Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
158XTP Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
laugh

Its always a curiousity to me. Europe encompasses a bunch of countiries, some with major gun or constittutional restrictions, yet its almost an internet law that no American ever posts in derogatory fashion on a European countries sub forum about their gun laws or general freedoms etc.

Conversely, in 20 years of gun forums, its also an Internet law that the countries of Australia and NZ, often much less restrictive than countries like the UK etc, will have at least 3 angry Americans attack us about our lack of freedoms per week!

I have always wondered why that is. I have even seen Asian sub forums avoid all hassles from yanks... which boggles the mind when you think about it.

My theory is it comes down to geographical knowledge. Americans know where Australia is- thanks to crocodile dundee and Steve Irwin. laugh Europe and Asia could be some other planet or a county in Masachussets for all they know laugh

GB1

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
What country are you in?

And these zombies line up and eat from the media’s trough

Cowards CANNOT be free. Nor should they be.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
here in America or what some other countries call us the Big Dog freedom is not cheap so we keep our battles within America for now . America in the past has fought many wars for many other countries in their countries for freedom but for some reason many of these countries fail to keep their freedom and gun rights . you may loose your freedom in your country but here in America we will keep all our freedom including all gun rights ! true American`s > we will fight to our death we are not sheep !

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
Originally Posted by 158XTP
laugh
My theory is it comes down to geographical knowledge. Americans know where Australia is- thanks to crocodile dundee and Steve Irwin. laugh Europe and Asia could be some other planet or a county in Masachussets for all they know laugh

That's probably a pretty sound theory.

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
laugh

Its always a curiousity to me. Europe encompasses a bunch of countiries, some with major gun or constittutional restrictions, yet its almost an internet law that no American ever posts in derogatory fashion on a European countries sub forum about their gun laws or general freedoms etc.

Conversely, in 20 years of gun forums, its also an Internet law that the countries of Australia and NZ, often much less restrictive than countries like the UK etc, will have at least 3 angry Americans attack us about our lack of freedoms per week!

I have always wondered why that is. I have even seen Asian sub forums avoid all hassles from yanks... which boggles the mind when you think about it.

nah........I think it is because we feel the aussies should be kindred spirits.......like us , formerly pioneer folks that carved their nation out of the raw bush

and we think you all should feel the same way as we do about personal rights.......euros might get a pass because they have long been under the thumb if their monarchs , dictators and such , and you dont expect them to be anything but what they are

and then there are those of us who remember how the aussies sided us thru a number of wars , and did more than their share of the fighting.......so you all get held up to a higher standard than other parts of the world

IC B2

W
WMR Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by sdgunslinger
laugh

nah........I think it is because we feel the aussies should be kindred spirits.......like us , formerly pioneer folks that carved their nation out of the raw bush

and we think you all should feel the same way as we do about personal rights.......euros might get a pass because they have long been under the thumb if their monarchs , dictators and such , and you dont expect them to be anything but what they are

and then there are those of us who remember how the aussies sided us thru a number of wars , and did more than their share of the fighting.......so you all get held up to a higher standard than other parts of the world

This. Plus, there was Matthew Quigley, so there's that.

Last edited by WMR; 12/07/21.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I grew up in a millitary house hold... and spent 3 years in Britain during my youth, in the Cold War years.

I grew up in a World, that if we in America, Canada, Britain, New Zealand, or Australia were attacked, the aggressor was going to find themselves at war with all 5 nations.

We all have a common bond, and a common society..... its our politicians, and particularly the radical communist leftists, that undermine that relationship, and usually for their own personal corrupt gain.. i.e. Joe Biden, Hunter Biden in our government... selling our nation out for their own personal profit...

There is a judgement day for each of them.... past present and future...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by pete53
here in America or what some other countries call us the Big Dog freedom is not cheap so we keep our battles within America for now . America in the past has fought many wars for many other countries in their countries for freedom but for some reason many of these countries fail to keep their freedom and gun rights . you may loose your freedom in your country but here in America we will keep all our freedom including all gun rights ! true American`s > we will fight to our death we are not sheep !

You are misinformed and dreaming.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by sdgunslinger
laugh

Agree
All of the Australians I have met have been great people. Hope to make it to Australia some day for a visit.

Last edited by NVhntr; 12/07/21.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We're too busy eating our own.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Originally Posted by pete53

You are misinformed and dreaming.

depends you must be a negative person ? look around there is sunshine in FREE America !

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
laugh

Nah, most Americans are quite familiar with Europe, much more so than Australia. It's much easier to get to Europe than Australia for us, at least in non-Covid times.

Most of our ancestors left Europe because of tyranny in one form or another. We expect Europeans to display a certain lack of backbone, they've never know otherwise and the ones there now are descended from people who didn't have the fortitude to leave when they could to seek freedom. Americans, Australians, Kiwis, and Canadians are supposed to be descended from better stock than that. You guys allowed yourselves to be subjugated, Europeans were always that way. That's why we're disappointed in you much like we're disappointed in fellow Americans who willingly vote for someone like Biden or Obama.

We all share a common western civilization rooted in the enlightenment. Asians don't have that, they've always been one step above slaves. That's why no one bags on Asians and their lack of freedom, it's just their culture. It would be like asking a bunch of cattle why they're not free, it's just the way it is for them.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Not sure where your from, I guess Britain. Many Americans remember or have read about Americans saving Europe's ass in two wars. And never receiving anything in return. My ancestors came from Sweden, Germany, England and Ireland! There was a reason they left, not only to try and prosper in a new land. But to rid themselves of the overreach of corrupt leadership. Church tyranny and poor living conditions. Europe has nothing to offer America, they are like children wanting handouts. Just my opinion, you ask!

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
158xtp: If I recall correctly Americans don't ask for much from "europeans" - just every time we save you/them from annihilation and destruction all we ask for is some ground to bury our dead in!
Politely I might addfuck you - you arrogant piece ofshit - I don't care what country you are from!
Sheesh.
No - double sheesh!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
158xtp: If I recall correctly Americans don't ask for much from "europeans" - just every time we save you/them from annihilation and destruction all we ask for is some ground to bury our dead in!
Politely I might addfuck you - you arrogant piece ofshit - I don't care what country you are from!
Sheesh.

I don't want to get into a pissin' match; but, I clearly read 158XTP's post and the question and observations therein much differently than you did.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I had a good friend in Australia that had his retirement fund in top end rifles. The Australian gave him a pittance for them after forcing him to register them earlier. The Australian government [bleep] him!

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Sheesh.
No - double sheesh!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Well, if nothing else, the OP now knows how one of the yanks on this forum is. Sheesh.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

Get off my lawn.

FJB
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
. Europe encompasses a bunch of countiries,

Your answer could be as simple as this, it's harder to sort out and focus on the distinctions of a bunch of relatively smaller countries all jammed together, as opposed to one larger country that's an island unto itself.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think a lot of Yanks think Europe is too far gone, like NY or CA. We "hear" of the laws in the UK and think that Romania and Finland are similar - nothing could be further from the truth. We also feel that Oz/NZ has a chance to stop them before the laws are similar to UK. That's why we give Aussies and Kiwis a hard time about losing ground.

When I was in London, in the '90's, I went into a gun shop to look around. Not seeing any, I asked about handguns. The shop owner/employee said "No handguns, they are only good for killing people". With that mindset within your industry, it is hard to believe the the gun laws in the UK will ever lean toward freedom.
Likewise when I was in Athens, I went into a shop, the owner/employee asked where I was from. I stated America. He said show me your passport and you can buy anything I have. I looked at the rack and tried to figure out how I could get the AK and MP-5 back home w/o going thru customs. I'm sure I could figure a way out now, but when I was 26, I wasn't as crafty!!

Some is Good---More is Better----Too Much is Just Right
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I worked with a bunch of Swedes on a project the head engineer from Sweden was pretty excited about the guns he saw for sale and that he could buy.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

653 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 007FJ, 78 invisible), 2,686 guests, and 1,318 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,477
Posts18,471,652
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.