Print Thread
Hop To
Page 23 of 72 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 71 72
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Because we could all be in a similar situation.

No I would have left when asked. Or waited for the kid to be delivered. His temper and impatience got him killed.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I watched the video again, IMO he didn’t give the guy much chance to leave. The fact the dead guy kept talking about doing things in court suggests he viewed that as his fix rather than resorting to assault or violence. IMO it looks like the women has been a problem. This is always overlooked. I think if the real story was told the women/mother is the root of the problem.

This touches on a couple issues with the rittenhouse case. 1) don’t mess with armed people. Even if armed yourself it’s best to leave or runaway if you can. The other is provocation. They tried to say rittenhouse provoked the attack. If you provoke it’s not self defense anymore. So the question is did the armed guy provoke the attack. I could see how potentially a case could be made for that. There wasn’t an altercation until little guy got mouthy and showed a gun.

I would like to see little guy do some jail time. But I am not sure if there is a legal case for it. I would also like the mother investigated. If she withheld the kids on purpose she should lose custody.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

It’s never a bad idea to learn from the mistakes of the foolish.

The biggest takeaway as far as I’m concerned is that if a pussy confronts you with a firearm don’t make a half assed attempt at disarming him. Follow through and take the firearm from the pussy.

Yep

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rickt300

No I would have left when asked. Or waited for the kid to be delivered. His temper and impatience got him killed.

It did, but that doesn’t make it legal or right.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

It’s never a bad idea to learn from the mistakes of the foolish.

The biggest takeaway as far as I’m concerned is that if a pussy confronts you with a firearm don’t make a half assed attempt at disarming him. Follow through and take the firearm from the pussy.

Weird that he dared the guy to shoot him. Idiots both. As for me I don't give a schit either way. I just like to argue. However I bet the shooter walks.

Dog I rescued in January

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by plainsman456
You saying little man should have just taken the beating like everyone gets sometimes? whistle

There was no indication that little man or his GF causing the problems was about to take a beating. It was the father that called the police. No reason to get a firearm out in that situation. Have it ready inside the home okay but walking out on the porch with it made a bad situation worse with tragic results. Just because you can do something doesn’t mean you should. The finer points of law and being a designated spot for the dad to pick up his son and have a right to be their until the mom exchanges custody or law enforcement arrived IDK. There wasn’t a threat until BF brought a gun out over his idiot GF.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
It’s all good….besides we’re all just making a SWAG anyway. 😁

I figure there’s enough bullshit for me to get worked up over…..this doesn’t make the cut.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

I figure there’s enough bullshit for me to get worked up over…..this doesn’t make the cut.

Well I sure stirred up some of the schitheads!

Dog I rescued in January

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You’re probably just a 5’4” pussy too.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by Muffin
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Trying to understand why everyone is grounding their feet on this.
We know almost nothing.

Except.
It was a D-I-V-O-R-C-E. Messssyyyyyy!
And kind of a Triangle.
One guy was a hot head. And stupid
The other, makes stupid choices.
The female, likes to escalate things.

Given that info and cast.
One could write 10 movies with different plots leading to death.

I know a kids dad was killed without the killer having gone indoors, locked the door and called the cops.

And if he had done that and dead dad had punched the ex. everyone would be calling him a puzzy and not being a man!!!!!

That justifies killing a kids dad?

Then the charge would have been against the dad, wouldnt it?

Why would she be out there instead of indoors and calling the cops?

Why didnt she have the kid ready to go with his dad?

Answer to both questions? Being a no good recalcitrant, hard headed, my way or the highway biotch.

She could have been just a stupid bitch. Lots of them out there. As for not having the kid ready to go and causing the incident that got Read killed stupid bitches are dangerous.

And sometimes deadly.

Sounds to me like she was playing games with baby daddy's head to bait him.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Don't you live in Texas?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

Hah! Nope. Schithead are you calling him a pussy because he was short or because he killed a guy he didn't have to? Could it be a short guy issue? This could have been a setup to kill Read. We don't know do we.

Dog I rescued in January

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by deflave

Don't you live in Texas?

Dammit Deflave WTH does Texas have to do with it? People shoot each other all the time in Florida.

Dog I rescued in January

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Dude was set up from the get with forethought and probably recent searches on puter about castle law.
Not that castle law is a bad thing at all.
Kids not home for a reason.
Mom had alot to do with build up beforehand for sure.
She probably does ATM...
God bless her...

Castle law might cover the shrimp.
But an awful lotta history and what not behind it all also.

I probably would have shot the guy too.

Teal colored shirt...
Semi skinny jeans...
Sneakers....
🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Fashion disaster.......

Last edited by renegade50; 11/27/21.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Don't you live in Texas?

I do. But it doesn’t mean I’d kill someone that didn’t deserve it.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Cheyenne

I don't know Texas law, and I certainly agree that dad clearly advanced on the shooter, threatened to take the weapon away from the shooter, and even attempted to take it. What I am wondering is whether Texas law authorizes a home occupant to point a firearm at a verbally irate person who does not leave his property upon the home occupant's request, because the issue of who is the aggressor could be determined based on that point rather than at the point where dad goes after the shooter. If home occupant was legally justified to point the gun, dad was the aggressor. If not, home occupant may be considered the initial aggressor for pointing the gun (ordinarily considered aggravated assault unless justifiable) and dad may have a right of self-defense which could include taking the gun away. (Dad did not step on the porch until after home occupant swung the rifle past dad.) I also agree that, at least around here, these cases are hard to get a conviction on an intentional homicide charge.

You must have better eyes or be watching a different video than I watched.

Let's look at this in the abstract before going to the specific. If anyone posting on this thread was standing in a public place where they had the right to be in the same proximity to the shooter and the shooter in this case did exactly what the shooter did when he walked out holding a rifle and swung it the way the shooter did, could not a person reasonably believe that they were in imminent fear of being killed or suffering serious bodily injury at the hands of a person armed with a deadly weapon?

Turning to specifics, I thought from looking at the video that the shooter moved the gun forward in a manner that it appeared to sweep dad. I could be wrong on that. But, actual sweeping or pointing may not be necessary (see prior paragraph), and my point of view from stepmom's camera anyway doesn't count. It depends on what dad saw and reasonably believed. This is a situation where "dead men tell no tales" benefits the shooter. But, as I noted earlier, we don't even have to discuss this point if Texas law allows you to threaten to use deadly force on an irate person who wont back off the dirt patch in front of your residence after being requested to do so. It appears that many Texans posting on this thread think that it is totally lawful to do so, which, if true, makes this is a lawful shooting.

One of them was going to get a Darwin award anyway, and dad was the winner here.

That’s the thing. You DON’T have this “right” in Texas:

“But, as I noted earlier, we don't even have to discuss this point if Texas law allows you to threaten to use deadly force on an irate person who wont back off the dirt patch in front of your residence after being requested to do so. It appears that many Texans posting on this thread think that it is totally lawful to do so, which, if true, makes this is a lawful shooting.”

Irate (verbally loud), and po’ed because you won’t give him his kid, is not the same as a “imminent threat to life/safety”. Mom and boyfriend probably shouldn’t have gone outside. Boyfriend was back INSIDE (to retrieve gun), and thus “safe” (unless Dad made an attempt to enter house). Unless there was a reason to be concerned about the life/safety of MOM (I didn’t see her run, or try to go inside, or Dad make any threats of VIOLENCE to her), then boyfriend had NO legal justification for bringing a gun into it..

Lotsa stupid to go around here, but stupidity is not (always) a legal justification for shooting someone.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
[quote=renegade50]Dude was set up from the get with forethought and probably recent searches on puter about castle law.
Not that castle law is a bad thing at all.
Kids not home for a reason.
Mom had alot to do with build up beforehand for sure.
She probably does ATM...
God bless her...

Castle law might cover the shrimp.
But an awful lotta history and what not behind it all also.

I probably would have shot the guy too.

Teal colored [bleep]
Semi skinny jeans
Sneakers.
🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Fashion disaster.......

[/quote

Ha Ha now that's funny. I wouldn't have shot him because he wouldn't have pushed me like he did the little guy. I would bet he would have left if I had told him to. Wonder if the guys outfit are what have Sandbilly all worked up?

Dog I rescued in January

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Hah! Nope. Schithead are you calling him a pussy because he was short or because he killed a guy he didn't have to? Could it be a short guy issue? This could have been a setup to kill Read. We don't know do we.

Nah, i called you a pussy.

Pussy

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by plainsman456
You saying little man should have just taken the beating like everyone gets sometimes? whistle

It would seem that many here think it is OK to snuff some turd for trespassing. Killing to prevent an azzwhuppin' is an even more complex decision.

In what jurisdiction is lethal force justified when 2 persons are in disagreement and there is no disparity between the 2 in ability to project or defend against physical violence?

Shoot first, think later, never take a brain to a gunfight! LOL. The CF legal beagles never disappoint.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by fburgtx

I don't know Texas law, and I certainly agree that dad clearly advanced on the shooter, threatened to take the weapon away from the shooter, and even attempted to take it. What I am wondering is whether Texas law authorizes a home occupant to point a firearm at a verbally irate person who does not leave his property upon the home occupant's request, because the issue of who is the aggressor could be determined based on that point rather than at the point where dad goes after the shooter. If home occupant was legally justified to point the gun, dad was the aggressor. If not, home occupant may be considered the initial aggressor for pointing the gun (ordinarily considered aggravated assault unless justifiable) and dad may have a right of self-defense which could include taking the gun away. (Dad did not step on the porch until after home occupant swung the rifle past dad.) I also agree that, at least around here, these cases are hard to get a conviction on an intentional homicide charge.

You must have better eyes or be watching a different video than I watched.

Let's look at this in the abstract before going to the specific. If anyone posting on this thread was standing in a public place where they had the right to be in the same proximity to the shooter and the shooter in this case did exactly what the shooter did when he walked out holding a rifle and swung it the way the shooter did, could not a person reasonably believe that they were in imminent fear of being killed or suffering serious bodily injury at the hands of a person armed with a deadly weapon?

Turning to specifics, I thought from looking at the video that the shooter moved the gun forward in a manner that it appeared to sweep dad. I could be wrong on that. But, actual sweeping or pointing may not be necessary (see prior paragraph), and my point of view from stepmom's camera anyway doesn't count. It depends on what dad saw and reasonably believed. This is a situation where "dead men tell no tales" benefits the shooter. But, as I noted earlier, we don't even have to discuss this point if Texas law allows you to threaten to use deadly force on an irate person who wont back off the dirt patch in front of your residence after being requested to do so. It appears that many Texans posting on this thread think that it is totally lawful to do so, which, if true, makes this is a lawful shooting.

One of them was going to get a Darwin award anyway, and dad was the winner here.

That’s the thing. You DON’T have this “right” in Texas:

“But, as I noted earlier, we don't even have to discuss this point if Texas law allows you to threaten to use deadly force on an irate person who wont back off the dirt patch in front of your residence after being requested to do so. It appears that many Texans posting on this thread think that it is totally lawful to do so, which, if true, makes this is a lawful shooting.”

Irate (verbally loud), and po’ed because you won’t give him his kid, is not the same as a “imminent threat to life/safety”. Mom and boyfriend shouldn’t have gone outside. Boyfriend was back INSIDE, and thus “safe” (unless Dad made an attempt to enter house). Unless there was a reason to be concerned about the life/safety of MOM (I didn’t see her run, or try to go inside, or Dad make any threats of VIOLENCE to her), then boyfriend had NO legal justification for bringing a gun into it..

Lotsa stupid to go around here, but stupidity is not (always) a legal justification for shooting someone.

Dressed like he was he had to be a Biden voter.......

Dog I rescued in January

Page 23 of 72 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 71 72

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 10ring1, 66 invisible), 2,985 guests, and 1,257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,491
Posts18,471,930
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.