Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
I do, especially when the cops are setup in a sneaky place. We have a little speed trap where it goes from 65 to 55 out on a highway we hunt off of. Cops always sitting right there bustin people forgetting to get back down to 55. Plus theyll be parked in the median with their lights off earlier in the AM.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
Another dumb idea I'm seeing more and more of around here is somebody putting on their turn signal when the car in front of them has their turn signal on. After the first vehicle turns the next one turns his off. I guess they think it's cute to pass it down the line. It's just stupid if you ask me, now I don't know who the hell is turning.

Never heard of this.

Makes sense to me, a harmless gesture that could keep you from getting hit from behind, or maybe keep some idiot from trying to pass.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Another dumb idea I'm seeing more and more of around here is somebody putting on their turn signal when the car in front of them has their turn signal on. After the first vehicle turns the next one turns his off. I guess they think it's cute to pass it down the line. It's just stupid if you ask me, now I don't know who the hell is turning.

Never heard of this.

Makes sense to me, a harmless gesture that could keep you from getting hit from behind, or maybe keep some idiot from trying to pass.

My mom does it and then wonders why she gets honked at. Your turn signal is for turning, not not turning.

Last edited by killerv; 12/06/21.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I do or when there is a wreck or some other thing in the road ahead.
Guy flashed his lights at me last night, dark rainy road and some dumb butt was riding a lawnmower in the middle of my lane about a half mile up the road. No lights, dressed in dark coat. Glad he did because I slowed down and was looking for something. I was within 50 yards of him before I saw him.

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Used to. Don't see much in the way of speed traps around here.

The last time I flashed was to slow the other driver, but it was because there were deer all over the road and he was just about to discover them.

Same here Shane, I was gonna type the same reply until I saw your post.

I do this for deer also. I will also try to warn if there is an issue on the road, accident etc.
Have never heard of, or done the flashing thing for cops though.

In Zambia when driving to the hunting area, the left turn signal for OK to pass, and right for do not pass was common. I had never seen it and had to ask what the vehicles in front of us were doing.

Arcus Venator
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A "courtesy" left blinker in a stopped line of cars was common back in Illinois when I started driving 60 years ago. Haven't seen it since, really. It's not a good idea because there's no way for anyone behind you to know if it's a "relay" or a real turn signal. That's doubly true for an "okay to pass" blinker. If I came up behind with an overtake speed and saw a left blinker, I'd instantly brake, thinking that car is going to slow and turn. If I assumed it was an okay to pass signal and he DID slow and turn, I'd plow right into him. Stupid idea.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

RL Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
I usually just go the speed limit and pay attention to the posted limit

Crazy.....

Well - pin a rose on your nose.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by pullit
I do or when there is a wreck or some other thing in the road ahead.
Guy flashed his lights at me last night, dark rainy road and some dumb butt was riding a lawnmower in the middle of my lane about a half mile up the road. No lights, dressed in dark coat. Glad he did because I slowed down and was looking for something. I was within 50 yards of him before I saw him.

That would have gotten a 911 call from me.

I dont mind drunk dimpcraps dying but a riding lawnmower can mess up some innocents truck.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by wabigoon
If someone behind me want to pass, I'll give the lefthand blinker one blink to let them know, I'm slowing down, and pulling over.

As if someone would know WTH that one blink meant?

No kidding! Who makes up this schit?

Would have appreciated the car in front of me giving that warning signal a few days ago .
Was comming down a dual lane hiway and a car in front of me was going slow in the right lane , I gave signal , moved to left lane and holy shiet ! A shiet bird in a little car turns left as I got to the slow cars rear , crammed the brakes , [bleep] doesn’t accelerate , barely missed a serious Pitt removal we all wouldn’t have forgotten in a spell .
As I looked in my mirror the slow car is now turning behind him , WTF ?
Kenneth

Last edited by Kenneth66; 12/06/21.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Never heard of this.

The problem is it’s not harmless. Signals have a meaning and for the most part they’re standardized across the US. If someone has a turn signal on it means “this car is about to turn”, not “a car in front of me is about to turn” or “ it’s safe to pass”. You may think your meaning is perfectly clear but others around you now don’t know what you intend to do. Eventually the signals become meaningless because everybody is making up their own stuff.

Just stick to the stuff you were taught in drivers Ed so others know what you’re doing.

IC B3

E
elkmtb Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
Same thing with idiots who get to a stop sign first and don’t go because they want to be nice and let you go. There is a right of way and it should be followed.

4 way flashing red lights at a busy intersection is a cluster in the city because half want to go when it’s not thier turn and the other half won’t go on time.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (1OntarioJim, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 160user, 01Foreman400, 1badf350, 71 invisible), 2,442 guests, and 1,126 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,701
Posts18,513,776
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.