C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by duck911
Originally Posted by CashisKing

I love a questioning mind...

Should you jump off a bridge... or should you slit your jugular?

Get back to me after you have decided.

Thanks

Hey, quick thought, DIPCHIT:

If you are going to post a 24HCF post, then berate and go postal on 3/4 of the people that reply, why not just PM your 3 buddies who will stroke you like you prefer?

Duck Boy... your super hero cape is still at the dry cleaners...

Now please tell us all how you used to be close personal friends with Rudolf Diesel and Clessie Lyle Cummins.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
There's been a lot of miscommunication and lack of attention on this honest and decent topic.

If you need advice on how to get semen stains out of your superhero cape... start your own thread.

If you are from Oregon and are adamant that every conversation all the time, every single day has to be about you... start your own thread.

Now, back to the grown-ups in the room.

I have an opportunity to acquire an excellent condition 2003 V10 4 wheel drive automatic transmission Ford Excursion for $3,000. I previously owned a 2001 Ford Excursion. I happen to think it is a fantastic vehicle and will replace our Chrysler Town & Country minivan ten-fold... maybe even 100-fold. And NO... this conversation it's not about how to make a Town & Country minivan four-wheel drive or lifted or diesel. As John Wayne says in the Searchers "A white man rides a horse until it dies and then goes on afoot, a Comanche comes along and gets that horse up and rides it 20 more miles... then eats it." I am sure some local hispanic family is excited at the proposition of my minivan for $2,000.

I also have a chance to pick up a first class 12 valve Cummins diesel out of a Dodge truck for $1,800.

I currently own two 12 valve trucks and one 24 valve. I paid $3,000, $5,000 and $8,000 for these trucks. They are all available for sale. $6,000, $10,000 and $16,000. I use all three trucks on a very regular basis at multiple properties and construction sites. I have been buying low cost Dodge diesel trucks... using them and selling them for a profit since the mid-90s. I am fairly good at it. I've done it around 20 times.

I know absolutely nothing about Chevrolet nor do I want to know anything about Chevrolet. I've owned a few Chevy trucks in my life and have been burned enough that I will not own another.

After the Ford 6.0 debacle followed by the 6.4 2x debacle I decided to never buy a new Ford again.

Toyota makes an excellent vehicle if you happen to be born the height of a politician or Hollywood actor... or use a highchair to eat your Fruity Pebbles for breakfast.

Yes, every single thing about a Dodge sucks in comparison to a Ford or Chevy except for the Cummins 12 valve engine. The front end sucks. The transmission sucks. The peeling paint sucks. The crappy seats suck. The stupid interior and the cracking dashboard suck. I will even go so far as to say the looks of a Dodge truck also suck.

I was towing in massive load in steep WV grade once... 1995 Dodge 3500 with 480,000 miles on the clock. The trailer was overloaded and the grade was at least 10%, I suspect more like 12%. Anyway... not paying attention to the gauges I did not realize that my oil pressure had dropped to absolute zero and my temperature gauge was buried to the right. The check engine light suddenly came on and I immediately pulled over. The hood was to hot to lift without taking off my shirt to use as an ad-hoc oven mitt. The heat coming off the engine looked like the Nevada desert in summer.

A fella came along and helped me out by getting me to the auto parts store. I bought 3 gallons of Rotella and 3 gallons of coolant. When I came back the engine took almost three full gallons of oil and 2 gallons plus of coolant and water.

Of course only a moron would even try to restart this truck.

She started perfectly on the first crank and finish the grade and the next 6 hours. I did have to pull over every 30 minutes and add another half gallon of oil. She was not burning oil she was spitting it out at a bad fitting directly below the P pump.

Very few engines will take this degree of abuse and not go down on you. Therefore, I will remain a fan of the Cummins 12 valve engine forever. I'm also a fan of the 4bt, but that is another topic for another day.

Back to the topic at hand. I will not buy a new vehicle with all of the government rules regulations mandates and other horseshit for $80,000. I simply will not do it. I will however completely refurbish a classic vehicle and continue to use her for another 20 plus years, God willing.

I have an excellent diesel mechanic that is willing to do the repower. Extremely skilled and extremely knowledgeable of the Ford everything. His bread-and-butter money is fixing 6.0 engines. I have built him several weapons in the past... and he holds me in high regard

I am convinced he can can do a proper repower.

Between the cost of the Excursion and the Cummins engine... less the sale of the V10 and the minivan I will add $25,000 to the project and hopefully get a nice interior, brush guard, small lift etc. As well as a repower. Of course the vehicle will not be new... it will be refurbished. In my opinion it will be worth the effort. Personal property taxes in Virginia on a new $80,000 vehicle approach $6,000 per year. So one must consider that as well. Personal property taxes on this refurbished vehicle should be under $100 per year.

My specific reason for posting this topic is for the acquisition of general knowledge from people that have performed a similar type project on a Ford pickup truck or that might have interest in observing the retrofit of this truck.

To those that have posted links and provided useful and helpful information I am sincerely thankful.

To the rest of the audience that has the reading comprehension skill of a Schnauzer and thus has spent well over two hours reading this 1000-word diatribe... good luck and might I suggest velcro for your next pair of shoes.

Also... there is a concept that used to exist in America prior to the Communist takeover so prevalent in society today... if you did not like something... you did not have to participate in it. If you did not know something you were not required to participate either. I realize these concepts are foreign to many people... but I will offer that your measure of stupidity is often directly tied to not speaking about things which you know absolutely dick.

Last edited by CashisKing; 12/04/20. Reason: Autocorrect typos

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
BTT

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

now that detailed post explains perfectly why and what you want to accomplish....go for it .......bob

I have to ask though....mini van...come on man

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Personal property taxes in Virginia on a new $80,000 vehicle approach $6,000 per year. So one must consider that as well. Personal property taxes on this refurbished vehicle should be under $100 per year.

Holy schidt!

Carpe' Scrotum
IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by BobMt

I have to ask though....mini van...come on man

Game Wardens pull over soccor mom/dad minivans with 6 deer stuffed in the back... NEVER.

But yeah... you are are right... minivans suck the rest of the year.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Though I don't post often, I must say.....................Some of you are a bunch of pricks! Never have I been on a site where there are so many insults and general nastiness for no reason. If you do not have anything nice to say, then don't say it.
And yes, I am an Oregon native, and proud of it! I am as conservative as they come, and am totally livid about what this great State has become as a result of the Liberal politicians, but I am stuck here until I pass (hopefully in a few years so I don't have to put up with much more [bleep] that is so prevalent about the left coast).

I guess that is why my post count is so low....not because I fear the nastiness from some of you, but because it is ridiculous to partake in the absurdity shown by so many!

Flame suit on!

Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
BUMP to see how your project came out Cash...I might be looking to do something similar. TIA

"Social order at the expense of Liberty is hardly a bargain” de Sade
"He who'll not reason is a Bigot, he who cannot is a Fool, and he who dares not is a Slave."SirWilliamDrummond
Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
NEED INPUT!

"He who'll not reason is a Bigot, he who cannot is a Fool, and he who dares not is a Slave."SirWilliamDrummond
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by BALLISTIK
NEED INPUT!

Had some family stuff... project got put on hold. Original Excursion and the 12 valve went bye-bye.

Still may do it... found a good deal on an F-250 yesterday... blow 7.3 engine... manual. 4x4.

Working details...

Also found a deal on a 6 speed 24 valve... $3,800...

If it comes together I will post details... until then nothing to report.

Did pick up an 89 the other day... just for giggles/investment...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Cash why not just buy a brand new truck with all the bells and whistles? Oh I forgot there are non to be found! I'm sure you have other reasons than that though.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I know a guy that used to do some pulling and he did it in a F250, he wrote "Destroked" on the side.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
I want a 4BT project truck…….

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Jim1611
Cash why not just buy a brand new truck with all the bells and whistles? Oh I forgot there are non to be found! I'm sure you have other reasons than that though.

I won't own a DEF truck... no hard feels to those that do, but I will not... hopefully.

The 2008-2012 6.7 Cummins manual 4x4 is my constant search... very hard to find. VERY VERY HARD to find.

2011 is the last year before DEF if the truck was sold as a Cab and Chassis.

I do have a deposit down on the 2022 Tundra Hybrid... V6 with twin turbo... Hybrid is NOT on the engine... it is on the 10 speed automatic transmission.

ALLEGEDLY it 12k on towing capacity... If the MPG hits around 30 I will buy it... if not, I will probably pass. Final specs and price are NOT OUT YET. But I still put down $1k to lock in on one.

YES... I trust Toyota... at least more than I trust anyone else... ESPECIALLY Ford, Dodge and GM and the UAW in 2021... bunch of woke bastards.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bought my bride a 2022 Sienna Hybrid AWD... Crazy impressive on the tech. 36 MPG rating. MSRP $36,400 on the LE AWD.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

YES... it's a gayass minivan...

NO... I don't care...

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by fester

4BT in a CJ-7 would be titts... but I am past that bend in life.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by fester

4BT in a CJ-7 would be titts... but I am past that bend in life.

I considered doing that in mine. I went with a 93 Ford 5.0 instead. 85 Jeep CJ7 that is. I'm with you on the newer trucks. My project right now is a 97 square body F250. Just picked up the rebuild 460 today.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Cash, saw a 6.0 powered excursion today. Seems like it would be simple since there’s already 6.0/Cummins conversions worked out? Probably buy one with a 6.0 more reasonable than a V10. Know a guy that just bought a minty 7.3 powered excursion for $20k. Fugkin steal.

Last edited by jackmountain; 12/08/21.

Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
Dayum, I wish it worked out. I think a 6BT in a 4x4 Excursion would be an amazing build. If you pass on the blown 7.3l or 6spd 24V let me know, I'd like to look at 'em.

That actually seems cheap for the Sienna AWD, but I'm still leery of hybrid/electric vehicles. At least the minivan has usable cargo space compared to most hybrids.

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Know a guy that just bought a minty 7.3 powered excursion for $20k. Fugkin steal.

That was a steal... damn impressive!

6.0 Excursions are hard to find... especially ones that are not toast on wear/tear.

The 2004 6.0 was a real problem engine. By 2005 Ford had worked out some kinks. 2006 Excursion was no longer produced.

The V-10s owned by soccer moms are the best donors... but they are getting scarce to. The one I had lined up for $3k was sweet, but stuff happens.

$10/gallon fuel might squeak a few gems out of the woodwork.

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
If you pass on the blown 7.3l or 6spd 24V let me know, I'd like to look at 'em.

Sure thing... AND if I pass I will give you honest intel on what I see.

That actually seems cheap for the Sienna AWD, but I'm still leery of hybrid/electric vehicles.

I hear you on that... but I have been blown away with POSITIVE Toyota CS on hybrids... so they got the hook in me on trust.

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (1minute, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 06hunter59, 59 invisible), 2,202 guests, and 1,223 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,010
Posts18,500,198
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.