Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
R
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
If you dont change your own oil.
Just go sit in the corner and please dont contribute cause you are a rube getting taken anyways.

Discuss!!!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Kirkland synthetic with K&N filter...

20 quarts for $70 - at $3.50 a quart it's less expensive than most standard bargain brands.

Last edited by STRSWilson; 12/06/21.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Wooo!!!!! An oil change thread

Something an old Boomer can run his piehole all about even though they’ve not touched a drain plug in 30 years.

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

7 pages

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Super tech full synthetic from the Walmarks. Bought a case of Delco filters off ebay a couple years ago, use one of them.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just changed the oil in the wife's Pilot 2 day ago.
Mobil 1 and a Wix extended range filter every 10,000 miles.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by renegade50
Just go sit in the corner and please dont contribute cause you are a rube getting taken anyways.

Discuss!!!!

I change my own oil, but maybe 6-8 times in my life I have just let Walmart (or whoever do it)... busy with chit or whatever...

ALMOST EVERY SINGLE TIME I have had someone else do it... something goofy happens.

1) Plastic wind deflector put back on wrong and falling off later (hours wasted bitching at CS to replace).

2) Leaking or cross-treaded oil filters (How the fugg someone can mess an oil filter is beyond me).

3) Lost crush washer on the plug (slow leak).

4) Over torqued the oil filter housing on a Toyota to the point of cracking.

I just can't stand the stupidity anymore... do my one wrenching.

Mobil 1 or Walmart Synthetic if I don't like the car that much... they are made in the same factory anyway. More PTFE in the Mobil 1? Maybe... I don't care.

My new Toyota Sienna take 0W-16... how gay is that? White Claw has a higher viscosity.

Last edited by CashisKing; 12/06/21. Reason: Damn autocorrect typos

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Rotella gas engine, Mobil 1.
Baldwin, Wix, Napa Gold. I've used Mobil 1 filters too when there was a package deal with the oil.

My diesels get nothing but Rotella Diesel.

There's gonna be at least one old timer talk about how theyve never had a problem with a Fram filter in 70 years of driving.,

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by CashisKing

Discuss!!!!

I change my own oil, but maybe 6-8 times in my life I have just let Walmart (or whoever do it)... busy with chit or whatever...

ALMOST EVERY SINGLE TIME I have had someone else do it... something goofy happens.

1) Plastic wind deflector put back on wrong and falling off later (hours wasted bitching at CS to replace). Leaking or cross-treaded oil filters (How the fugg someone can mess an oil filter is beyond me). Lost crush washer on the plug (slow leak). Over torqued the oil filter housing on a Toyota to the point of cracking.

Mobil 1 or Walmart Synthetic if I don't like the car that much... they are made in the same factory anyway. More PTFE in the Mobil 1? Maybe... I don't care.

My new Toyota Sienna take 0W-16... how gay is that? White Claw has a higher viscosity.

Had a guy break the oil dipstick housing somehow. That was 10 years ago or so, last time I let someone else change my oil.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by CashisKing

Discuss!!!!

1) Plastic wind deflector put back on wrong and falling off later (hours wasted bitching at CS to replace). Leaking or cross-treaded oil filters (How the fugg someone can mess an oil filter is beyond me). Lost crush washer on the plug (slow leak). Over torqued the oil filter housing on a Toyota to the point of cracking.

Had a guy break the oil dipstick housing somehow. That was 10 years ago or so, last time I let someone else change my oil.

Exactly... How in the fugg can they do chit like that... it's a fugging oil change... simply unreal... and these bastards breath the same air as us... I might actually have to start wear a mask...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

B
BLG Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Mobil 1 full synthetic 0w20, with a Wix XP filter.

Rock Auto had the filters $6.99 each, so I bought 6. O'reily has the same filter for $13.00. Even with shipping I save $25 bucks.

Clyde

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mobil 1 and Wix

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just did my '11 Silverado. Valvoline Maxlife high mileage full synthetic and Fram extra guard filter.

Used to have dealership change. I told them Mobile 1 and PF48. After the 3rd time I noticed oil pressure was fluctuating. Looked underneath and it was a PF48e...big difference, PF48 has metal end caps more filter media and better bypass valve, PF48e has less filter media and plastic cage around it, cardboard end caps and schitty bypass valve. So I started looking at Bobistheoilguy and found Fram extra guard filters to be about perfect for my needs(look it up, all other frams junk) For my 5.3 I use the long filter XG10575.

So I did..
Mobil 1
Quakerstate Ultimate durability
Pennzoil Platinum
Supertech
Valvoline Maxlife

Switched off and on between oils. Two stood out. Valvoline Maxlife I can go 12k without oil pressure fluctuating. Supertech about 10k. All the others around 7-8K pressure starts to fluctuate.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Liqui-Moly (MolyGen) synthetic for me. 5w-40, and K&N filters, for the Saab daily driver. If it's good enough for Euro racers, it's good enough for me.

Castrol 20-50, K&N filter, for the vintage MGB. Hey, you asked!

(And yes I do all my own changes. I wouldn't trust the klutzes at the lube joints to even know how to drive these things, let alone have the oil I demand for them.)

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Valvoline MaxLife Full Synthetic. Re filters ... you get what you pay for.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Mobil 1 and Wix unless it's going on a Toyota product, then I'll use their filter.

If it's a Honda ATV or motorcycle I'll use their oil and filter.

ymmv

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Traveler (Tractor Supply) 15W40 from a 5 gallon pail in everything on the place- - - -3 Cars, 2 trucks, 2 lawn mowers, 2 tractors, pressure washer, generators, pumps, and a Harley soft tail. WIX or NAPA pro-select filters (same thing, one digit difference in the part number). No oil-related failures in the past 20-something years.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Mobil 1 and Wix filters or Fram if they don't have Wix

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Advance auto always has a oil change deal.

Last time i changed mine,

5 qts Royal Purple Full synthetic + K&N filter for like $41.

Cant beat that.

Dave

οΏ½The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.οΏ½ Lou Holtz

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I use Schaeffers 5w-30 full synthetic and wix premium filters.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Only syn oil I will not use is Royal purple and Amsoil
Only filter I will not use is a Fram.
Other wise oil/filter gets changed every 10K or when the computer tells me to with whatever syn I can find for the least amount of money.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1234, 12344mag, 59 invisible), 2,290 guests, and 1,312 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,393
Posts18,488,781
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.