Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Claw hammer.

After my first home invasion, I went out and bought a bag of them from the dime store. I had one in every room of the house.

It was a hot night, and I'd been working on my house all day and I was lying naked on the bed when 2 guys came in. I grabbed my claw hammer out of my tool belt and backed them down the stairs. They weren't out to get me; they wanted to visit the hooker that used to live on the 3rd floor.

There are a few good Youtubes out there explaining their use. I grew up in a construction family. Dad showed me around the claw hammer and the spade shovel. He had to keep saying, "But don't do it this way, you'll kill the guy."

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
dont use a skate board

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I crafted a 'knee-capper' from a Win Classic take-off barrel. Installed a rather large hex nut on the muzzle end... Used either way, it WILL leave a mark..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
A piece of 5/16' 7x17 cable worn in your belt loop (with or without a padlock (or pointy things) added to the working end) can be useful for a multitude of purposes.

1) Lock up a bike (or skateboard).

2) Lock up a car wheel in a sketchy neighboorhood.

3) Motivate a pit bull to seek snackage elsewhere.

Length will vary based on your girth.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by gemby58
Originally Posted by ruffcutt
Originally Posted by Deans
Lazer

That’s actually a good idea, I think the antifa used those during the riots. Most had no defense for potential eye damage.

get a military grade laser, not potential but eye damage

Exactly, you can't do anything if you can't see.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”
ISAIAH 41:10
673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Your response to an assailant would depend on the weapon they have.
A knife is the most practical for a defense to empty hand attack against you, but.......I was attacked with an axe..........so I grabbed what was handy and that was a shovel......I won........they went to the hospital and I went home.

Having a fundamental understanding of the "angles of evasion" and the clever use of your hands are where its at.
Knife.
Hands.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Cue ball in a sock!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
The Waco bikers had padlocks on a length of rope. Swinging it around like Wonder Woman.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by slumlord
hot grits

Hell yeah! Dat biotch hit him square in da face with a pot of hot grits!!!

Stuck on him like hot grits!!!

Death by hot grits!!!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
When I lived in KA I used a broken axe handle and left the head in my truck. That way if I had to use it I could claim I was needing a new handle and it wouldn't be considered a weapon.

I also, like a black jack!

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by sactoller
When I lived in KA I used a broken axe handle and left the head in my truck. That way if I had to use it I could claim I was needing a new handle and it wouldn't be considered a weapon.

I also, like a black jack!

I keep a short stick, otherwise known up here as a "paki whacker" in all of my vehicles, one at the front door and back door of my house, also one at the door of my shop, for the annoying visitor's that aren't welcome.

A short stick that won't easily break is an awesome weapon in the hands of the unskilled, but if one wants to be skilled slightly.....go down and take some Eskrima lessons from the Phillipino's....perfectly legal.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
All the fights I was ever in were over pretty quickly. Which is good, because if you've ever competed you know how fast a person in less than excellent condition wears out. Of you're old and slow you had better have it in your hand before the fight starts. You either get to hit first or second. First has much higher odds of success.

I tell people who don't like guns or fighting to get wasp spray.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Lead sap. But they're often more tightly regulated than guns are!.... if that is even a concern.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
A walking stick like the ones Cold Steel makes with a head knocker knob on the end.

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Kimber Pepper Blaster is pretty good. Points like a gun, 2 shots, range is 13 ft and shoots at over 100mph.

Kimber Pepper Blaster Review

[Linked Image from ]
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
If you can't carry a firearm, carry a knife.

That said, what the very vast majority of people need is training. Most people are grossly incompetent and are delusional if they think that they will suddenly have the skills to handle a younger stronger, skilled attacker/attackers.

I cannot tell you how many times over the course of carrying a gun for a living for decades I have had dudes square up/ bow up and say something to the effect of:

I am not going jail
I am not going back to prison
I am going to whup your ass
You aint man enough

Blah blah blah

only to find themselves being made into an asphalt angel and wondering what just happened.

It was not because I was bigger, or stronger.

It is simply because, much like shooting, lifting weights, running, or anything else, you have to actually develop skill sets and maintain them.

Martial skills require training and practice.

Men, primarily due to egos puff up. They cannot stand the reality check of someone either telling or showing them that they are grossly under prepared or incompetent and that their fantasies of sending the bad men scurrying like in the movies is simply not reality. Going and taking some Brazilian jiu-jitsu will humble you pretty quickly, especially when you are 200 pounds and a 140 pound dude whos 6"s shorter than you destroys you in 30 seconds.

My old partner was a serious BJJ practitioner and a little dude. He was quite advanced in the sport, and no matter how hard I tried, I could never get the upper hand on him. Neither could anyone else in my organization. He checked a lot of egos.

So before you go and buy a magic talisman and think that it will ward off evil, remember that there are over 3,000 BJJ gyms in the US alone and a BUNCH of mixed martial arts gyms that practice other forms. So relying on "Hope" as a strategy that your attackers will be weak and/or incompetent is foolish at best. Most attackers make a point of not attacking stronger opponents. They attack prey that they believe they can overpower/dominate.

Bottom line is you may want to consider doing something besides buying a stick and relying on hope.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They come with a warning no to fire within 2ft of your target. Anyone know why?

[Linked Image from ]
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I bought my daughter a monkey fist key chain. Basically a 1" steel ball wrapped into a paracord lanyard. Would hate to get my melon dinged with that!

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (260madman, 10gaugemag, 257 roberts, 19rabbit52, 204guy, 2500HD, 59 invisible), 2,301 guests, and 1,279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,500
Posts18,509,196
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.