Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
I found Ned Beatty's skivvies up Buther Hollar road once... I back out of there same way I came and had the finger on my trigger all the while...

Them boys don't do play...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wasn't hunting, but once found an expanded 30 caliber bullet partially embedded in an old decaying stump. I always wondered if it had passed through a deer before ending there.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
bcp Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Two interesting ones.

One was a 45-70, unmarked, folded-head case about 1/4 mile north of the Santa Fe RR, Canyon Diablo bridge in AZ. The other was a 308 case that had been fired in a 30-06, now a nearly straight-sided case, found in a gravel pit west of Flagstaff,AZ.

Bruce

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hunting way back in the woods one year and too a breather from the hills, looked down and there was an old gas cap to a stihl chainsaw. Those woods looked to have not been logged in over 50 years, stumps you could see were rotted to the ground. The cap fit my old 041 farmboss.

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by DANNYL
Hunting way back in the woods one year and too a breather from the hills, looked down and there was an old gas cap to a stihl chainsaw. Those woods looked to have not been logged in over 50 years, stumps you could see were rotted to the ground. The cap fit my old 041 farmboss.

I had some of your syrup just yesterday... Man-O-Man that stuff is good.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by skeen
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Some of other random finds too. An old mining claim from the 1950's.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

That is cool. Did you open it?

I did a while later after I made sure the mining claim was no longer active. A fire had melted the jar lip a bit so I couldn't unscrew it. I broke it open and the paper was too brittle to really do much with. I could ascertain the date and some of the cadastral info. That was about it. I am unsure what minerals they were after.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Dove hunting w dad one afternoon I found a pretty clean 1931 Winchester Mdl 12 leaned up against a tree on the edge of the field we were hunting.
We asked the land owner if he’d given anyone else permission to hunt there he said “no”

Still have it in the safe

Your mind is your primary weapon. Never let it get rusty.

Endowment Member NRA
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by HTDUCK
Dove hunting w dad one afternoon I found a pretty clean 1931 Winchester Mdl 12 leaned up against a tree on the edge of the field we were hunting.
We asked the land owner if he’d given anyone else permission to hunt there he said “no”

Can you tell me where you found it and when? It’s probably mine.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Ive found a lot of old brass while out hunting. The coolest was probably an old 300 Savage case made by Western way off in the middle of nowhere, and an 8mm mag. Just don't see those around...

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Found an 81mm mortar round with two friends. It was just lying in the California desert, out in the open, far from any gunnery range. I detonated it from about 200 yards with a 6mm Remington. From the way it smoked and fizzed, we concluded it was a practice round, not HE.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
IC B3

J
Judman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J

Damn man

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
LAW rocket launcher

Found it while we were doing the ‘stand by me’ hike down the railroad tracks.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Found a military aircraft ejection seat in the desert near Dateland, AZ in 1987.

Haul ass, haul ass! - Pappy
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I've found a few over the years but don't remember what they were.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

Originally Posted by Pharmseller

On private ground north of Lewisville Lake Corp property in what is now within the city limit of Little Elm Tx.
Had to have been Sep of 82 cause I was home on leave for the dove opener

Your mind is your primary weapon. Never let it get rusty.

Endowment Member NRA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Outdoor grow show complete with irrigation

N
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
N
Cool thread as I was just thinking about a 32 Winchester case i found in SE Idaho way off the beaten path. I was a couple of miles from the road on some of the steepest ground on earth hunting deer and was following a game trail into a draw when I found it. I’ve always wondered if the hunter got what he was shooting at.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

Originally Posted by Pharmseller

On private ground north of Lewisville Lake Corp property in what is now within the city limit of Little Elm Tx.
Had to have been Sep of 82 cause I was home on leave for the dove opener

You’re exactly right, that’s where I lost it and when.

I’d like it back now, please.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
J
Judman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Nestucca
Cool thread as I was just thinking about a 32 Winchester case i found in SE Idaho way off the beaten path. I was a couple of miles from the road on some of the steepest ground on earth hunting deer and was following a game trail into a draw when I found it. I’ve always wondered if the hunter got what he was shooting at.

Wow just think of the chances of finding that!

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I was hunting Antelope in Arizona and I heard a bunch of yelling and shooting.I looked over the top of a nearby hill and saw a bunch of dead Mexicans around pickup trucks.I went down to take a look see and there was a chit load of wrapped up nose candy.Then I found a satchel of C notes and another pickup with a half dead Mex in it.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

638 members (160user, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 66 invisible), 2,981 guests, and 1,304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,849
Posts18,478,447
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.