OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

I'm not John Hagee or Billy Graham.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
OK, you are not going to answer. I understand.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by doubleDs55
What is this repent?

The term "repent" as it applies to salvation does not mean "turn from sins.
Does God sin?
Never.
If you look up who in the Bible repented more than anyone else, it was God. That's because it is a change of mind. Sometimes He changes His mind at the request of His servants or when those suffering believers cry out to Him.

The Jewish people were told to quit trusting in the law and traditions of what became to be commonly taught in the Jewish religion and repent, meaning (change their minds ). Their Savior, Christ Jesus was beginning His ministry and preaching this as well. So they had to change their minds about the false belief they had in keeping the law and choose to believe in Christ.
Baptism was a work or first step of identifying with Christ AFTER they put their faith in Him...."that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ."
Details are in my original post as well as the links below.

God does not sin? The bible has its god cursing the whole world and the generations that follow over the actions of a naive couple, drowning the world, ordering wholesale slaughter, women, children, infants, livestock....that is sin on Grand Scale.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by DBT
What is this repent?

Does God sin?
Never.
If you look up who in the Bible repented more than anyone else, it was God. That's because it is a change of mind. Sometimes He changes His mind at the request of His servants or when those suffering believers cry out to Him.

The Jewish people were told to quit trusting in the law and traditions of what became to be commonly taught in the Jewish religion and repent, meaning (change their minds ). Their Savior, Christ Jesus was beginning His ministry and preaching this as well. So they had to change their minds about the false belief they had in keeping the law and choose to believe in Christ.
Baptism was a work or first step of identifying with Christ AFTER they put their faith in Him...."that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ."

God does not sin? The bible has its god cursing the whole world and the generations that follow over the actions of a naive couple, drowning the world, ordering wholesale slaughter, women, children, infants, livestock....that is sin on Grand Scale.

Oh well… there was another man who once questioned and accused God….God asked him a series of questions…this is just part of God’s responses:

“Then the Lord answered……out of the whirlwind….and said, Who is this that darkeneth (my) counsel by words without knowledge?”

Words without knowledge…. There you have it in a nutshell… you speak but speak without knowledge.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by DBT
What is this repent?

Does God sin?
Never.

Oh well… there was another man who once questioned and accused God….God asked him a series of questions…this is just part of God’s responses:

“Then the Lord answered……out of the whirlwind….and said, Who is this that darkeneth (my) counsel by words without knowledge?”

Words without knowledge…. There you have it in a nutshell… you speak but speak without knowledge.

I'm not making accusations. It is in the bible. I am merely pointing to what is written.

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
What is this repent?

Does God sin?
Never.

I'm not making accusations. It is in the bible. I am merely pointing to what is written.

Well sure you are making the allegation that God sins…. You end your statements with “….:that is sin on a grand scale.”

You don’t seem stupid so one would assume you know what you wrote… but then you try to deny it by saying you are not making an accusation…..you then just make yourself like ….well what…let me see…..wishy washy?…. Well yes but …. Maybe just just onlooker blurting out rash and poorly thought out nonsense…...like a *******?

Btw…. You seem to have your own odd, ill informed and unsubstantiated opinions about all sorts the biblical topics….so perhaps you can ponder this…. Did the fall of Lucifer happen before or after the creation of man?

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
What is this repent?

Does God sin?
Never.

Well sure you are making the allegation that God sins…. You end your statements with “….:that is sin on a grand scale.”

You don’t seem stupid so one would assume you know what you wrote… but then you try to deny it by saying you are not making an accusation…..you then just make yourself like ….well what…let me see…..wishy washy?…. Well yes but …. Maybe just just onlooker blurting out rash and poorly thought out nonsense…...like a *******?

Btw…. You seem to have your own odd, ill informed and unsubstantiated opinions about all sorts the biblical topics….so perhaps you can ponder this…. Did the fall of Lucifer happen before or after the creation of man?

How about god murders and orders for murders to be undertaken?

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
What is this repent?

Does God sin?
Never.

To break God given laws is considered to be a sin;

'''Whosoever commits SIN transgresses also the law: for SIN is the transgression of the law.'' - 1 JOHN 3:4

The laws represent Godly values, though shalt not kill, etc.....yet we have many descriptions of God not only killing the innocent (the first born of Egypt), and on a grand scale (the flood), but ordering his chosen tribe to commit wholesale slaughter, women children, animals, rape (keep the virgins for yourselves)

This is not something I am making up, it is there for all to see and read.

A God of Love, by definition, cannot resort to wholesale killing as a 'solution.'

''Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.''- 1 Corinthians

That's you. The problem is that you don't read objective material relating to the history and development of beliefs, that Adam and Eve, the Flood, etc, was borrowed from older cultures and adapted for the purpose of building an identity and religion for the tribe of Israel. Not to mention that Satan in Judaism is not the Devil of Christian theology.

Widen your reading. Inform yourself.

Last edited by DBT; 12/14/21.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Salvation isn’t based on Adam and Eve, the flood, Judaism, the Devil, the assertion that “the history and development of beliefs that was borrowed from older cultures and adapted for the purpose of building an identity and religion for the tribe of Israel,” or any other flippin’ thing along those lines. None of that, none, has anything to do with requirements for salvation.

Ancient Judaism is over with; it’s done. And it has been since August 6th in AD 70, when the four-year war between Rome and the Jewish rebels came to a violent conclusion. The Jewish temple was looted and burned and razed to the ground. Its destruction signaled the end of ancient Judaism. The words of the Old Covenant were preserved, but Israel’s ability to live in accordance with those words disappeared in a single day. Ancient Judaism...as prescribed by Moses at Mount Sinai...ceased to exist.

It’s pretty simple, and easy. Change your mind (repent) about your sin and your need for God’s forgiveness, believe the Gospel and accept His free gift of grace. That’s it.

Then let God’s love for you and for those around you inform your conscience and shape your behavior. Love God, and demonstrate your love for God by loving others. It’s a totally different way of approaching life, within the context of a brand New Covenant that says “your sin is paid for, now live a life that reflects the forgiveness of God as you mirror that in your forgiveness of the people around you.”

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
What is this repent?

Does God sin?
Never.

To break God given laws is considered to be a sin;

'''Whosoever commits SIN transgresses also the law: for SIN is the transgression of the law.'' - 1 JOHN 3:4

The laws represent Godly values, though shalt not kill, etc.....yet we have many descriptions of God not only killing the innocent (the first born of Egypt), and on a grand scale (the flood), but ordering his chosen tribe to commit wholesale slaughter, women children, animals, rape (keep the virgins for yourselves)

This is not something I am making up, it is there for all to see and read.

A God of Love, by definition, cannot resort to wholesale killing as a 'solution.'

''Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.''- 1 Corinthians

That's you. The problem is that you don't read objective material relating to the history and development of beliefs, that Adam and Eve, the Flood, etc, was borrowed from older cultures and adapted for the purpose of building an identity and religion for the tribe of Israel. Not to mention that Satan in Judaism is not the Devil of Christian theology.

Widen your reading. Inform yourself.

Wait a minute….you presumably don’t believe the Bible is the word of God….you rail against it…. Make rash and poorly thought accusations against God….”….utterances without knowledge..”

And then you try to use that very same Bible to rebuke me?

Nah, you just don’t like it when some one points out your nonsense for what it is.

Yep, you continue to make no sense and continue to “…. speak without knowledge…”

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
What is this repent?

Does God sin?
Never.

Well, let me ask you this….do you believe in the God of the Bible? Is the Bible the word of God?

If not, one would assume you to be an unbeliever…..

If not a believer , why are you even on this forum wasting your time?

More “…utterances without knowledge…” …… because that’s all you can do….

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antlers
Salvation isn’t based on Adam and Eve, the flood, Judaism, the Devil, the assertion that “the history and development of beliefs that was borrowed from older cultures and adapted for the purpose of building an identity and religion for the tribe of Israel,” or any other flippin’ thing along those lines. None of that, none, has anything to do with requirements for salvation.

Ancient Judaism is over with; it’s done. And it has been since August 6th in AD 70, when the four-year war between Rome and the Jewish rebels came to a violent conclusion. The Jewish temple was looted and burned and razed to the ground. Its destruction signaled the end of ancient Judaism. The words of the Old Covenant were preserved, but Israel’s ability to live in accordance with those words disappeared in a single day. Ancient Judaism...as prescribed by Moses at Mount Sinai...ceased to exist.

It’s pretty simple, and easy. Change your mind (repent) about your sin and your need for God’s forgiveness, believe the Gospel and accept His free gift of grace. That’s it.

Then let God’s love for you and for those around you inform your conscience and shape your behavior. Love God, and demonstrate your love for God by loving others. It’s a totally different way of approaching life, within the context of a brand New Covenant that says “your sin is paid for, now live a life that reflects the forgiveness of God as you mirror that in your forgiveness of the people around you.”

I do this when I sin as a believer who is in the family of God already. This is different from repentance for salvation.
When it comes to salvation, giving up sin, ie keeping the law, is a mandate forbidden in scripture. The only issue when it comes to salvation is that all sins, past and future have been paid in full by the only One Who could.
The repentance is from that belief that opposed complete faith in Christ. In this case, it would be a change of mind towards His complete atonement from a mixture of that and keeping the law. (See the book of Galatians)

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mrmarklin
Jonah 3

"Who can tell if God will turn and repent, and turn away from his fierce anger, that we perish not?
And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not."

Turning from sin is a work just like keeping the law.
Sin is transgression of the law. Therefore when someone tells you that you must "repent of your sins to be saved", they are issuing you an Unbiblical requirement or good works.
It might persuade God to change His mind about destroying a nation, but it's not a requirement He has for personal salvation from hell, if you get what I mean.
Again, we know that it's not works of righteousness that saves us.

Have you read the gospel of John, mrmarklin?

Acts 2. Read the whole chapter. John was present when this was uttered.

37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Yes, all of the disciples in Jerusalem were working hard that day. My points are this.

Repentance is considered a good work as it pertains to sins. Example is that we are tempted and it takes effort on our part to obey the many laws of God. That's the same as trying to turn from breaking the laws to keeping His laws. Those are works in the O.T. and N.T. There's many places, but the book of Galatians addresses it as a theme.

There's a place for this as applied to a national policy to stave off God's wrath and judgement as in Nineveh. However, it is not a requirement for personal salvation.

The theme of John's book is the person and gospel of salvation. John 20

"And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book:
But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name."

Do you know how many times the terms "repent and repentance" are used in this book that is written to the lost?

K
K22 Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
What is this repent?

Does God sin?
Never.

Don't forget that He and Jesus are setting up there in some Heaven plotting on nuking the Earth and most of the inhabitants. Sounds like a fun living entity doesn't it. OH, and then there's the He is no respecter of persons, BUT the Jews are His chosen people and they are the only people He recognized.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
What is this repent?

Does God sin?
Never.

Don't forget that He and Jesus are setting up there in some Heaven plotting on nuking the Earth and most of the inhabitants. Sounds like a fun living entity doesn't it. OH, and then there's the He is no respecter of persons, BUT the Jews are His chosen people and they are the only people He recognized.

Actually, the chosen are the children of Abraham.
Those are defined as anyone who agrees with God to accept His mercy and forgiveness by simply believing on His Son and His unlimited payment for all your sins.

Those physical descendents of Abraham also needed to believe that same Lord. When they were given a home base where Abraham lived, they were supposed to be a light for ALL NATIONS. They were given instructions to share the true God and His message with all people.

Those in the end when the Lord opens the judgement upon the earth will destroy those who hardened their hearts to a point that they made their final decision to reject God's mercy and forgiveness. These people decided to become devil worshippers and God rejected them.

The wise thing is to accept His forgiveness before the heart grows hard.
V

K
K22 Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
K
The only true God, how interesting. Is there a specific name or will any name suffice?

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
[quote=doubleDs55]What is this repent?

Does God sin?
Never.

n

Actually, the chosen are the children of Abraham.
Those are defined as anyone who agrees with God to accept His mercy and forgiveness by simply believing on His Son and His unlimited payment for all your sins.

Those physical descendents of Abraham also needed to believe that same Lord. When they were given a home base where Abraham lived, they were supposed to be a light for ALL NATIONS. They were given instructions to share the true God and His message with all people.

Those in the end when the Lord opens the judgement upon the earth will destroy those who hardened their hearts to a point that they made their final decision to reject God's mercy and forgiveness. These people decided to become devil worshippers and God rejected them.

The wise thing is to accept His forgiveness before the heart grows hard.
V

I see you're very comfortable changing the meaning of words and phrases to suit your needs.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

The Bible basics are clear on what I just said.
I wrote a whole chapter on the subject for anyone to read if they go back to each of my posts. The videos amount to a book. It's not difficult for anyone with ears to hear.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Jimmy Swaggart then?

FJB & FJT
K
K22 Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
K

The Bible basics are clear on what I just said.
I wrote a whole chapter on the subject for anyone to read if they go back to each of my posts. The videos amount to a book. It's not difficult for anyone with ears to hear.

I never found them clear, especially when you try and read that book literally. But I see you never answered my question.

Page 12 of 30 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 29 30

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

326 members (160user, 22kHornet, 22magnut, 1OntarioJim, 257robertsimp, 06hunter59, 34 invisible), 1,375 guests, and 1,017 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,094
Posts18,522,187
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.