-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My advice to any man getting married today - Hide Your Sh|t.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ltppowell

She knows what she wants. She wants you to choose because she wants you to be happy. She will only be happy if your choice is what she wants. The females of all mammal species are six times more vocal than the male. Learn to take hints.

And most importantly, remember that we would all still be laying on the sidewalk, burning ants with a magnifying glass, if it weren't for women. Men change slowly. Women change by the second.

Oh....and they know they're crazy, but it usually doesn't behoove you to remind them.

You're one of the wisest people I've ever met.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Never go to bed mad. Your a team.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You should never wait too long for this one.....On the first date you should say....I thought I told you to shut up....
If she shuts up then proceed from there.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Shoulda told him to just beat off and buy guns.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Don’t sugar coat your hunting and fishing. Make sure she knows what is going to take precedence. If she’s not alright with it now, she’s not going to be in the future. And if she is high maintenance, get out while you still can.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
When a man marries a woman he thinks she will never change.

When a woman marries a man she thinks that she can change him.

Neither one is true.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
When a man marries a woman he thinks she will never change.

When a woman marries a man she thinks that she can change him.

Neither one is true.

That's as accurate as it gets.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image from primermagazine.com]

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 673
The start of a relationship requires you to not come home too early......... when you go out with your buddies (drinking) don't come home before 5:00am, if you do, they expect you to be home early every time you go out drinking with your buddies.
That is the best advice I have to offer.

Thats how I have my wife now - her first husband stayed out to 5am getting drunk and whoring around immediately after they got married.

A couple of nights going out looking for him had her thinking the grass was greener elsewhere.

I would say the best advice is she knows the worst thing about you and is OK with it, then its gonna work out. But if she isn't ready to know you wash your ass with the guest towels, then its probably not going to work out.

Her take? Well, he might wash his ass with the guest towels but he ain't out whoring around at 5am.

Last edited by KFWA; 12/06/21.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson

For the first year you are married, put a bean in the jar every time you have oral sex.
Then starting the day of your first anniversary, take a bean out of the jar every time you have oral sex.
See how long it takes to get rid of the beans.

You will never empty the jar ....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Best advice I ever heard was from Paul Harvey. He said "Don't do anything when you are first married that you don't want to do the rest of your life".

Last edited by centershot; 12/06/21.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
It he does exactly what she says, exactly when she says to do it, he will get along great!!!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Put each other first.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
A big + 1 on hide your sh t. And all kidding aside,tell the young man to build up a war chest,a marriage is a 50/50 shot these days,if it goes bad,he'll need money and lots of it.Tell him to put aside hidden money every week,even if it's only 5 bucks,AND, never,EVER touch it it! Doing that is the only thing that saved me when all went bad with my ex.Best and smartest thing i ever did with her,and i thank God every day an older guy that i respected at work told me to do that and that by some miracle,i listened !

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by superlight17b
A big + 1 on hide your sh t. And all kidding aside,tell the young man to build up a war chest,a marriage is a 50/50 shot these days,if it goes bad,he'll need money and lots of it.Tell him to put aside hidden money every week,even if it's only 5 bucks,AND, never,EVER touch it it! Doing that is the only thing that saved me when all went bad with my ex.Best and smartest thing i ever did with her,and i thank God every day an older guy that i respected at work told me to do that and that by some miracle,i listened !

Yeah, hide money from your spouse, that's the secret to a lasting marriage. I'm sure it was your wife's fault you got divorced....

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Was at hunt camp back in the day when cell phones were new. One fella who had one was going around asking if any one would like to call their wives. Most all did. I said no thanks. If I do it once she'll get used to it and expect it.

To this day she doesn't expect a phone call. You need a strategy.

I would tell the boy they his job is to provide resources. Hers is to use them to build a family and future. That means she gets an awful lot more of his money than he expects. Hopefully his momma made sure his bride to be was up to the task before he proposed.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
You've still got time to change your mind!

"Keep your mouth shut, work hard. Life is tough. Work through it.” -- Stetson Bennett, Quarterback, Georgia Bulldogs
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A friend of mine stopped at a gas station on his way to getting married. I think he was wearing a suit or a tux, I can't remember, but he said 3 guys next to him were filling up their truck pulling a camper going hunting for the weekend. They asked him what he was doing and said with some pride that he was about to get married. They told him they'd give him $100 and he could spend the weekend hunting with them if he didin't do it. Told him he'd thank them and pay them back in a couple of years.

He declined and for the most part it worked out. They stayed married for about 20 years before divorcing and still get along, but I never forgot him telling me that story.

I always had a crush on his wife since kindergarten and at one point the opportunity presented itself to me but I couldn't do that to a friend. She'll always be the one that got away.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Esox357
Never go to bed mad. Your a team.

There's a hell of a lot more truth to that than meets the eye.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

269 members (12344mag, 01Foreman400, 160user, 280rem_cm, 35, 2UP, 23 invisible), 1,748 guests, and 1,060 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,244
Posts18,485,985
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.