Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by deflave
If a person is deemed safe enough to walk among us in society they should be afforded the same rights as everybody else.

I oppose the restriction of gun ownership for any free American.

Exactly...

I got into a heated argument about blind people not being able to have guns... or partially blind people... or people that wear glasses... or people that someday might need to wear glasses... or people with a hearing loss not having 100% full senses to know what is going on around them... or people with a sprained ankle not being sufficiently able to retreat from an attack...

Exactly where would most of you draw the line?

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If a person is deemed safe enough to walk among us in society they should be afforded the same rights as everybody else.

The hitch in that logic is that the “deemers” continually and consistently deem all kinds of worthless schittbirds to be safe enough to walk around with the rest of us, knowing it’s unlikely they’ll ever run into them themselves. It’s another symptom of the Them and Us philosophy.

Non-violent felons? No problem.

Last edited by Pappy348; 11/21/21.

What fresh Hell is this?
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
A felon in possession of a firearm needs killing. I feel anyone convicted of three felonies needs killing. Fact is killing the bad guys will pretty much fix the majority of problems we have in the country. The crooked politicians and or lawyer's will be out of a job.

Would you have felt the same way if Rittenhouse were convicted on all counts?

You've identified why this debate usually implodes so quickly. Most who would say "no" to your question would say "yes" (and make memes) if you asked it about bicep guy.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I somewhat agree with you. I have a friend that got tangled up with the IRS and foolishly took a plea deal. I don't believe he defrauded the government at all but he wanted out of the trouble. Now he is a federal felon and cannot possess a firearm. As to "safe enough to walk among us", there are way too many (Rosenbaum for instance) that are turned loose that will never be "safe enough".

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

You make a good point. I might have a bit hasty with my reply. It is not a black & white issue. When the government moves the lines as to what constitutes a felony, it blurs the line.

3825 24336
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Pappy348

The hitch in that logic is that the “deemers” continually and consistently deem all kinds of worthless schittbirds to be safe enough to walk around with the rest of us, knowing it’s unlikely they’ll ever run into them themselves. It’s another symptom of the Them and Us philosophy.

Non-violent felons? No problem.

That’s an indictment of a judicial system.

It has nothing to do with the 2nd Amendment.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Cretch

You make a good point. I might have a bit hasty with my reply. It is not a black & white issue. When the government moves the lines as to what constitutes a felony, it blurs the line.

It is a black and white issue.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by clockwork_7mm

Eh...only if you expected the new government to try and convict *itself* of crimes against the former government. Technically they were never convicted at trial just declared outlaws by the crown.
And how long before this goverment declares people speaking up against it are commiting treason? ( Jan. 6th.)

I spend all my money on loose women and trapping supplies.....The rest I just waste.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 158XTP
Originally Posted by MadTrapper375
All of the founding fathers were felons.....just putting that out there.
And if someone can "take away" a right, it's not a right it's a privilege.

Very true. I never understood the US obsession with barring felons from owning firearms. The way I see it either you learnt your lesson after you do the time and you enjoy full rights again, or you didnt learn your lesson and if you want to do bad things you will find a way to get an illegal gun anyway...

These bans, like most gun bans only disadvantage those who werent intending to do anything wrong.

I mostly disagree with your position on felons in possession. I think that felons who have been convicted of a definded range of violent crimes and are subsequently convicted of the possession of a firearm should face mandatory termination, full stop, no exceptions. Felons who have been convicted of a definded range of non-violent crimes and are subsequently convicted of possessing a firearm should face a mandatory sentence of 10 year in prison without any opportunity for parole. I believe that so called "Straw Buyers", people who knowingly purchase firearms legally, but acting as an agent for a prohibited person, should also face mandatory 10 year prison sentence if convicted.

Felons, by their very nature, are rule breakers, not typical law abiding citizens. I can't see how banning convicted felons from possesing firearms is a disadvantage to anyone but them. Maybe felons have paid their debt to society, but that doesn't mean that every law abiding citizen is required to embrace them and give them a clean slate, not everyone deserves a second, third, forth, fifth, sixth, etc. chance when their record reflects who and what they are.

The recidivism rate for violent felons who are terminated is 0, while the rate for those who are released into society is over 60% according to prisonlegalnews.org.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Hastings

I somewhat agree with you. I have a friend that got tangled up with the IRS and foolishly took a plea deal. I don't believe he defrauded the government at all but he wanted out of the trouble. Now he is a federal felon and cannot possess a firearm. As to "safe enough to walk among us", there are way too many (Rosenbaum for instance) that are turned loose that will never be "safe enough".

Rosenbaum being free has nothing to do with the 2nd Amendment.

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

Very true. I never understood the US obsession with barring felons from owning firearms. The way I see it either you learnt your lesson after you do the time and you enjoy full rights again, or you didnt learn your lesson and if you want to do bad things you will find a way to get an illegal gun anyway...

These bans, like most gun bans only disadvantage those who werent intending to do anything wrong.

I mostly disagree with your position on felons in possession. I think that felons who have been convicted of a definded range of violent crimes and are subsequently convicted of the possession of a firearm should face mandatory termination, full stop, no exceptions. Felons who have been convicted of a definded range of non-violent crimes and are subsequently convicted of possessing a firearm should face a mandatory sentence of 10 year in prison without any opportunity for parole. I believe that so called "Straw Buyers", people who knowingly purchase firearms legally, but acting as an agent for a prohibited person, should also face mandatory 10 year prison sentence if convicted.

Felons, by their very nature, are rule breakers, not typical law abiding citizens. I can't see how banning convicted felons from possesing firearms is a disadvantage to anyone but them. Maybe felons have paid their debt to society, but that doesn't mean that every law abiding citizen is required to embrace them and give them a clean slate, not everyone deserves a second, third, forth, fifth, sixth, etc. chance when their record reflects who and what they are.

The recidivism rate for violent felons who are terminated is 0, while the rate for those who are released into society is over 60% according to prisonlegalnews.org.

^^^failure to think^^^

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

I see what you did there grin

3825 24336
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
A felon in possession of a firearm needs killing. I feel anyone convicted of three felonies needs killing. Fact is killing the bad guys will pretty much fix the majority of problems we have in the country. The crooked politicians and or lawyer's will be out of a job.

I AGREE > it should be a public hanging for all killers and rape cases , it helps teach the young and others too not break the law of the land. , felony needs to be redefined . also in some cases the judge should give the defendent 2 options =# 1 prison or # 2 Army or Marines

Last edited by pete53; 11/21/21.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
In several states, a PFA restraint is enough to deprive you of your 2A Rights.
My ex did it purely out of spite.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

I am a firm believer in this concept.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

I see what you did there grin

Then men that penned the Constitution didn’t let kid fugkers into society either.

It’s pretty black and white.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
any ''domestic violence'' bust and your guns are gone. a man argues with his wife and he grabs her by the arm, she files a complaint, you got a feminist DA, and his gun rights are gone for good. know who was 'co president'' when this law was passed. Hillary.

just part of the liberal gun grab.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76

These bans, like most gun bans only disadvantage those who werent intending to do anything wrong

Plus 1

What it really comes down to is that we have one particular race of people that commit most of the really violent crimes and as a whole cannot be trusted with firearms. Our Founders understood this but in modern times unless convicted of a felony they have as much right to a weapon as anyone.

According to FBI stats on solved homicides, most homicides are intra-racial, about 90% of black homicide victims are killed by other black folks and about 90% of white homicide victims are killed by other white folks. If "insert racial/ethnic group name" lives mattered, the greatest decrease in "insert racial/ethnic group name" homicides would be achieved if we/they would stop killing people in our own racial/ethnic group.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’m pretty sure the Framers believed that schittbirds would be hanged or locked up long and hard. For now, the rights protected by the 2nd aren’t absolute, subject to reasonable restrictions. Forbidding violent schittbirds from having guns is reasonable; just ask someone who’s wife or child been raped and murdered by one. Obviously it often doesn’t stop them from being armed, but it does allow them to be put away for a time where they can only rape and murder other schittbirds.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

Are you a Judge ? If not it would be a good line of work for you.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

272 members (21, 12344mag, 2500HD, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 160user, 27 invisible), 1,758 guests, and 1,118 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,632
Posts18,492,998
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.