laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That must be it. Lord knows I seldom see a Deer anymore

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Didn't do any sunrise shots this year, but yeah......

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

FJB & FJT
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It is at those fleeting, beautiful, utterly connected and simplified color filled moments I become compelled to express thanks to my Lord.

For non-believers that is not a knock on you. I think all recognize it as a gift of one sort and cannot fail to appreciate the moment. For me , it is a personal thing best described as a sort of loving reassurance.

A very good and strong core feeling that lets all the daily debris fall silently away.

Good photos my friends.

Edit* JG I did not see your post till after I entered this- Cannot say it better than Psalms.

Last edited by kenjs1; 12/02/21.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Sometimes I feel sorry for the poor suckers that don't hunt. They have no idea what they're missing.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by skeen
No, I didn't pull the trigger on a Booner today, nor even the basket-rack 10 pointer that likes to pose broadside.

But seeing the sunset this evening level set my reasoning for being an outdoorsman. The picture doesn't do it justice.

Yes, yes it is

SPK Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Outstanding pics....thanks to all of you for sharing!

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
i have hunted all my life age 10 - 68 so far ,all my generations of family have hunted its in my blood i guess ? so when someone said they did not hunt when i was young i thought they were weird ,at a young age i never understood why people did not hunt and to be honest i kinda still don`t at my age 68? i have lived my whole life fishin , shoot`n guns and bows, reloading ammo ,building arrows ,and hunting. in my family and myself Minnesota rifle deer season opener is a holiday always , matter fact the towns by the Canadian border where i hunt in Minnesota they don`t have school the opener weekend Monday of the deer season these schools tried but found out kids up there go deer hunting that Monday of opener weekend. funerals ,party`s and even weddings sooner or later of that day it all comes down to talking about deer season ,deer pictures. many times at a funeral stories come out about how big a buck the person had shot in their lifetime or how many deer shot while he or she was alive or their last year they were able to hunt . and who gets the rifle ? now my 10 year old grandson hunts with us ,he got to skip school Monday and go north with us, grandson hunted too and wanted to stay longer. sure i may have shot some nice bucks and bulls in my life time , but when my 10 year old grandson shot that doe deer with my rifle i was a little nervous but i knew i got a another family deer hunter and you can bet that young boy will be skip`n Monday of opener and hopefully still sitting with me. grandson also said next year he wants his own rifle that don`t kick so much like grandpa`s rifle , but when those deer did come out grandson looked at me and said i don`t care how big that gun is he`s shoot`n, so doe went done , grandson went backwards ,rifle barrel went in the air but the boy hung on to the rifle and some how seen the deer go done too . was funny even his dad my son -in-law and uncle my son all had a laugh when grandson told the story. that` why we hunt its a family thing for us. I have the picture of grandson with his doe deer i am more proud of that picture than any animal a ever have killed , grandson`s grin/smile show`s why we hunt.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I've always considered hunting just another part of my rural/country lifestyle to gather my yearly meat supply. Just as I consider harvesting our garden crops, apples, berries and firewood a part of our lifestyle. Doesn't mean I don't enjoy hunting and I surely do but it's never been about "trophies" as much as harvesting meat for me.

IC B3

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Love the photos, love sunrises too.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

GR

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by New_2_99s

Makes my nuts crawl up inside of me!!

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I have to hunt is why I hunt. I have no choice in it.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I also hunt to kill and feed my family. If I'm hunting, I'm hunting.

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Hunting with my old man as a kid and the things he told me as far as where to hunt took a long time to ring home I was on my own mission but the older I got the more it made sense and I’m now teaching and showing my own kids the ways of him in the same spots

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Last edited by ribka; 12/02/21.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Psalm 19
1 The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. 2 Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they reveal knowledge. 3 They have no speech, they use no words; no sound is heard from them. 4 Yet their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world. In the heavens God has pitched a tent for the sun.

👍👍👍
edit: That’s where “Be still and know that I am God” comes in.

Last edited by shootem; 12/02/21.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by skeen
No, I didn't pull the trigger on a Booner today, nor even the basket-rack 10 pointer that likes to pose broadside.

But seeing the sunset this evening level set my reasoning for being an outdoorsman. The picture doesn't do it justice.

That’s a beaut Skeen. It’s too special to explain when the light starts to leave and the land goes quiet.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I really enjoy the views, great pics.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

519 members (1minute, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1eyedmule, 65 invisible), 2,684 guests, and 1,289 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,203
Posts18,503,734
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.