Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Here's another hint.

What did the religious leaders do when they got wind of this from the wise men?

One more....What did the political leader, Herod do and what was the fruit of his learning about the Christ child?

Do you have any guesses yet?
If you don't know the answer, then go back and watch the last video from beginning to end. It's not long. See what fruit was born by the announcement to the children. 🙂

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 12/11/21.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper

Here's another hint.

One more....What did the political leader, Herod do and what was the fruit of his learning about the Christ child?

If you don't know the answer, then go back and watch the last video from beginning to end. It's not long. See what fruit was born by the announcement to the children.

Quit messin with Wabbi's thread. He's at least sincere you're a POS gutter trash poser.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Here's what we have.

Luke 2

" And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.

9 And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.

10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.

11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

12 And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.

13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,

14 Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.

15 And it came to pass, as the angels were gone away from them into heaven, the shepherds said one to another, Let us now go even unto Bethlehem, and see this thing which is come to pass, which the Lord hath made known unto us.

16 And they came with haste, and found Mary, and Joseph, and the babe lying in a manger.

17 And when they had seen it, they made known abroad the saying which was told them concerning this child.

18 And all they that heard it wondered at those things which were told them by the shepherds.

19 But Mary kept all these things, and pondered them in her heart.

20 And the shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things that they had heard and seen, as it was told unto them."

It's also noteworthy that God chose shepherds to evangelize, "make known abroad," the good news/ glad tidings/ gospel about the Lamb of God.

Like many today, it is the ordinary people that are sharing the gospel wherever they go. The religious leaders in general are unbelievers who can't lead anyone to Christ or they are concerned about the Herod's of this world.
These shepherds became bold evangelists.
God isn't looking for special talents and prestige, just a love for His Son and those with ears to hear about him.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Shepherds deemed so lowly and shifty their testimony wasn’t admissible in court.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Salty303

Here's another hint.

If you don't know the answer, then go back and watch the last video from beginning to end. It's not long. See what fruit was born by the announcement to the children.

Quit messin with Wabbi's thread. He's at least sincere you're a POS gutter trash poser.

Whoa, Holy Crapster will put you top of this years christmas retrobate list.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Here's another hint.

No salty. Unlike you, I'm not a troll who gets his hit of pleasure by attacking the gospel.
Wabigoon started a great thread topic as usual.
I happened to have a biblical answer.
You've been following me for a while now and you have a purpose that Wabigoon and my Lord knows. I commit you to him. I think it's obvious by your unprovoked attack.

Now where's the religious leaders to come by and tell me how mean and unchristian I've been to poor old salty?

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Stay cool men, we are on the same team.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Wabi is cool but HC can get fugged.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Here's another hint.

No salty. Unlike you, I'm not a troll who gets his hit of pleasure by attacking the gospel.
Wabigoon started a great thread topic as usual.
I happened to have a biblical answer.
You've been following me for a while now and you have a purpose that Wabigoon and my Lord knows. I commit you to him. I think it's obvious by your unprovoked attack.

Now where's the religious leaders to come by and tell me how mean and unchristian I've been to poor old salty?

Mean to me? hahahaha you' silly twat you're so far behind you think you're in first place.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Raferman
Wabi is cool but HC can get fugged.

Uh oh, another one for the Holy Crapster christmas retrobate list

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wabigoon,

It's exciting to read the chapter over the years and get a little more every time. Your question is one I had before and think it's clearer to me than before.
More clues are Jesus' choices for "fishers of men", the two senior citizens later in the story of baby Jesus. Then His great commission in every gospel and Acts chapter 1.
When putting all of that together plus the angel at the judgement of the world, it shows what is important to the Lord.

BTW, I think the highest of those shepherds.
They spread the good news abroad as it was made known to them.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by BC30cal
wabigoon;
Good evening to you my friend, I hope the weather is behaving down your way and you and your fine family are well.

If I recall correctly, at that time the shepherds and fisherman were considered the lowest class in a somewhat caste like society.

Proper accepted protocol for the announcement of the birth of a king or royalty would be to other royalty first, then descending levels of society got the news as it trickled down.

The biblical tradition of the shepherds being first to know then put the entire society upside down and lent credibility to the claim that this was truly for "all people" and not just the rich and privileged.

Something like that I'd imagine anyways sir.

All the best to you all this Christmas Season.

Dwayne

This is how our preacher interpreted the event. Wouldn’t it have been cool to have been one of those shepherds!!!!! smile

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Time for a song?

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Richard in 2021 there are no Wiseman we are lost

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Never give up Russ!

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
It’s interesting that the shepherds were the first, low class common or everyman and Christ is the a Good Shepherd. The shepherd sheep analogy doesn’t seem to be well understood in the modern era. Maybe it never was and that’s why Christ was missed by those who thought that they were looking for Him.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by IZH27
It’s interesting that the shepherds were the first, low class common or everyman and Christ is the a Good Shepherd. The shepherd sheep analogy doesn’t seem to be well understood in the modern era. Maybe it never was and that’s why Christ was missed by those who thought that they were looking for Him.

IZH27;
Good evening to you sir, I hope the weather's behaving for you and that all who matter in your world are well.

When we were on the farm we had a couple lambs one year. One ate some leaves, bloated and died, then shortly after, the other one ran headlong into the stall and died.

Back in the early '90's we had a pretty decent herd of California Bighorns and I took up chasing them in hopes of catching up with a legal 3/4 curl ram.

Though most folks hunted them in the open hillsides, I quickly learned how to hunt them in the big old growth Doug Fir timber.

One time I recall distinctly now was that I saw a lamb from the spring and was able to keep it's mother behind a big Fir as I crept towards it. I was about 20' or a wee bit less from the lamb, who was frozen in fear and looking at it's mother for a cue, but she didn't see me.

As I cleared the Doug Fir, the old lady saw me and locked up too, looking slightly over her shoulder to what I took to be the lead ewe of the little herd I was in the middle of.

Finally the lead ewe bolted, then the mother and finally the lamb.

Mighty poor survival skills really I thought then and still do.

At the time it occurred to me that the Bible does us humans no favors when it refers to us as sheep, you know?

Thanks for reading my ramblings and all the very best to you all this Christmas Season.

Dwayne

PS;
I got a ram the next year - in the big timber at about 80yds.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by BC30cal; 12/11/21. Reason: more information

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
No two ways about it, Christ was born to save us.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Here's a hint:
[video:youtube]https://youtube/paidcontent[/video]

So what Christian denomination is old Steve Anderson affiliated with, happy? The church of me, myself, and I?

And how much does he pay you to spread his word?

Church of the Dollar, Bitcoin, and Dinar.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Here's another hint.

They are both trolling for followers, Wabbi's just a little more more classy about it, and far less deranged.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 12/11/21.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

82 members (01Foreman400, 35, 405winash, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 11 invisible), 801 guests, and 780 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,845
Posts18,517,392
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.