Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Good deal!

Always glad to read the hunting stories, and nice to know you have so much deer and moose venison!

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Longbeardking;
Good evening to you sir, thanks so much for that wonderful hunt report and the photos as well.

I'm among the rest who look forward to your annual hunt reports.

Hopefully it's okay to say that you and your wife's hunts give me hope that I can continue on for some time to come as well.

Very, very cool all around sir and a freezer full of meat to top it off.

All the best to you both as we head into Christmas.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Longbeardking
Originally Posted by BIG_JOE
Good report on Anticcosti as usual. Glad to see Nan is doing well. Problems on returning to USA?

They completely broke us down. Went through the meat with a fine tooth comb. Made sure EVERY piece was de-boned. Gave us a hard time over the skull caps. Said there was too much tissue. They gave in on that. Then they went through the guns. Made us unlock and check to make sure nothing was in the chambers. We were there close to 45 minutes or more. Two young ladies were doing the inspection.

Where did you cross the border?

When we were living in Hanover we went across the border on Route 3 north of Pittsburgh, NH, and I forgot that I had an old S&W 1917 in the back. Needless to say I was glad that we didn't get inspected either going north or coming back south.

We found the crossing at Canaan, VT, was easier than any other that we used.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
As always another great hunt. Enjoyed your moose hunt and now the Anticosti adventures.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Good report on Anticcosti as usual. Glad to see Nan is doing well. Problems on returning to USA?

They completely broke us down. Went through the meat with a fine tooth comb. Made sure EVERY piece was de-boned. Gave us a hard time over the skull caps. Said there was too much tissue. They gave in on that. Then they went through the guns. Made us unlock and check to make sure nothing was in the chambers. We were there close to 45 minutes or more. Two young ladies were doing the inspection.

Where did you cross the border?

When we were living in Hanover we went across the border on Route 3 north of Pittsburgh, NH, and I forgot that I had an old S&W 1917 in the back. Needless to say I was glad that we didn't get inspected either going north or coming back south.

We found the crossing at Canaan, VT, was easier than any other that we used.

We always cross at Derby Line Vt/Stanstead Canada. We have crossed many years on the Route 143 crossing instead of the one on Route I-91. The smaller one is much more cordial and informal. + we know most of them by first names. Coming back was the same. We always stopped at the American side in Derby Line, but after the CWD in Canada the guys advised us to start using the larger facility as they had a USDA person there full time to deal with the meat. Times are always changing.

I would say my wife and I are to stubborn to give up.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Congratulations LBK & Nan !!

So glad you got back & had another great trip.

Blessed by the full freezer too.

smile

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Glad you had such a good time!

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Congratulations on a great hunt! Nice read on a cold blustery morning.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thank you one and all. We got through all the red tape crossing the border and now that we have done it once, as long as the border remains open, we will have an idea of what to expect next year. Hopefully our health will remain well and Nan will continue to be stable,. We are looking forward to next year as well. Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Glad you could still make the trip. Like others, I'm a fan and look forward to hearing about your Anticosti hunt every year. This was a good read, from someone who feels like my kind of people.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Many of us think the same and that what makes life great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sounds like a good trip, glad you could go.

Hope next year is even better.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Thanks!

Molon Labe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Glad you could partake again this year!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Congrats on a successful trip, Longbeardking!

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks everyone. It was stressful getting there, but once there it was another great time except for the heavy rain and wind after day one. Hoping for a better year in 2022.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good to see your postings, Stephen. My congratulations and regards to Nan as well!

We'll talk on the other side... smile

"Rhetoric is no substitute for reality." -Thomas Sowell
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Great story, LBK.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I look forward to this every year and just finished reading it. Congrats on another great trip Steve and Nan, can’t wait for next years adventure. Have a happy, healthy New year.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Think of this — you as citizens — returning, in the context of the open southern border with guns, drugs, (and terrorists?) and the Corona pouring through. What total despicable immoral hypocrites are this D Party and administration.

But, thanks for reporting your experience. I’ve read of Anticosti many times but never have been there. And I apologize if my post was a blemish on your good thread.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

145 members (2UP, 1eyedmule, 44mc, 3333vl, 308ld, 35, 11 invisible), 1,539 guests, and 888 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,772
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.