what makes you think that your god is not Allah, or Krishna or other?

Well?
K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K

Now there's a fair question.

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by TF49

You heard wrong!

I would disagree that the “supposed” purpose of the Bible is to “present” or be the “foundation for belief in god.” Odd idea fer sure.

A simple “straw man” construct for you?

Belief in God does not require ….nor depend upon …nor necessary begin with believing any sort of “proof” of what the Bible may contain. You are diverting from the real issue.

Put the Bible aside for a moment…. What is of the utmost importance ….is you and God. Just you… and just God.

Claiming that one does not believe in God because one does not believe the Bible is simply a poorly thought out excuse.

Just you and Just God.

But in truth, you can't go there. The belief in God came from the Bible, not from any other source.
If I understand the basis of or for atheism it is there is no proof of God, Christ, nor the Israelites other than outside the Bible stories.
And anyone who studies ancient cultures, outside of a christian perspective, would know that the word Israel is not a Hebrew word but is in fact 3 Egyptian words put together. Add to that there is no proof, and they've tried, that there were ever 12 tribes in that area of the world at any given time in history. So ya, I can understand why there are those who become atheist or even go to some other belief system. Then of course you have the Bible thumper on here who want to punish you for not believing what they believe. Fear is the basis of the christian belief. You have some Deity that hates other cultures, leads is own bunch out into a desert as punishment, wants a father to murder his son, forces a husband to pimp his wife then attacks the fella who wants her, has a son but has him murdered to prove a point, promises to nuke the entire world killing any and all for not believing what ever it wants you to believe, then claims he loves the world, loves it so much he had his son murdered, and don't forget, God loves you. So ya, I certainly understand why there are atheists.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

You start with a question….asking what makes one think his god is not Allah or Krishna or other…. Do you think one “has” their ”own” god?

Nope, the one true God makes Himself known to us. Asking about one’s “own” god seems to imply that we make a choice out of a basket of “gods.” It is a foolish and false idea that there are “gods” to be chosen by us. There may be false ideas and mental fabrications of god….. that is simply man’s imagination. Also, Satan is real and so are his demons…. False and weak imitations of the real thing.

Btw….allah, krishnu and others have not made themselves known like the Creator has.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Well, I happen to,think that the foundation of “belief in the one True God” came from God Himself and through the Son, Jesus.

The Bible didn’t exist like it does today when Jesus established His Church.

Having said that, I love Scriptire and believe it is the inspired by God and useful for us in understanding.

Take your comment “belief in God came from the Bible.” I would ask how Abram came to believe in God? He did not have the Bible yet had saving faith.

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Well, I happen to,think that the foundation of “belief in the one True God” came from God Himself and through the Son, Jesus.

Having said that, I love Scriptire and believe it is the inspired by God and useful for us in understanding.

Take your comment “belief in God came from the Bible.” I would ask how Abram came to believe in God? He did not have the Bible yet had saving faith.

Allegory, all of it. And all of it includes Satan.
So yes, I believe the writings in the Bible are true, just not literal like you and others do. Prove factually that there is a God out there, meaning outside of yourself.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by K22

Allegory, all of it. And all of it includes Satan.
So yes, I believe the writings in the Bible are true, just not literal like you and others do. Prove factually that there is a God out there, meaning outside of yourself.

Just you and Just God….keep it simple. You can choose to seek God or not. Your choice on whether or not you seek God depends more on man’s pride and self sufficiency than it does on some intellectual “proof.”

You will reject the truth about God as long as you let “yourself” get in the way.

The heavens declare the glory of God. The evidence for His existence is seen in His creation. But, you may be one of those who somehow thinks this universe “came from nothing.” Plato figured it long ago.

Also note, that the Pharisees were there when Jesus performed miracles, yet they rejected Him as the “Son of God.” They had “proof” and chose to discount it. Many today do likewise.

This matter between you and God…. It is only between you and God. You are perfectly capable of choosing to dismiss evidence and reject truth. Your choice.

But do remember, God is near to you and wants you to turn your face toward Him. He will answer.

The honest seeker finds.

Edit to add: For an interesting reading, search “Plato Cave” and “Quotes Aristotle”

Last edited by TF49; 11/21/21.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That’s a real good post TF49.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
It is human nature that attempts to define God with attributes that are entirely human. Maybe it is to assist in understanding.
It can be difficult for some to grasp the immense power, and others can not wrap their heads around the concepts of eternity and an omnipotent deity.

God makes Himself known to all at some time and place in their lives. It is up to them to accept or deny His existence.
The gift is there for all to receive.

Page 33 of 35 1 2 31 32 33 34 35

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (17CalFan, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 19rabbit52, 10ring1, 56 invisible), 2,092 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,086
Posts18,521,930
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.