Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by skeen
Originally Posted by deflave
Whaddya fellas do when your upland bird hunting?

Fugk your mom.

LOL

Bro, my mom is dead. It was tragic. A hunting accident. If only she'd listened to her PH...

I was just trying to inject a little Thanksgiving humor.

No disrespect.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Fugk your mom.

LOL

Bro, my mom is dead. It was tragic. A hunting accident. If only she'd listened to her PH...

No schidt?
Mine too!
Small world!

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I always carry my rifle unloaded with the bolt removed and no ammo in the magazine.I also tape the muzzle and my rifle scope.One can never be too safe!!!

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
That "mid way" point of bolt closure is more like 7/8 way up and this is the first I have heard of carrying in that position. I have hunted Africa and didn`t see that but I don't plan to go again so I guess it is a moot point.

Good luck keeping that muzzle control when falling on your ass. There isn`t a damn person here who hasn't flagged someone by accident, even if unknowingly. I won't believe otherwise. Shame on us all for that. It is inexcusable but it is naive to think you always have total control of that muzzle, in any situation.

Between this and some other folk`s thoughts concerning gun handling and responsibility on other threads I can see why Deflave and Big Stick think so highly of Texans...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Sauer200

Fugk your mom.

LOL

No schidt?
Mine too!
Small world!

So Flave fuqked both your moms to death?

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by T_Inman
That "mid way" point of bolt closure is more like 7/8 way up and this is the first I have heard of carrying in that position. I have hunted Africa and didn`t see that but I don't plan to go again so I guess it is a moot point.

Good luck keeping that muzzle control when falling on your ass. There isn`t a damn person here who hasn't flagged someone by accident, even if unknowingly. I won't believe otherwise. Shame on us all for that. It is inexcusable but it is naive to think you always have total control of that muzzle, in any situation.

Between this and some other folk`s thoughts concerning gun handling and responsibility on other threads I can see why Deflave and Big Stick think so highly of Texans...

I never saw anyone walking around randomly with a bolt up procedure. It was only when on the final stalk with dangerous game. There were never any round in the chamber when the rifles were being carried slung or in the trucks (fully unloaded).

Muzzle control is paramount so I don't get your comment about falling on your ass and what I observed. You can fall at any time even on a final stalk so muzzle control doesn't end with that either.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Fugk your mom.

LOL

Pictures of Skeen’s mom required.

LOL

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I had a hunting buddy that thought the bolt up position was safe, then one day after climbing to the top of the mountain I looked at his gun and somehow the bolt got pushed down! his gun was hot and off safe, he had no clue. I told him don't ever do that stupid schit again!!!
I am surprised nobody has suggested decocking on a live round.... an absolutely moronic move that some think is safe
As usual Flave is correct.... again

PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I think next time I’m in the final stages of a stalk I’ll spend two minutes precariously positioning the bolt in a neutral position instead of just going hot and using the GD safety.

I swear the stupidity on exhibit these days is flat fugking astounding.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by irfubar
I had a hunting buddy that thought the bolt up position was safe, then one day after climbing to the top of the mountain I looked at his gun and somehow the bolt got pushed down! his gun was hot and off safe, he had no clue. I told him don't ever do that stupid schit again!!!
I am surprised nobody has suggested decocking on a live round.... an absolutely moronic move that some think is safe

Flave rules.

IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
That "mid way" point of bolt closure is more like 7/8 way up and this is the first I have heard of carrying in that position.

I own 17+ Remington 700s and 721s... I lift my bolt about 1/2" (end of bolt knob) when I am in the field hunting with a hot chamber. My index finger is under the outer edge of the bolt knob often. Lug tension is excellent on all of my rifles... this has never been a problem.

I honestly have no idea how a bolt lifted 7/8 of the way would not be a huge problem, but I am not judging... just don't understand.

If I am on the move and am inclined to sling my rifle for a long walk... I either go cold chamber or close the bolt and put the safety on.

If I am going into a tree stand it is cold EVERY TIME up and down... that would be the same in a nasty blow down that is a PITA to cross.

I also typically hunt alone... I have found large groups of people arguing about stupid chit... does alert game.

I swear some of you guys would argue about how to put on a sock.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by stuvwxyz
When I was guiding deer and elk hunters we had a stead fast rule. Bolt handles up, always. Cant go off by accident and instantly able to put into action when needed.

Every one of my bolt rifles, the bolt would fall open and chambered cartridge would hit the ground.

It is just so much easier to close the bolt on an empty chamber.

But, of course, it is not then obvious to others that the rifle is safed.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
FYI... I have a dozen or so triggers from 805... his stuff is great and has NEVER been a contributing factor to any Remington 700 oops.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Longbob

I never saw anyone walking around randomly with a bolt up procedure. It was only when on the final stalk with dangerous game. There were never any round in the chamber when the rifles were being carried slung or in the trucks (fully unloaded).

Muzzle control is paramount so I don't get your comment about falling on your ass and what I observed. You can fall at any time even on a final stalk so muzzle control doesn't end with that either.

It wasn't you that I was referring to when I responded about people walking around all day with the bolt "up". A couple of other posters had mentioned doing that.

My comment about falling on your ass wasn't meant for just a final stalk. I am aware a person can fall at any time. I have easily 20-30 times so far this season and not once was during a stalk. It was a generalized comment to everyone on this thread---keeping muzzle control is not something I believe people can always control, and most especially when slipping and falling.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Dang!

All these replies and no one has given the obligatory

“Just keep your booger hook off the bang switch”….

Y’all are slipping!!

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I always left my rifle at home. When I found game I’d go back & get it

Haven’t killed anybody yet, but that dang ironbender is prodding me

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I

Learned about the error of decocking at a young age. I bumped the butt on a Wea MKV, the firing pin bounced up and discharged. Fortunately harmlessly into the air, as I was aware of muzzle control.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by CashisKing
That "mid way" point of bolt closure is more like 7/8 way up and this is the first I have heard of carrying in that position.

I own 17+ Remington 700s and 721s... I lift my bolt about 1/2" (end of bolt knob) when I am in the field hunting with a hot chamber. My index finger is under the outer edge of the bolt knob often. Lug tension is excellent on all of my rifles... this has never been a problem.

I honestly have no idea how a bolt lifted 7/8 of the way would not be a huge problem, but I am not judging... just don't understand.

If I am on the move and am inclined to sling my rifle for a long walk... I either go cold chamber or close the bolt and put the safety on.

If I am going into a tree stand it is cold EVERY TIME up and down... that would be the same in a nasty blow down that is a PITA to cross.

I also typically hunt alone... I have found large groups of people arguing about stupid chit... does alert game.

I swear some of you guys would argue about how to put on a sock.

Left foot first? Or right?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

I had a PH in Africa recommend doing that....I refused. I was just after plains game but I didn't get killed by a buffalo (I think). Final destination stuff.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Longbob

It wasn't you that I was referring to when I responded about people walking around all day with the bolt "up". A couple of other posters had mentioned doing that.

My comment about falling on your ass wasn't meant for just a final stalk. I am aware a person can fall at any time. I have easily 20-30 times so far this season and not once was during a stalk. It was a generalized comment to everyone on this thread---keeping muzzle control is not something I believe people can always control, and most especially when slipping and falling.

No worries. I misunderstood and thought it was directed at me since I list I am from Texas. I agree it is insanely dangerous to carry a live round bolt up when roaming around, slung, or any other scenario like that.

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10ring1, 61 invisible), 2,497 guests, and 1,279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,592
Posts18,492,149
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.