Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 10at6
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
We never did find a clue as to their identity or reason for being there.

But I am quite convinced, had they got their hands upon me, I would be listed to this day as a mysterious disappearance.

Damn.

I’m recalling two paperboy abductions back them, the belief was they were taken to be trafficked to homosexuals. Pure evil.

Makes you wonder why that guy and those boys had driven back into BLM land. Dumping a body?

Were they delivering on bikes?

Yes, that was common back then, I had a paper route too, used my 10 speed Schwinn Varsity for the purpose.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by copperking81
JFC... can you imagine living with the OP? It has to be exhausting. A product of living on the same farm in Cow Town, ID his entire life with no real appreciable life experience.

Convinced covid death lays in wait around every corner and the klan is actively patrolling Georgia suburbs.

Yep, OP is FOS as usual.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by slumlord
What would Hampy Crapper do? Or Kellory?

Happy Copeland???
God would do some divine intervention of some sort and a M249 SAW with a 200 rd drum of 4 to 1 would appear in his hands.

Kellory ????
Bend over a sapling and rig up a jackknife trap.
Semi automatic stab em all in the neck reset mode all ninja like from his hidey hole with shoe lace control string...

I miss Kellory.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
Originally Posted by ldholton
$1600 heifer in 73 ...

Yeah he lost me there too.
That and the story doesn't match the title of the thread.

Maybe some kids got hold of his computer…Big squeeze comes to mind…

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Well, for one I appreciate the OP's story.

When I was 11 (1972), I broke my leg riding a dirt-bike. This was in the East Texas woods near Broaddus. I'm talking remote.

My 8-year old sister and 9-year old female cousin went back to the house (Honda 50's), several miles away down country dirt roads to get my mom. My 10-year-old male cousin and
an 11 year-old friend stayed with me on their dirt bikes (Honda SL70).

On the way back to the house, my sister and cousin were confronted by a man blocking the road with a vehicle. My sister and cousin said that he had a small boy with him, crying, and the man was holding a pistol. He ordered them to stop.
The girls turned around and fled to where I was laying with a broken leg and told us what happened. My 10-year-old cousin went with them and headed back toward the house. The vehicle, man, and boy were gone.

A while later, my mom and uncle arrived with the '72 Buick station wagon. At about that same time, a couple of early 20ish young men rode up on horses. They were amiable and helpful in getting me loaded into the station wagon for the 40 or so mile trip to Lufkin & a hospital. For some reason my uncle was spooked. He sent my mom in his station wagon to take me to the hospital, and said he was going to accompany the other kids home on my Honda.

Within months, the story of The CandyMan and the Houston Mass Murders broke. When Dean Corll's picture was shown on tv, my sister screamed. (She is still traumatized by thoughts of what happened to that young boy all these decades later). When we saw Elmer Wayne Henley's photo, we all recognized him as one of the young men on horse back.

They recovered over a dozen mutilated bodies of young boys within a half of mile of where we were.
God was definitely with us that day or we would have been victims - like so many others.

I didn't have a gun, but I probably had a knife. I don't think it would have done much good.

Last edited by skfullen; 11/25/21. Reason: Added info

The original Frito Bandito!
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Been treed by a bull once.

Is that what you call it?

LOL

Oh My. That's a big un.

Lol!

Waste of a joke because Fireballz won’t even get it.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by skfullen

When I was 11 (1972), I broke my leg riding a dirt-bike. This was in the East Texas woods near Broaddus. I'm talking remote.

My 8-year old sister and 9-year old female cousin went back to the house (Honda 50's), several miles away down country dirt roads to get my mom. My 10-year-old male cousin and

On the way back to the house, my sister and cousin were confronted by a man blocking the road with a vehicle. My sister and cousin said that he had a small boy with him, crying, and the man was holding a pistol. He ordered them to stop.
The girls turned around and fled to where I was laying with a broken leg and told us what happened. My 10-year-old cousin went with them and headed back toward the house. The vehicle, man, and boy were gone.

A while later, my mom and uncle arrived with the '72 Buick station wagon. At about that same time, a couple of early 20ish young men rode up on horses. They were amiable and helpful in getting me loaded into the station wagon for the 40 or so mile trip to Lufkin & a hospital. For some reason my uncle was spooked. He sent my mom in his station wagon to take me to the hospital, and said he was going to accompany the other kids home on my Honda.

Within months, the story of The CandyMan and the Houston Mass Murders broke. When Dean Corll's picture was shown on tv, my sister screamed. (She is still traumatized by thoughts of what happened to that young boy all these decades later). When we saw Elmer Wayne Henley's photo, we all recognized him as one of the young men on horse back.

They recovered over a dozen mutilated bodies of young boys within a half of mile of where we were.
God was definitely with us that day or we would have been victims - like so many others.

I didn't have a gun, but I probably had a knife. I don't think it would have done much good.

Wow, that's one hell of a story.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How does that story (or the OP's story) relate to the OP's question in today's world for full grown men who can go heeled?

MM

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I've never shared that story before. It was traumatic for my sister an all involved. Less for me. I was in pain and just wanting to get out of there.

The OP's story, and mine, both illustrate the importance of being aware of your surroundings. I sometimes question my parents letting us head off down the dirt roads on dirt bikes when we were 7 or 8 years old.

But it was a different time. Still, some young boys paid with their life for their innocence and willingness to trust the Candyman.

At this point in my life, I am never unarmed. I sometimes think my reflections on that day are one of the reasons.

I don't take a poop that I don't have a firearm within reach. Some might call me paranoid. I just refer to myself as prepared.

I don't know why the op titled his thread the way he did, or his reason for posting. But, I'm glad he did.

Perhaps his story has some lessons for the way we raise children - unable to carry a weapon. The fight-or-flight instinct should be encouraged in all children. They should be taught a healthy suspicion of strangers - well-known adults. My sister and cousin exercised good sense and fled the way they should have. They did not surrender to a person who was superiorly armed.

Last edited by skfullen; 11/25/21. Reason: Added info

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

At this point in my life, I am never unarmed. I sometimes think my reflections on that day are one of the reasons.

I don't take a poop that I don't have a firearm within reach. Some might call me paranoid. I just refer to myself as prepared.

That's understandable & no, you're not paranoid, given the world today, but depending on where you are or where you live there are certainly a wide range of threat or alert levels.

There are just a schitt load of crazies of all types, for lots of reasons, in the world today....................overall much higher level that in the days of your story.

MM

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S

Holy shiet!!

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Huntz
$1600 heifer in 73 ...

He did not say that.

Edit in his favor ... may have meant as is now but not what original put

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
$1600 heifer in 73 ...

Yeah he lost me there too.
That and the story doesn't match the title of the thread.

In 73 dollars, reading cooperation.

Like I said just above that was not what was originally but edit is his friend

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
You Bastages would argue anything. Glad y'all are perfect...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42

Holy shiet!!

You grow to appreciate growing up in that Ayish Bayou bottom.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
A dude shares a compelling, heartfelt, obviously traumatic story from his history. Y'all act like Rachel Maddow and concentrate on grammar and placement of commas just to distract from the story.

Bunch of damn ass-hats...

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42

Holy shiet!!

You grow to appreciate growing up in that Ayish Bayou bottom.

Speak English, please. I know not of what you speak.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sorry...I assumed you were actually from that area.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Not a Cajun or CoonAss, but I have many friends who are! They do speak English or at least attempt to, and I don't always understand what the hell they're saying.

Even though I am educated and cultured, I still speak East Texas Redneck fluently when required.

Last edited by skfullen; 11/25/21. Reason: Added

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by slumlord
What would Hampy Crapper do?

Same thing he did the other 12 times somebody tried to off him.

McGyver his way out of it.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

538 members (219 Wasp, 222Sako, 1eyedmule, 06hunter59, 1_deuce, 12344mag, 60 invisible), 2,565 guests, and 1,326 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,566
Posts18,473,245
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.