Hop To
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by smokepole
You know, if you guys don't quit arguing over Part I, we're never gonna get to Part II, right?

In that case we better keep it going

He decided to skip part 2 cause y'all kept arguing, and went straight to 3, 4, & 5.

GB1

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Part 2 was posted early in this thread.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by efw
You may have missed the point of my question.

Originally Posted by K22

Why is it everyone keeps looking outside themselves for their: "source of information about God and religion" do you think?

You could be right. Could you ask it in a different way?

You asked a question “Why is it everyone keeps looking outside themselves…” and then answered it with an assertion (which which I agree) re: the promises of God that you learned from scripture.

This was not to “score a point” but simply to call attention to how often we who have been raised with scriptural knowledge take it for granted.

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by efw
You may have missed the point of my question.

Originally Posted by K22

Why is it everyone keeps looking outside themselves for their: "source of information about God and religion" do you think?

You could be right. Could you ask it in a different way?

You asked a question “Why is it everyone keeps looking outside themselves…” and then answered it with an assertion (which which I agree) re: the promises of God that you learned from scripture.

This was not to “score a point” but simply to call attention to how often we who have been raised with scriptural knowledge take it for granted.

Ah yes, got it, but I think we missed part 2.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Originally Posted by dassa
You know what would be cool? If there were some infallible source of information about God and religion that everyone could reference so we wouldn't have these disagreements.
Disagreements foster enlightenment.
Good morning dassa,

People in the early Christian movement certainly had theological disagreements among themselves. And people in the Christian movement today clearly have theological disagreements among themselves.

Politicians disagree on politics, economists disagree on economics, doctors disagree on medicine...and people disagree with others on these things...and nearly everything else as well.

Kinda like people on the same team regarding politics, or people on the same team regarding economics...or people on the same team regarding pretty much anything else. Different people sometimes see things differently...even people on the same team. There’s nothing wrong with that. At all. We’re not all a bunch of stamped out cookie cutter automatons. Diversity and disagreements within the body of believers has existed since its inception.

Do you agree with every other conservative (many millions of them in this country alone) on every single facet of conservative thought…? I doubt it. Does that lack of absolute consensus discredit conservatism…? Nope; not at all.

That would be a valid comparison if anyone had ever claimed that conservatism was founded on an "infallible" book handed down from God.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That would be a valid comparison if anyone had ever claimed that conservatism was founded on an "infallible" book handed down from God.
Understood, but Christianity is notfounded on an “infallible” book handed down from God.”

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by antlers
Understood, but Christianity is notfounded on an “infallible” book handed down from God.”

Understood, but a lot of people here will argue with you, and make that claim. (I'm not one of them).

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

132 members (300_savage, 1973cb450, 338reddog, 204guy, 338rcm, 907brass, 20 invisible), 1,771 guests, and 1,057 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,623
Posts18,474,050
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.