Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Smart move to climb on the hood- - - - -makes the dumb phuque dogs present a perfect target. Too bad he didn't have a Louisville Slugger handy! The cane I have to use because of a motorcycle wreck has a pound of bullet casting lead poured into the tip.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rost495
OMG. Really. Guy was safe. No big deal. If dogs barking at you bothers you then look up now and again. Sky could be falling. These are the kinds of people that don't need guns either. This is the kind of guy that would beat our dog. Just because he barked at him. The more I know dogs and people the more dogs have the most sense.

No I don't own one. But they don't scare me at all. If ANY dog attacks and I think I'm in danger I'll shoot. Only dog that ever bit me and was super aggressive over 56 years was a Weiner dog. And I had one as a kid, it bit my grandmother really well too. Both instances drew blood.

OTOH a dog biting one enough to kill a person is rare enough.

But animals of all kinds are why the wife and I carry. We do judge each instance on its own, rather than saying all of X are bad.

OK, who had the "idiot post by 9am central"? raise your hand

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Layin' the Lumber! - knocked two outta da park (hood), Batting average of .667 ain't too shabby. Not sure if he got the 3rd one. Looked like a foul ball.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Butterfly McQueen on the blow by blow narration?

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Hahaha. Tff.

Oh, no, no, no, stop, stop, let them eat yo ass.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

I
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
Pitbulls or 🦝🐕

You've got to hand it to a blind prostitute
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
OMG. Really. Guy was safe. No big deal. If dogs barking at you bothers you then look up now and again. Sky could be falling. These are the kinds of people that don't need guns either. This is the kind of guy that would beat our dog. Just because he barked at him. The more I know dogs and people the more dogs have the most sense.

No I don't own one. But they don't scare me at all. If ANY dog attacks and I think I'm in danger I'll shoot. Only dog that ever bit me and was super aggressive over 56 years was a Weiner dog. And I had one as a kid, it bit my grandmother really well too. Both instances drew blood.

But animals of all kinds are why the wife and I carry. We do judge each instance on its own, rather than saying all of X are bad.

🤣🤣🤣

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Me and ol Ren50 knew this fella that quit hunting because he conjured up visions of coydogs. But yotes and pits mixed. LOL

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Had a young pit attack my Border Collie this summer.
We were coming up out of a river bottom towards a parking lot and this pit came charging out of the woods on the run straight at us.
I'd just snapped one of those stupid long retractable leads to my dog's collar.

Took seconds and my dog had me hog tied with the lead as he ran around and around me.

I got him unsnapped and the fight went down.

Pit kept trying to grab my dog by the neck but couldn't get his teeth sunk in due to my dogs thick mane and the wide collar I had on him.

Every time the Pit made an attempt to grab his neck my dog would spin and grab a mouth full of the Pits flappy lips, blood was flying, my dog was shredding this Pits lips.
After about 6 or 7 attempts this Pits lips were just flopping around in pieces.

All my dogs white hair was blood red, even the blaze between his eyes.

This pit backed off and just stood there bleeding with a wtf look on his face.

My dog just looked at him like he wanted him to play some more

Guy comes running up the river bottom screaming for his pos Pit.
Comes up apologizing asking if my dog was OK.

Told him my dog was fine but his dog was gonna be hurting for a while.

I'd of shot him dead if I'd had my gun, normally I'd atleast have bearspray on me but this was a real populated public location.

Just a little more Pit justice.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Great report Jeff

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Rule number 1 ALWAYS ALWAYS have a gun on you.

Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Rule number 2, don't use a long retractable leash, my own dog disabled me.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

those dogs would have killed him, Jeff, I don't know if you've ever had pits, but two or three like that would have gone into full kill mode.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by JeffA
Had a young pit attack my Border Collie this summer.
We were coming up out of a river bottom towards a parking lot and this pit came charging out of the woods on the run straight at us.
I'd just snapped one of those stupid long retractable leads to my dog's collar.

Took seconds and my dog had me hog tied with the lead as he ran around and around me.

I got him unsnapped and the fight went down.

Pit kept trying to grab my dog by the neck but couldn't get his teeth sunk in due to my dogs thick mane and the wide collar I had on him.

Every time the Pit made an attempt to grab his neck my dog would spin and grab a mouth full of the Pits flappy lips, blood was flying, my dog was shredding this Pits lips.
After about 6 or 7 attempts this Pits lips were just flopping around in pieces.

All my dogs white hair was blood red, even the blaze between his eyes.

This pit backed off and just stood there bleeding with a wtf look on his face.

My dog just looked at him like he wanted him to play some more

Guy comes running up the river bottom screaming for his pos Pit.
Comes up apologizing asking if my dog was OK.

Told him my dog was fine but his dog was gonna be hurting for a while.

I'd of shot him dead if I'd had my gun, normally I'd atleast have bearspray on me but this was a real populated public location.

Just a little more Pit justice.

[Linked Image]

I hope that you had plans for the dog also.

Anyone that has more than one kid can understand that the nurture argument is pretty weak. Anything that is born comes out hardwired. All that nurture does is an attempt to control or shape the hardwiring.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rule number 2, don't use a long retractable leash, my own dog disabled me.

I hate those things and was ticked when my wife bought one. The whole point of a leash is control. A long leash gives you little and gives the dog a sense of permission to roam instead of heel.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A friend of mine has a very viscous Akita.
He brings her over often, she gets chained, my dogs a non-issue, he runs free while she's here.

My dog stays clear of her but tests her on occasion and gets his azz kicked every time.

She's got a piece of my dog a half dozen times.
We stepped away one day for just a few minutes and my dog finally got even with her, just in a different way.

Them Border Collies be really smart..

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There is a lot of information missing. Where was the guy on the hood from? Was he an intruder? What was his purpose there?

If the guy was there for a legitimate reason I can see him defending himself. If he was a thief then I would have turned the dogs loose myself. Does anyone have any more explanation?

Jim

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by stxhunter

those dogs would have killed him, Jeff, I don't know if you've ever had pits, but two or three like that would have gone into full kill mode.

And all it would have taken is for one of them to jump up and get ahold of a shoe or a piece of his pants and he would have been fughked.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Bonk!

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A friend of mine has a very viscous Akita.
He brings her over often, she gets chained, my dogs a non-issue, he runs free while she's here.

My dog stays clear of her but tests her on occasion and gets his azz kicked every time.

She's got a piece of my dog a half dozen times.
We stepped away one day for just a few minutes and my dog finally got even with her, just in a different way.

Them Border Collies be really smart..

[Linked Image]

lmao

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (2500HD, 1minute, 219DW, 1badf350, 219 Wasp, 270cowboy, 60 invisible), 2,395 guests, and 1,318 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,170
Posts18,503,164
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.