Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 30 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 29 30
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hastings
I have a question. Does "thou shalt have no other gods before Me" imply that there are actually other gods. If so is it ok to deal with them as lesser gods?

Originally Posted by DBT
Early belief was Polytheistic.
I'm wondering. As I posted earlier I met an Indian Hindu that accepted Jesus' words as true but he was still a Hindu. Are they polytheistic?

There are examples of O.T. and N.T. believers who gave up idolatry because they believed on the true God/Man, Jesus Christ.
When someone trusts Christ, they don't add Him to a pantheon of other Hindu false deities.
Example, a Catholic I used to know said she prayed a prayer to trust Christ, but wasn't sincere because she said she still prayed to and worshipped Mary, trusted the sacraments.

One application for repentance in context of receiving the heavenly gift is explained in the videos.
Like on the day of pentecost, you must turn from what is keeping you from the Savior to the true One Who died and rose again bodily . The pagan or Hindu turns from false gods to the true Living God in faith. That requires a change of mind and an acceptance of Christ.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 12/13/21.
GB1

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
I have a question. Does "thou shalt have no other gods before Me" imply that there are actually other gods. If so is it ok to deal with them as lesser gods?

Originally Posted by DBT
I'm wondering. As I posted earlier I met an Indian Hindu that accepted Jesus' words as true but he was still a Hindu. Are they polytheistic?

Yes, Hindu's are Polytheistic, as were the early Jews.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Originally Posted by DBT

Hinduism is a belief in the principle of Brahman, the manifestor of the Universe and all it contains, including all the gods, Shiva, Shakti, Kali, etc.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Ive heard of teen idols.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper

Originally Posted by DBT

There are examples of O.T. and N.T. believers who gave up idolatry because they believed on the true God/Man, Jesus Christ.
When someone trusts Christ, they don't add Him to a pantheon of other Hindu false deities.
Example, a Catholic I used to know said she prayed a prayer to trust Christ, but wasn't sincere because she said she still prayed to and worshipped Mary, trusted the sacraments.

There is no Jesus in Judaism, that is Christian theology. The Jews still await their prophesied Messiah.

IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by ironbender
Ive heard of teen idols.

In fact, we have a former teen idol on the forum.

He’s a religiously smart guy, too. Not like you know who!! 🤣😂

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
The Christian Holy Trinity............Guilt, Fear, Money

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Ro 10:9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Paul doesn't mention repentance in this verse.

Jesus "unless you repent you will all likewise perish"

Paul is contradicted by Jesus so many times. It is a shame that Paul never met him so he could keep his story straight.

I think all of Paul’s epistles were to believing Jews or Gentiles. Probably why he didn’t preach or write on repentance much but the sermon on mars hill were to mostly unbelievers.

“Therefore having overlooked the times of ignorance, God is now declaring to men that all people everywhere should repent,”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭17:30‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ive heard of teen idols.

What about Billy Idols? Can we worship them?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
[Your single case example is also irrelevant but you give it credibility so you can use it to provide yourself with justification of your belief. I was pointing out an equally absurd conclusion with the statement that I made. You saw that but still didn't recognise that of your own because of your bias. End of the day it's still a personal belief.

Also, there are many people who have studied religion and become atheists despite being raised as believers. Would you still look to that guy in your case if he became atheist? I suspect that you would not because he would no longer validate your belief - he's only "credible" if he matches your belief. It's not the other way around (ie you don't follow him for his belief).

What if is for junior high girls. When I first met Dr. Kindell he told me, "Christians have two brains. One is lost and the other is out looking for it." By the time he graduated and earn a couple doctorates he had studied ten fields of study: Biology, geology, astronomy, etc, etc. He told me he proved himself wrong in all ten. He became a creationists. Recently he told me, "There would be a lot more Christians if we had a lot more serious skeptics."

It’s as per my previous response (I thought it was clear enough but you appear to have missed it) – this is still just one mans personal choice of belief. I can’t say why he decided in both science and faith but there are also many cases of scientists who are believers. There are unknowns in science and maybe he was looking to fill the voids, so read a couple of books, liked Christianity and went with that. Since much of what he read was either undeniably false or unverifiable or undemonstrable or even unpalatable, he would have had to pick one that he liked best, of had some emotional “resonation” with. Maybe he has his own take on it and accepts parts and rejects other parts, although science alone would lead to rejection of many parts. There are no real barriers or limits to beliefs unless you go mainstream versions.

Skepticism and critical thinking is the reason that many have turned away from belief – odd how you think that it works the other way. Mainstream version belief requires abandonment of critical thinking and acceptance of the written word. Skepticism of the belief is not allowed. Do as instructed, or else.

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by DBT

One application for repentance in context of receiving the heavenly gift is explained in the videos.
Like on the day of pentecost, you must turn from what is keeping you from the Savior to the true One Who died and rose again bodily . The pagan or Hindu turns from false gods to the true Living God in faith. That requires a change of mind and an acceptance of Christ.

Happy Camper: I believe you are guessing on your beliefs. You can't do like I do and admit your ignorance. A lot of what you know you don't actually know. I have studied the New Testament enough to know that Paul doesn't agree with Jesus, John, or James. There is evidence that Paul was planted among Jesus' followers as an agent/spy of Rome and the Jewish power brokers of the day who actually seem to have been in concert. I can see no other reason he was rescued and spirited off to Rome.

I notice you put up videos occasionally. By chance are any of those preachers you?

Do you listen to and accept Jimmy Swaggart? Y'all seem to be in agreement.

Do you think Jesus was God. If so who was he talking about and praying to? If he wasn't how did a Jewish rabbi and prophet become a Christian God? And if he is a separate entity how is making him a God not violating the main commandment of the big 10? Can we accept that Jesus was God's messenger sent to give the Jews (and Gentiles) one last chance. Maybe we could compare Jesus to a country's leader sending his Secretary of State or Foreign Minister who would say "I speak for the president" .

Just wondering. I am always suspicious of someone doctrinaire and too sure of a thing that is unknowable.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by huntinaz
Ive heard of teen idols.

What about Billy Idols? Can we worship them?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Absolutely.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Legalism sucks. Demolish and eradicate it, and replace it by cultivating and strengthening an authentic relationship with Jesus.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Are you saying, straight out, that no Baptism equals no Salvation?

A simple yes or no will suffice. No need for an essay about your earlier life as a boss.

No slam meant here.[/quote

I don't know how to be any clearer than I have been. I believe Jesus.

Jesus says, "He who believes and is baptized will be saved." Jesus also says, "Make disciples baptizing them."

You’re still backpedaling and running from a simple, straightforward question.

Yes or no ?

Man up.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by EdM
Isn't there a site devoted to religion rather than hunting and the outdoors that would be more fitting to your throw? I would think such would be more than desired, all in the same camp and all...

The Campfires that I’ve sat around have a wide range of discussions far beyond just the outdoors.

Of course. But, If some ass hole like the unhappy noncamper was there not doing a damn thing but pushing his perverted idea of religion, he'd get run off.

How hard is it to simply not to participate in or pass over threads that one finds offensive?

How hard is it to use the Ignore function from those one dislikes?

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by K22
The Christian Holy Trinity............Guilt, Fear, Money

The love of money.

The Trinity of human emotions in many instances.
Greed, Sloth,,,,

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by DBT

Happy Camper: I believe you are guessing on your beliefs. You can't do like I do and admit your ignorance. A lot of what you know you don't actually know. I have studied the New Testament enough to know that Paul doesn't agree with Jesus, John, or James. There is evidence that Paul was planted among Jesus' followers as an agent/spy of Rome and the Jewish power brokers of the day who actually seem to have been in concert. I can see no other reason he was rescued and spirited off to Rome.

Is that the best insult you can come up with Hastings?
Surprised you'd not be embarrassed to write that for others to read.

Do you think Jesus was God.

YES!
" For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:"
Ever read the book of Revelation?
Is Jesus simply a man or created being to you?

If so who was he talking about and praying to?

You are a non- trinitarian Unitarian Universalist.
You know the answer to this, but do not believe it even though the Trinity is described throughout the gospels.

If he wasn't how did a Jewish rabbi and prophet become a Christian God?

He didn't become a God. He always was from eternity past and ever will be God. He became a man when He humbled Himself to take on humanity so as to die in our place the torments of the crucifixion. That death and resurrection gives you the option to choose heaven over the hell that He warned us all about time and again.

Just wondering. I am always suspicious of someone doctrinaire and too sure of a thing that is unknowable.

My confidence is in the written truth of God's Holy Word. That's one difference between me and those who undermine the faith of others. I know Who He is personally. He is my Friend.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by DBT

Is that the best insult you can come up with Hastings?
Surprised you'd not be embarrassed to write that for others to read.

Do you think Jesus was God.

YES!
" For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:"
Ever read the book of Revelation?
Is Jesus simply a man or created being to you?

If so who was he talking about and praying to?

You are a non- trinitarian Unitarian Universalist.
You know the answer to this, but do not believe it even though the Trinity is described throughout the gospels.

If he wasn't how did a Jewish rabbi and prophet become a Christian God?

He didn't become a God. He always was from eternity past and ever will be God. He became a man when He humbled Himself to take on humanity so as to die in our place the torments of the crucifixion. That death and resurrection gives you the option to choose heaven over the hell that He warned us all about time and again.

My confidence is in the written truth of God's Holy Word. That's one difference between me and those who undermine the faith of others. I know Who He is personally. He is my Friend.

OK, what about the videos, are you personally appearing in them?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by EdM
Isn't there a site devoted to religion rather than hunting and the outdoors that would be more fitting to your throw? I would think such would be more than desired, all in the same camp and all...

The Campfires that I’ve sat around have a wide range of discussions far beyond just the outdoors.

Of course. But, If some ass hole like the unhappy noncamper was there not doing a damn thing but pushing his perverted idea of religion, he'd get run off.

How hard is it to simply not to participate in or pass over threads that one finds offensive?

How hard is it to use the Ignore function from those one dislikes?

Hard or easy have nothing to do with it. That's not how bulletin boards work.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don’t consider repentance a “work”.

Page 8 of 30 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 29 30

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (280Ackleyrized, 338Rules, 35, 6mmbrfan, 9 invisible), 996 guests, and 859 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,091
Posts18,522,123
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.