Judman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Cool stories and finds guys. 👍

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
some of the same as above. cartridge cases, lots of mylar balloons (often you can see them reflecting the sun hundreds of yards away, I try to check them and see if there's a letter attached, maybe from some 3rd grade class 1500 miles away..... )

I'm surprised no one said arrows, (modern archery hunting arrows) I've got 5 or 6 lying around that I picked up over the years. Horseshoes, a few of those.

I've found a few places here in AZ where the ground is littered with pottery shards.

My father found a pair of 1800's era Field Glasses (like binoculars but earlier technology), he tried to restore them, but one objective lens is eroded pretty bad, I still have them.

One guy I hunt with found the radiosond part of a weather balloon once.

In another state decades ago, I found the military base ID card of a dependent kid, and a bone (probably deer) nearby, but the combination was spooky, I mailed the card back to the base just in case they had an open missing person investigation, never heard back, so it was probably just dropped on a hiking trip or something....

I'm sure there are other things I've forgotten about...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by David_Walter
Sat down on a rock near US Creek outside of Fairbanks to look for caribou.

I remember thinking “this is remote. I’ll bet I’m the first person to ever sit here.”

Then looked down and found two spent 30-06 cases in the dirt.

Still have one.

I drove past the US Creek turnoff a couple of hours ago. Lots of caribou hunters parked there but I didn't see anything in their sleds.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Found a bloody Buck 110 folder on a two track leading away from Saginaw Bay.

Nestled in some extinct sand dunes north of Wycamp Lake, Emmet County were a pile of Coleman fuel gallon cans, aluminum foil and a bunch of other debris. Found out later that it was a woodland drug lab. Not far from where some squatters had set up next to an artesian well at a state forest campground. LE evicted them when they became an attractive nuisance for local teenagers.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Tag

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I found the work of a shrike while chukar hunting in Idaho a few years ago.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
While working my way into a narrow Missouri Break, I came across a horse skeleton. A snaffle bit was still in its mouth, no bridal leather, two rosettes and other bridal hardware. Saddle tree and stirrup wood and some hardware, 4 horseshoes. Corroded belt buckle. Fence staples and fencing pliers.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by roundoak
While working my way into a narrow Missouri Break, I came across a horse skeleton. A snaffle bit was still in its mouth, no bridal leather, two rosettes and other bridal hardware. Saddle tree and stirrup wood and some hardware, 4 horseshoes. Corroded belt buckle. Fence staples and fencing pliers.

That would spook me some.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Many years ago there was a thread about things found in the woods. Someone posted about finding a tree in the middle of nowhere with naked barbie dolls tied into it in various creepy poses.

$$$ TRUMP AT THE PUMP 2024 $$$
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Following dots……
Until I can remember what I’ve found.

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

That might be a bit suspicious….it would make my alert go from yellow to Orange. 😬

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Judman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J

Damn…

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by lvmiker
I was looking for Antelope east of Cody, WY. and found several refrigerators buried door side up and flush to the ground. They were on a line of hills above a 2 track that paralleled the Greybull hwy. I can only guess about their purpose.

mike r

lvmiker;
Good evening to you sir, I hope the Thanksgiving weekend has been a good one for you all so far.

Thanks for the story, it twigged a memory that'd been misplaced somehow until I read it.

I was wondering off the usual trails we'd go on Carly the Appy one fall day when I saw the same thing - only one refrigerator or freezer though - that'd been buried and covered with brush. From on the tall horse I saw it, but wasn't sure I'd have seen it on the ground.

Anyways I assumed it was some of the local grow op guys storing weed as it wasn't legal back then - this would have been maybe '95 or so?

While I did have a 94 sitting comfortably under my left leg, I had no desire to get into any sort of social discussion with a grow op tender - if that's what it was - so I just nudged Carly into a lope and we left the area.

Again I don't know what was in it, but somebody had gone through a bunch of bother burying that thing that far back in the BC mountains.

Thanks for twigging the memory and all the best.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 11/27/21.

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Judman

Damn…

That would make a cool euro mount.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Recently.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by sawbuck
Many years ago there was a thread about things found in the woods. Someone posted about finding a tree in the middle of nowhere with naked barbie dolls tied into it in various creepy poses.

No SAC was here engraving?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Judman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Recently.

Boy it’s a dry sumbitch over there Sam

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by sawbuck

Sounds like renegade50 and slumlord chasing deer away from the neighbor's fenceline stand.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Jud, the country side is a little nervous.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Gettin' old here fellas.

remembered something cool I found a while back, hunting grouse in WA. Couldn't remember where the pics were, then forgot what it was altogether.

Just jogged my memory. It was near a Wilderness Survival School bordering a National Forest. Went to pinch a loaf, looked over at a tree while I was busy and saw a paracord coming down from a branch about 3' up in the air. Got my work done, went over and checked it out.

It was a dang snare set up, rock on one end, cord through a smooth buckle like from a pack or something so the line would run freely, and on the other end was a small wire snare, maybe big enough for a squirrel or such. I'll see if I can find the pics.

In it is contentment

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (1minute, 1234, 117LBS, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 59 invisible), 2,496 guests, and 1,279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,874
Posts18,518,082
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.