-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Original Tundra lights sucked, had retrofit Morimoto projectors installed. Good cut off on low beans, and the Tundra lets me adjust where it hits, so no blinding anyone. But, if I need more light I can hit high beams and see a long way down the road.

Old eyes need more light. But the aftermarket LED bulbs in the original reflectors are scattered and blinding to others, the projectors are really bight but aimed well and not a problem.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
GB1

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
When meeting bright lights, don't look right them.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by wabigoon
When meeting bright lights, don't look right them.

Blinds me even if I don't look right at them - I can't even look intentionally - burns too bad!
Being blue-eyed stinks, on occasion!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by mark shubert
HATE the F'in things - NO one doing these "upgrades" seems to re-aim the headlamps - thus blinding all oncoming traffic!

It’s almost never an issue of aiming the LED’s

Originally Posted by SeanD
LEDs can be really good if it’s a whole assembly. Led bulbs in halogen housings are garbage. They do not focus so they are brighter only at short range, and they scatter light making them dangerous for oncoming drivers. Long range projection is crap which is the primary function of headlights.

This is typically correct. The reflectors type/style used for halogen and led assemblies are different. Most cheaper LED aftermarket bulbs aren’t constructed properly to be used in a halogen assembly and thus they scatter light randomly. SOME of the higher end LEDs take this into consideration and can be used in a halogen assembly fairly well.

The absolute best answer is to swap to a housing that has reflectors set up for LED’s from the start.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rcamuglia

Bringing an older thread back here. Watched the video, and noticed that all the beam testing was done using a projector style lens. I would like to see the same test done using a conventional headlight lens/reflector assembly. I guarantee that you would not see a controlled beam pattern, rather a lot of light scatter and shadows. Unfortunately, the vast majority of these LED retrofit bulbs fins their way into this style of headlight.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I may have to start shooting them out when they come up behind me on the interstate. I think they should be takin off the market.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (1234, 1lesfox, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 63 invisible), 2,585 guests, and 1,168 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,816
Posts18,516,649
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.