Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
Originally Posted by sparkman10mm
They were a 1/4 mile from Canada

More poor decision making…
Canada would've sent them right back.

They'd never have cleared customs...

I doubt they were going to enter via a controlled border access.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
I think that a homicide conviction that involves the use of a firearm should carry a mandatory death penalty regardless of the age of the convicted shooter.

Further, I think that the execution should be open to public viewing by anyone 18 or older, that the method of execution should be hanging, and that it should take place within the zip code where the crime occurred..

I like your idea !!

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
Originally Posted by sparkman10mm
They were a 1/4 mile from Canada

More poor decision making…
Canada would've sent them right back.

They'd never have cleared customs...

I doubt they were going to enter via a controlled border access.
Kinda cold to be swimming. I've spent quite a lot of time along that stretch of the river and there's always Detroit PD, RCMP, Sheriff Dept, USCG and CBP boats patrolling. I've also seen USCG and CDOT aircraft. The DPD Harbormaster HQ and 2 USCG bases (Mt Elliott and Belle Isle) are within two miles of where they were caught. Nah, they were clueless idiots.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SandBilly
I don’t have sympathy for them, but i bet he does.

Doubtful, his parents were probably the root of his issues.

Any shrink would tell ya.
The way the kid was being blatantly obvious with his posts including the notes he was caught with even stating "help me".
"My life's not worth living".

He'd found himself in a life situation that he had no idea how to deal with and was screaming for help.

Probably just lost the nerve and couldn't kill himself at the end.

Parents had to of known for a long while, school knew long enough.
He just didn't have anyone in his life that gave a schit.

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Casual drug use fellas. All this harmless weed, medicinal weed, ecstasy is BS. The reason our great grandfathers werent potheads( or opium smokers, or coke heads, or licking toads or cactus juice) was because when society was more stable and quieter, it was a lot more apparent the changes these drug cause in people, and people didnt want to be part of it.

The oldtimers didnt just ban dope, hash, opium, cocaine, heroine etc for fun.. Drugs were banned or frowned on for a major reason. Even the low level ones still skew a moderate % of peoples personalities slightly and a small % they skew it badly. Society is so crazy these days people dont see it, or have forgotten.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 158XTP
Casual drug use fellas. All this harmless weed, medicinal weed, ecstasy is BS. The reason our great grandfathers werent potheads( or opium smokers, or coke heads, or licking toads or cactus juice) was because when society was more stable and quieter, it was a lot more apparent the changes these drug cause in people, and people didnt want to be part of it. We have had drugs available for hundreds of years. If we didnt have a modern one we had plenty others. They didnt just ban dope, hash, opium, cocaine, heroine etc for fun.. Drugs were banned or frowned on for a major reason. Even the low level ones still skew a moderate % of peoples personalities slightly and a small % they skew it badly. Society is so crazy these days people dont see it, or have forgotten. I see weed as one of the most dangerous drugs of all. I personally believe its casual use is why everything started going to heck in the 60's. Crazy people, crime tripling, divorce rate, seriel killers the works.

Seldom related in these cases.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by akasparky
Casual drug use fellas. All this harmless weed, medicinal weed, ecstasy is BS. The reason our great grandfathers werent potheads( or opium smokers, or coke heads, or licking toads or cactus juice) was because when society was more stable and quieter, it was a lot more apparent the changes these drug cause in people, and people didnt want to be part of it. We have had drugs available for hundreds of years. If we didnt have a modern one we had plenty others. They didnt just ban dope, hash, opium, cocaine, heroine etc for fun.. Drugs were banned or frowned on for a major reason. Even the low level ones still skew a moderate % of peoples personalities slightly and a small % they skew it badly. Society is so crazy these days people dont see it, or have forgotten. I see weed as one of the most dangerous drugs of all. I personally believe its casual use is why everything started going to heck in the 60's. Crazy people, crime tripling, divorce rate, seriel killers the works.

Seldom related in these cases.

Id say its almost always related. Even the poor upbringing by the parents who all tried pot in college as well.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Id say its almost always related. Even the poor upbringing by the parents who all tried pot in college as well.

Say what ever fits the agenda you want to push but with school shootings you're wrong.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by KenMi

The school will get massive suits, no question. They are as negligent as the parents.

School as a government entity will suffer no consequences, they have qualified immunity.

Marjory Stoneman High school shooting ruling re School System

From the article:

"On Monday, though, a federal judge ruled that the government agencies " had no constitutional duty to protect students who were not in custody."

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Pot causes school shootings?

Frogsnacks.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by worriedman

The school will get massive suits, no question. They are as negligent as the parents.

School as a government entity will suffer no consequences, they have qualified immunity.

From the article:

"On Monday, though, a federal judge ruled that the government agencies " had no constitutional duty to protect students who were not in custody."

Your "On Monday" news article was from 2018.

November 21. 2021
Parkland families last month reached a $25m settlement with the Broward County school district in a lawsuit that had accused it of negligence.

The negligence lawsuit filed by parents against the FBI was settled for $127.5 million just days ago.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Say what ever fits the agenda you want to push but with school shootings you're wrong.
I think he's right. A lot of it boils down to selfish indulgence. I believe the kid is bona fide mentally ill, but self indulgence and indulgence by the parents is poison on top of that. The sort of "Jimmy should have never been mean to you" even when the kid was a totally insane jerk to Jimmy.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

In the police interview with Nikolas Cruz after the Parkland school shooting he claimed to have tried pot a couple times.
Says when he did it was the only time he couldn't hear the voices in his head telling him to kill people.
Interviewing cop gives him hell for not getting a script for medical marijuana.
Nikolas Cruz told the cop he wasn't aware that he could.

Listen for yourself..

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
because when society was more stable and quieter, it was a lot more apparent the changes these drug cause in people, and people didnt want to be part of it.

The oldtimers didnt just ban dope, hash, opium, cocaine, heroine etc for fun.. Drugs were banned or frowned on for a major reason. Even the low level ones still skew a moderate % of peoples personalities slightly and a small % they skew it badly. Society is so crazy these days people dont see it, or have forgotten.

Are you aware the most deadly school massacre ever was perpetrated by Andrew Kehoe on May 18, 1927?
He killed 38 elementary schoolchildren and 6 adults, and injured at least 58 other people.

Is this the time when "society was more stable and quieter" that you speak of?

His reason? Revenge for defeat in local election, go figure.
It by chance was also in Michigan.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Frogsnacks.

Columbine High School in 1999 maybe. Not necessarily Pot but I think it was reported them two did drugs.

100% of the rest have been contributed to untreated mental illness.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Frogsnacks.

Yep,

all of society's ills can now be laid at the feet of the Founders, who didn't institute Summary Execution for drug users...........except those using alcohol, tobacco, and the snake oil concoctions of the day.

And after the execution, ALL relatives should have been put in the stocks on the public square for a period of 7 days, and then placed into indentured servitude for a minimum of one growing season.

That'd teach 'em.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well now the entire family have the same tailor and hair stylist.

[Linked Image from cdn.cnn.com]

[Linked Image from static.independent.co.uk]

LOL in what is an otherwise depressing thread.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by worriedman

From the article:

Your "On Monday" news article was from 2018.

November 21. 2021
Parkland families last month reached a $25m settlement with the Broward County school district in a lawsuit that had accused it of negligence.

The negligence lawsuit filed by parents against the FBI was settled for $127.5 million just days ago.

All settled out of court, none awarded by a jury either. And you and I paid for it, NOT the FBI, if they take it out of their salary I would be all for that. School officials or FBI go to jail for committing a crime?

No, government fueling "guns bad" with our tax money, no body admitted criminal activity, just taxpayer payout by government...of money not theirs.

Last edited by worriedman; 12/04/21.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If you were ever to receive a couple million dollar settlement due to your child being randomly gunned down, how would it make you feel about what you chose to spend it on?

Page 14 of 16 1 2 12 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

207 members (300_savage, 16penny, 280shooter, 29aholic, 204guy, 2ndwind, 32 invisible), 2,272 guests, and 1,135 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,367
Posts18,488,253
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.