Print Thread
Hop To
Page 25 of 25 1 2 23 24 25
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Jeeze, Sherm - let me split the hairs for you.

You are NOT denied ACCESS during BG season. You are denied the PRIVELEDGE (it's not a right!) of hunting , OR THE USE OF THE GAME. Via state regulation, which is "granted" to them by the Fed Agencies. In theory. The state regulations also, for the most part, govern game harvest on PRIVATE lands. The access to same remains in control of the private land owners.

Access to the land, and the uses on it are different. No one can hunt (or do a number of other things) in National Parks, remember- and that's about as Public Land as it gets. It is what it is.

here is another- Anyone can cross a public road- but if you want to drive on it.... access is not the same as whatever you want to do on it. Try building dams, or roads, or timber harvest, or mining willy-nilly on "public lands" federal or state, as a private citizen. It's all regulated, often denied. Nor can you fish without a license, (except in National Parks, I think - I could be wrong and the states regulate that too). Use on/of private lands (EPA) is often beyond the private owner's control also.

You want AFU? Our Alaska Statehood Act mandated game management to State control. Then the Natives whined and the Feds absconded with game management on Federally controlled (not owned, by the way), Public lands for "subsistence" use. Which I have taken advantage of, tho I don't agree with it.

STATES should control their game management policies. In Alaska, guides or relatives (yes- at the behest/influence and best interests of the guides) are required for NR sheep and goat hunting - no other species. I don't agree with it, but political influence via cash campaign payments wins. One still has to follow the state game regulations.

Quit... you aren't going to win this one.

Last edited by las; 05/03/22.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Las, Brown bear and Grizzly require a guide. Doesn’t muskox too?

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Musk ox does not, but the areas with hunts would be next to impossible to hunt without one, especially Nunavik.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
And outfitters thanks to Hank found a,work around and they are just getting started

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Backroads
WYOGA is the driving force behind that NR wilderness rule, and every outfitter and guide association would be for it in a heartbeat.

Moga spent alot of money fighting against I-161 here, thankfully the voters saw through their B

And the moga found aroute around 161that gave them back the tags they lost thanks to Hank and

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Musk ox does not, but the areas with hunts would be next to impossible to hunt without one, especially Nunavik.

Thanks T. 👍

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Below is a paste from an article on Meat Eater about this case.

"The Road Ahead
A separate civil lawsuit brought by Eshelman against the hunters was transferred from state to federal court. It remains possible a favorable ruling on that case could address the underlying legal questions surrounding private control of the airspace as well as the legality of blocking the American public from lands they own as citizens. Attorneys for the defendants have suggested they will argue that the Unlawful Inclosures Act of 1885 makes it illegal to prevent anyone from otherwise lawfully accessing public land.

A civil trespass suit must show nominal damage from the event in question. This leaves many to wonder how the Missourians’ shoulders passing briefly through the outer inches of the millionaire’s 20,000-acre ranch could have physically or financially harmed him, even if the standard for nominal damage doesn't require any substantive loss or impact to be met. With that said, the event might have weakened his control of the thousands of acres of federal public lands he claims exclusive access into. The judge may choose to simply dismiss the case based on that reality."

That rich A-Hole who owns the adjacent land seems to view that public land as his own for which he has exclusive access...The hunters were served a separate summons just after being found not guilty, to reappear for a similar corner crossing charge from 2020. IMO these cases are insane, and at what point do the hunters sue Eshelman? They are being harassed unjustly IMO by both Eshelman and those local Wyoming civil servants.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
As an outsider looking in I’ve been following this with some interest. I had never heard about this until recently while reading about it here. It would seem like the easiest way to handle it would be for the state to use eminent domain and buy a small egress from the private property owners at the corners.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I can't believe the statute of limitations on an alleged trespass from 2020 hasn't elapsed. christ for anything other than certain felonies here we only have a year to charge someone

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
see how long the rancher can keep tying this up in court
sounds like donald trump was his coach on this

IC B3

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Perhaps in addition to Unlawful Inclosures Act of 1885 civil easement regulations could be deployed to grant access.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gitem_12
I can't believe the statute of limitations on an alleged trespass from 2020 hasn't elapsed. christ for anything other than certain felonies here we only have a year to charge someone

Wyoming has no statute of limitations for criminal violations. Crazy.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Page 25 of 25 1 2 23 24 25

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

500 members (17CalFan, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 01Foreman400, 1minute, 06hunter59, 57 invisible), 2,452 guests, and 1,272 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,551
Posts18,472,973
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.