Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 15 16
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
This [bleep] will never end until we bring back violence to our schools.

And I am not talking about you fugging Boomers spanky paddle fantasies.

Back when kids could beat each other up...the bullying was self limiting.

Now bullies are protected and all you can do is kill yourself or others.

Bring back fighting.

With this I can agree.

Used to be a kid get bullied, dad or older bro or someone would take him aside and teach him fisticuffs, or tell him if they are hitting him to pick up a 2x4 or brick and put an end to that crap.

Or the kid obtained a "my Bodyguard" in some manner.

Or the kid went home and studied a bunch, went to college, made a bunch of money and watched the bully work at the local convenience store the until he got caught with his hand in the till and then it was jail time for him (more jail time??)

Like my wife at her HS, the worse at mine was probably someone getting cut. That was always an option when outnumbered and bullied. No one ever felt the need to bring the pistol on the top shelf of the closet, or the old man's shotgun/'06 leaning in the coat closet.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Y’all done went and pissed Geno off!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Read this stuff to realize who are part of the problem. Ethan, Rock something and a few others would completely disagree with Jim Conrad

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/12642908/9

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SandBilly

It’s good for Geno to get fired up, once in awhile....Keeps his heart rate up.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Remsen
This [bleep] will never end until we bring back violence to our schools.

And I am not talking about you fugging Boomers spanky paddle fantasies.

Back when kids could beat each other up...the bullying was self limiting.

Now bullies are protected and all you can do is kill yourself or others.

Bring back fighting.

While I grew up in an urban area, my cousins grew up in the country (Yuba City, CA, specifically) and I would visit them every few months. One of the things I vividly recall is the parking lot at the high school my older cousin attended. Every car/truck in the parking lot had a rifle rack and most of them had a rifle/shotgun sitting in there. My cousins used to take off from school with their friends to go hunting (mostly duck and pheasant, sometimes deer) and it was never considered anything but normal.

There also wasn't ever a school shooting, and had there been, I suspect the shooter would have been stopped about as fast as it took for students to get to their vehicles and return fire.

Now, you can't even use your finger and thumb to imitate a gun on campus, let alone have a weapon, and there is more violence than ever before.

It's pretty dang clear what happened.

OH NO.

you mean to tell me there was members of your Tribe in Yuba City? cool

And yes, even in SoCal, the outlying areas had places kids would take .22s and bows and arrows and go "hunting" on the still undeveloped edges of the burbs.

Heck, as late as 2007, in Juneau AK, I stopped at a light near the channel/harbor to let two HS kids cross with shotguns and their dog during duck season. The Horror! Kids with guns.

Wish I had a solution to this mess nowadays, but I'm thinking Conrad's idea is worth a try. Maybe bring back boxing and such in schools and make it mandatory for ALL?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Geno...like Beaver said...the kids can't get away from the BS anymore.

It's cumulative I believe.

Now there is no way to let the pressure off until it's too late.

I am MAGA.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
So, have they figured out if the kid is black, white, mixed, Slobbovian, trans or q ueer yet? Maybe it's the space alien from "American Dad"?

Honestly,

What f'n difference does it make. Whatever "he/she/it/they" were.

If you were a parent there, or your kid a student, would you honestly give a scheidt if the kid was "white" and blame it on "whiteness", too many rich dinners and such?

If the kid turns out to be "Latino", do you blame it on their Mexicanness? Not enough rich meals, too many bean and rice burritos?

If they were Slobbovian..........too much sauerkraut and mom and dad drink too much vodka?

Oh no, it's a black kid.............must be their culture. And he didn't have the right tennis shoes like the rich kids.

Sheesh.

To the average person it does not matter, he is a piece of excrement no matter race, creed, or religion. There is no punishment severe enough.

it does make a difference in how it is handled by the media. It will be interesting to compare coverage of this shooting over the week to the same time period of the shooting in Arlington by the black kid. Remember him, the one with the 75,000 bail and family held a party. In all fairness nobody died in that one.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by SandBilly

It’s good for Geno to get fired up, once in awhile....Keeps his heart rate up.

🦫

GD right bros.

Good thing I never had kids, they would have stopped bullies in their tracks and I'd have been bailing them out of detention or jail.

And they'd probably be doing the same for their kids.

They sometimes didn't like Old School Geno at workplaces either. Not "woke" enough I guess. Mentioning to the bosses that they should "Tell them fugger to do their damn jobs" didn't always go over well. They'd have to offer retraining, or counseling or some schiedt first.

In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Geno...like Beaver said...the kids can't get away from the BS anymore.

It's cumulative I believe.

Now there is no way to let the pressure off until it's too late.

Yeah, I'd hate to have to send kids to school nowadays.

That social media pressure sucks too. Good thing there's none of that on the Campfire.

In it is contentment

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
On tv now, he's white.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by wytex
White boy, guess we don't have many clairvoyants on here after all.

I said right off it was probably those nasty Swedes again. 😜

Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Was it them nasty ole Swede’s again ? 😜

Last edited by chlinstructor; 12/01/21.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
OMG,

he's gonna make our whole race look bad now.

In it is contentment

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Considering the black drop out rate, a sophomore doing the shooting would pretty well point to some other race

Last edited by hookeye; 12/01/21.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
He just added another straw of white guilt
Gonna break the honkey camel back pretty soon.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Waiting on the FBI to announce "he was on our radar but we didn't do nuttin"

Originally Posted by NBC
The suspected shooter, Ethan Crumbley, 15, was charged Wednesday with four counts of first-degree murder, one count of terrorism causing death, seven counts of assault with intent to murder, and 12 counts of possession of a firearm in the commission of a felony.
He's being charged as an adult and will be arraigned later Wednesday, Oakland County Prosecutor Karen McDonald said at a news conference.
McDonald said that Tuesday's shooting at Oxford High School was "not just an impulsive act" and was planned.

"There is a mountain of digital evidence — videotape, social media, all digital evidence possible — and it absolutely, we are confident that we can show it was premeditation," she told reporters.

The charges came shortly after authorities announced that the fourth victim had died

Originally Posted by Oxford High School
We are aware of the numerous rumors that have been circulating throughout our building this week.

Student interpretations of social media posts and false information have exacerbated the overall concern. We want our parents and students to know there has been no threat to our building nor our students.

Parkland shooting families reach $127.5m settlement over FBI inaction

Tue 23 Nov 2021
The families of most of those killed and wounded in the high school shooting in Parkland, Florida, in February 2018 have reached a multi-million dollar settlement with the US government over the FBI’s failure to stop the gunman, even though it was told he intended to attack.

Attorneys for families of 16 of the 17 people killed at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School and some of those wounded said they had reached a settlement over the failure to investigate a tip a month before the massacre.
About five weeks before the 14 February shooting, an FBI tip line received a call saying a former Stoneman Douglas student, Nikolas Cruz, had bought guns and planned to “slip into a school and start shooting the place up”.

“I know he’s going to explode,” the caller told the FBI.

The plea hearing came in the same week the Broward school district agreed to a $25m settlement with the families of those killed, 16 of the injured and more than a dozen others who were traumatized.

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Crumbley’s house has decent looking T1-11. The porch steps, railing and barge boards could use a sanding and some paint.

Anyone want to donate their time or financial resources to help them in their time of need ?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

LOL

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Why? Why? Why... who gives a f why. All that matters is who did it and when will the gallows be free for the next customer. Grind that crap in to fertilizer or fish food, NEVER to have their name said aloud again.

""Mute the Greeniacs. Open the pipeline. Bury the Russians." - JPR - 2022
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
While I emphatically decry the actions of the shooter, I cannot abide bullies. They are what is holding up the whale tschidt at the bottom of the ocean. I cannot fathom what pleasure they get from tormenting another person.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
So, have they figured out if the kid is black, white, mixed, Slobbovian, trans or q ueer yet? Maybe it's the space alien from "American Dad"?

Honestly,

What f'n difference does it make. Whatever "he/she/it/they" were.

If you were a parent there, or your kid a student, would you honestly give a scheidt if the kid was "white" and blame it on "whiteness", too many rich dinners and such?

If the kid turns out to be "Latino", do you blame it on their Mexicanness? Not enough rich meals, too many bean and rice burritos?

If they were Slobbovian..........too much sauerkraut and mom and dad drink too much vodka?

Oh no, it's a black kid.............must be their culture. And he didn't have the right tennis shoes like the rich kids.

Sheesh.

lol

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by 5sdad
While I emphatically decry the actions of the shooter, I cannot abide bullies. They are what is holding up the whale tschidt at the bottom of the ocean. I cannot fathom what pleasure they get from tormenting another person.

Butting heads, some playground fights, working stuff out how boys should work stuff out.

Page 5 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 1234, 01Foreman400, 57 invisible), 2,404 guests, and 1,217 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,412
Posts18,489,030
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.