Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by MadTrapper375
Originally Posted by clockwork_7mm

Eh...only if you expected the new government to try and convict *itself* of crimes against the former government. Technically they were never convicted at trial just declared outlaws by the crown.
And how long before this goverment declares people speaking up against it are commiting treason? ( Jan. 6th.)

Dunno. But that has nothing to do with the Founders being felons. Articles implemented a weak central state to avoid another tyrannical government. That experiment didn't work, so along with the new federal state, 2A was in case they had to do it again. You've got the same capabilities they did.

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
I am of the firm opinion, if a person is not safe to walk among society with a firearm, that person should be removed from society............permanently.

On the other hand, the day is coming when this society shall declare all of us felons for the exercise of our 2'nd Amendment rights. Or for thought crimes associated with such.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
What about retards and small children.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
The Constitution was composed by elevated thinkers who envisioned a society of free men who would act in a civil manner to form a country with elevated values and that protected itself from predators and those that disregarded those values. Most felons scoff at our values and choose to take advantage of the weak and the naive.

Asocial predators are a fact of life and must be controlled. Criminals believe that decent people are weak and ignore our laws and values...Phug 'em deep and continuous, if they abuse our rights to be free and safe they choose to abandon any claim to those same rights.To equate the protection of the 2A to all who occupy this country is fatuous and simple minded.

Choices have consequences.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by pete53
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
A felon in possession of a firearm needs killing. I feel anyone convicted of three felonies needs killing. Fact is killing the bad guys will pretty much fix the majority of problems we have in the country. The crooked politicians and or lawyer's will be out of a job.

I AGREE > it should be a public hanging , it helps teach the young and others too not break the law of the land. , felony needs to be redefined also. also in some cases the judge should give the defendent 2 options = 1 prison - 2 Army or Marines

But some things that are felonies nowadays are much less severe than certain misdemeanors I need to get all this lined out and have degrees of felonies or a little different system.

IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by johnw
Originally Posted by johnw
Felon doesn't mean what it used to mean.

In Iowa a third conviction in 12 years for OWI makes you a felon. A third conviction in 12 years and one month and you are not a felon

In Illinois, if you leave your concealed carry weapon locked in your glove box and your wife (with no CCH License) takes your vehicle to town she is a felon, if caught.

In Illinois, If you leave an unloaded cased shotgun in your vehicle and your wife (with no FOID card) takes that vehicle to town, she is a felon, if caught.

The word felony is supposed to denote a serious crime with serious consequences. Some jurisdictions have watered that meaning down by making felons of people who acted with no criminal intent.

And what of a felon who has paid his debt to society? Is he supposed to pay for the rest of his existence? Suppose he takes a job, marries, has children and prospers righteously. Has he no right to defend himself and his children?

If an individual is judged by the court as a menace to society, that person should be locked away until such time as that menace is considered canceled.
If an individual cannot be considered safe to walk the streets with all of his constitutional guaranties in place, he should never take a free step.

And if it is determined they should never be free they are too dangerous or whatever the circumstance they should no longer be breathing

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
"And what of a felon who has paid his debt to society? Is he supposed to pay for the rest of his existence? Suppose he takes a job, marries, has children and prospers righteously. Has he no right to defend himself and his children?"

Apparently a felon never entirely pays his debt to society. Ever notice that on a job application form there is the question, "Have you ever been convicted of a felony?" or something similar? Sorry, w can't hire you. Maybe that's one of the reason there is such a high rate or repeat offends.
I know a person who as a young man robbed a stop and rob. He was all of 18 years old. He did a five year sentence, the full term of his conviction and was released. He's in his 50's now and the highest paying job he's been able to get is as a fry cook in a greasy spoon eatery. Even after being on the straight and narrow for all these years that conviction still keeps punishing him.

Another case with a different outcome. My neighbor stopped a crime in progress with a firearm. No one was hurt. Turned out it was kids trying to steal another neighbor's car. Seems one of the cops was the uncle of one of the perps. You can see how this is gonna go. The neighbor was lucky, got a year's supervised probation and six months unsupervised probation after that. Then he asked the court to restore his rights which was granted. The good news was he wasn't fired from his job and stayed until he retired. Big difference on the final outcome of two individuals.

My point is this. Is the system geared so that someone convicted of a felony should be punished until the day they die? Currently this appears to be the case. At one time, you paid your debt to society and were done. Nowadays, it seems you can never repay society enough.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A felon in possession of a firearm needs killing. I feel anyone convicted of three felonies needs killing. Fact is killing the bad guys will pretty much fix the majority of problems we have in the country. The crooked politicians and or lawyer's will be out of a job.

Serious question?
No trap other than the obvious.
Just a friendly question.

You ever commit a felony?
Don't justify. Don't exclude laws you disagree with.
If a zealous cop had been there, you ever commit one?

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
The .gov will eventually make everyone a felon.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by 45_100
I believe the Constitution is the supreme law of the land. I also believe the Constitution means exactly what it says. When it says separation of church and state it does not meani freedom from religion. When it says shall not be infringed, it means exactly that. Dont like it, change it!

I read that part referenced often.

Can you quote the part of the constitution that states that idea?

Thanks.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'll put this here now. The question to True Grit was a set up for this
anyway.

We live 25 miles from Commie Maryland.
One of our equidistant big towns is Cumberland.
Have vacationed in Delaware, and the Jersey Shore.

Pretty much always take a little friend with us traveling, end up
with a handgun in MD wayyy too often. Having SWCHP in the 38
is an extra crime in NJ.

Have attended softball/tennis/chorus/band/meet the teacher.....
events. With a gun in the car, and a knife in my pocket.

As a young kid, I was along on various family expeditions that
were common back then. It was feeding the family with protein you
fed from your crops. Today, it's a felony.
(Probably at least close
to qualifying for crop damage permits. The old timers didn't play
paper games. They did what they needed.)

Not counting the deer, none of this was exactly intentional
breaking the law. Much of the school and MD violations were
Oh, Crap! moments. Damn sure meant no harm to anyone, or anything.
Just carrying a defense item hoping to never use it. Or a simple tool
to cut stuff.

Couldn't guess the number of counts the knife/gun thing add up to.
Heck, just remembered my Spyderco Stretch has a 3 1/2" blade.
Not a doubt that it has been places the blade length would be trouble.

Ever street race? Or do anything that can be considered racing.
You don't even have to speed to be charged? Just light to light can do it.

Ever drive way too fast? If you had wrecked and seriously hurt someone.
Amazing how the action isn't always what sets the charge. Instead, it's
the results.

Last edited by Dillonbuck; 11/21/21.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
That would be the government you know seldom gets anything right labeling felons and taking hands. The current government would like to find new ways to label you a felon to take your hands.

Freedom is always the answer, even for those you hate.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
2A (et al) is chipped away at because the politicians NEVER have enough votes to actually ALTER or AMEND the actual Constitution.

I think I learned that in 6th grade history... and I have always considered myself kinda slow on the uptake of important chit.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
How about these scenarios?

Convicted felon Ladell Thornton shot maintenance person Chris Gradoville multiple times and killed him when he had gone to the house that Thornton rented in order to replace a broken toilet.

Jacobi Terry shot store clerk Bahy Altairi and killed him, then he shot another man later the same day, probably with the gun that he stole from the business where he killed the clerk.

Thornton is in his 40's and has a criminal history.

Terry is 18 and has no criminal history.

Both used firearms to kill innocent people.

Should both be terminated or just incarcerated?

I think that they both should be terminated, but I'm a strict law and order guy.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Fact is killing the bad guys will pretty much fix the majority of problems we have in the country. The crooked politicians and or lawyer's will be out of a job.

The crooked politicians and/or lawyers are on the list of bad guys, so out of a job isn't adequate by your own reasoning.

Haul ass, haul ass! - Pappy
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

606 members (1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 10gaugeman, 160user, 10Glocks, 62 invisible), 2,285 guests, and 1,305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,695
Posts18,494,204
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.