Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
https://www.foxnews.com/us/atlanta-airport-gunfire-manhunt-underway-convicted-felon-kenny-wells

As in the Rittenhouse case, Felon with a firearm, LOCK them Up, or take their hands (their choice).

And these zombies line up and eat from the media’s trough

Cowards CANNOT be free. Nor should they be.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
It’s amazing to me that so many “pro” gun folks are anti gun when it comes to felons.

The world is full of weapons and people still think gun control for felons works.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
A felon in possession of a firearm needs killing. I feel anyone convicted of three felonies needs killing. Fact is killing the bad guys will pretty much fix the majority of problems we have in the country. The crooked politicians and or lawyer's will be out of a job.

Life is good live it while you can.
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Hypocrite
It’s amazing to me that so many “pro” gun folks are anti gun when it comes to felons.

The world is full of weapons and people still think gun control for felons works.

It is not necessarily "Pro" or "Anti" gun people that concern me so much as the TOTAL INABILITY of so many people to be able to independently THINK anymore... and to NOT take the words spoken by MSM as an "Instruction Manual" on how they MUST LIVE THEIR LIVES WITHOUT QUESTIONING ANYTHING.

This one hit that point home (more so than any other memes here recently).

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by CashisKing; 11/21/21.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Owning a gun is a right, Felons lose their rights, They have conditions for parole, owning a gun is a violation of that parole. Break the parole (do the crime) do the time.

Show people that guns are not the answer to a minor dispute,

Enforce the laws that are on the books.

And these zombies line up and eat from the media’s trough

Cowards CANNOT be free. Nor should they be.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
All of the founding fathers were felons.....just putting that out there.
And if someone can "take away" a right, it's not a right it's a privilege.

I spend all my money on loose women and trapping supplies.....The rest I just waste.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
A bit of silliness, a bit of truth.
Guns make for a polite society
Unfortunately this won’t work well in cities were gangs are concerned , they don’t seem to have a grain of politeness between thier ears .
Kenneth

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MadTrapper375

Very true. I never understood the US obsession with barring felons from owning firearms. The way I see it either you learnt your lesson after you do the time and you enjoy full rights again, or you didnt learn your lesson and if you want to do bad things you will find a way to get an illegal gun anyway...

These bans, like most gun bans only disadvantage those who werent intending to do anything wrong.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 158XTP

Very true. I never understood the US obsession with barring felons from owning firearms. The way I see it either you learnt your lesson after you do the time and you enjoy full rights again, or you didnt learn your lesson and if you want to do bad things you will find a way to get an illegal gun anyway...

These bans, like most gun bans only disadvantage those who werent intending to do anything wrong

Plus 1

What it really comes down to is that we have one particular race of people that commit most of the really violent crimes and as a whole cannot be trusted with firearms. Our Founders understood this but in modern times unless convicted of a felony they have as much right to a weapon as anyone.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

They were (knowingly) guilty of treason against the crown but that's an apples to oranges comparison because when the rebellion became a successful revolution, they no longer answered to the British government, they *became* the government.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What worries me is the fact that there are so many things that used to be misdemeanor offenses are now felonies.
They’re turning us all into unconvicted felons on a daily basis. I think this is planned. That way we can be disarmed one at a time.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Barring felons from possessing firearms allows them, if caught, to be locked up before they commit more crimes. Possession of a weapon by a felon is prima facia evidence that they’re going to commit more crimes and are willing to kill while doing so.

What fresh Hell is this?
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
200 years ago, for the most part, Felons owning/possessing firearms wasn't much of a problem.

The list of 'Felonies' was much shorter, AND

Once convicted of a Felony your life was much shorter also........ so problem solved, as it were.

RE: Treason!!! Patriotic or Treasonous Acts are largely dependent on Dates!!!

Last edited by Muffin; 11/21/21.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Hypocrite

So are you suggesting felons should be legally allowed to possess a gun since gun control for them doesn't work? Why stop there. Maybe we make theft and shop lifting legal since the laws against it didn't work. How about rape? Murder? With your logic why have any laws at all?

3825 24336
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
If a person is deemed safe enough to walk among us in society they should be afforded the same rights as everybody else.

I oppose the restriction of gun ownership for any free American.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by clockwork_7mm

They were (knowingly) guilty of treason against the crown but that's an apples to oranges comparison because when the rebellion became a successful revolution, they no longer answered to the British government, they *became* the government.

Apples to apples. Goverment is goverment.

I spend all my money on loose women and trapping supplies.....The rest I just waste.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
A felon in possession of a firearm needs killing. I feel anyone convicted of three felonies needs killing. Fact is killing the bad guys will pretty much fix the majority of problems we have in the country. The crooked politicians and or lawyer's will be out of a job.

Would you have felt the same way if Rittenhouse were convicted on all counts?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
What worries me is the fact that there are so many things that used to be misdemeanor offenses are now felonies.
They’re turning us all into unconvicted felons on a daily basis. I think this is planned. That way we can be disarmed one at a time.
7mm

Similar to domestic violence. A misdemeanor banning those convicted of firearm ownership. At the time it was made into law it was supposed to prevent wife beaters from buying a gun to kill their wife. 25 or so years later and anything and everything is domestic violence. Two adult roommates, two adult relatives, a man damaging property a wife or GF property or making any contact whatsoever with during an argument. All of it is domestic violence and a lifelong firearm ban.

Which isn’t to justify any of the above behavior but it’s morphed into something that it wasn’t sold as at the time and the way that the charge is through around today definitely should not be a lifelong ban. I have no doubt that anti gun prosecutors use it as a tool.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by clockwork_7mm

Apples to apples. Goverment is goverment.

Eh...only if you expected the new government to try and convict *itself* of crimes against the former government. Technically they were never convicted at trial just declared outlaws by the crown.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The 1968 Gun Control Act made owning a firearm by a convicted felon illegal irrespective of the crime type. So most "pro-gun folks" believe following the law is a good idea especially when it comes to who can legally purchase a firearm. Convicted felons have already proven they are not much for following laws.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

287 members (2500HD, 160user, 21, 12344mag, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 30 invisible), 1,782 guests, and 1,102 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,632
Posts18,493,023
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.