Page 13 of 30 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 29 30
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper

The Bible basics are clear on what I just said.
I wrote a whole chapter on the subject for anyone to read if they go back to each of my posts. The videos amount to a book. It's not difficult for anyone with ears to hear.

I never found them clear, especially when you try and read that book literally. But I see you never answered my question.

As The Science is to Fauci, so Biblical hermeneutics are to HC.

He is like the baptist pope; one need only ask his interpretation and then rest knowing that is correct.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
This is why I rejected Bill Graham's false gospel.

https://www.kjv1611only.com/video/1...cement_Billy_Graham_Is_Still_In_Hell.mp4

However, this is who I believe instead.
How about YOU?

"Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it."
*Jesus

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
It's a waste of time to argue about religion. The born-agains believe in faith, not logic. You can't win by arguing evidence vs. faith.

Today I heard on the radio that 29% of Americans, the largest group, now identify as "none" when asked their religion. Up from 19% three years ago. I'm not sure this is good. The mainstream churches need to do something new instead of the same old dirgy hymns and rituals.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
With all due respect Happ, you are wrong.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wabigoon

Oh, it’s on now !

Clamper just got spanked by the nicest, oldest Christian on the Fire.

Losing friends and worshippers daily is how this POS landed here.

LMFAO

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by doubleDs55
What is this repent?

The term "repent" as it applies to salvation does not mean "turn from sins.
Does God sin?
Never.
If you look up who in the Bible repented more than anyone else, it was God. That's because it is a change of mind. Sometimes He changes His mind at the request of His servants or when those suffering believers cry out to Him.

The Jewish people were told to quit trusting in the law and traditions of what became to be commonly taught in the Jewish religion and repent, meaning (change their minds ). Their Savior, Christ Jesus was beginning His ministry and preaching this as well. So they had to change their minds about the false belief they had in keeping the law and choose to believe in Christ.
Baptism was a work or first step of identifying with Christ AFTER they put their faith in Him...."that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ."
Details are in my original post as well as the links below.

God does not sin? The bible has its god cursing the whole world and the generations that follow over the actions of a naive couple, drowning the world, ordering wholesale slaughter, women, children, infants, livestock....that is sin on Grand Scale.

Oh well… there was another man who once questioned and accused God….God asked him a series of questions…this is just part of God’s responses:

“Then the Lord answered……out of the whirlwind….and said, Who is this that darkeneth (my) counsel by words without knowledge?”

Words without knowledge…. There you have it in a nutshell… you speak but speak without knowledge.

I'm not making accusations. It is in the bible. I am merely pointing to what is written.

Well sure you are making the allegation that God sins…. You end your statements with “….:that is sin on a grand scale.”

You don’t seem stupid so one would assume you know what you wrote… but then you try to deny it by saying you are not making an accusation…..you then just make yourself like ….well what…let me see…..wishy washy?…. Well yes but …. Maybe just just onlooker blurting out rash and poorly thought out nonsense…...like a *******?

Btw…. You seem to have your own odd, ill informed and unsubstantiated opinions about all sorts the biblical topics….so perhaps you can ponder this…. Did the fall of Lucifer happen before or after the creation of man?

How about god murders and orders for murders to be undertaken?

Well, let me ask you this….do you believe in the God of the Bible? Is the Bible the word of God?

If not, one would assume you to be an unbeliever…..

If not a believer , why are you even on this forum wasting your time?

More “…utterances without knowledge…” …… because that’s all you can do….

If you can't refute a claim, may as well try misdirection hey?

How about god is a murderer and directs others to murder also - refer your bible if you need to.

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Oh, it’s on now !

LMFAO

🦫

I think wabigoon just made it onto Holy Crapper's Christmas edition reprobate list.

Well?
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Fair enough. What do you think about the quote at 1:10 mark?

https://www.kjv1611only.com/video/1...cement_Billy_Graham_Is_Still_In_Hell.mp4

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

God does not sin? The bible has its god cursing the whole world and the generations that follow over the actions of a naive couple, drowning the world, ordering wholesale slaughter, women, children, infants, livestock....that is sin on Grand Scale.

Oh well… there was another man who once questioned and accused God….God asked him a series of questions…this is just part of God’s responses:

“Then the Lord answered……out of the whirlwind….and said, Who is this that darkeneth (my) counsel by words without knowledge?”

Words without knowledge…. There you have it in a nutshell… you speak but speak without knowledge.

I'm not making accusations. It is in the bible. I am merely pointing to what is written.

Well sure you are making the allegation that God sins…. You end your statements with “….:that is sin on a grand scale.”

You don’t seem stupid so one would assume you know what you wrote… but then you try to deny it by saying you are not making an accusation…..you then just make yourself like ….well what…let me see…..wishy washy?…. Well yes but …. Maybe just just onlooker blurting out rash and poorly thought out nonsense…...like a *******?

Btw…. You seem to have your own odd, ill informed and unsubstantiated opinions about all sorts the biblical topics….so perhaps you can ponder this…. Did the fall of Lucifer happen before or after the creation of man?

Well, let me ask you this….do you believe in the God of the Bible? Is the Bible the word of God?

How about god is a murderer and directs others to murder also - refer your bible if you need to.
[/quote]

Oh…? You are asking me to refute an allegation made by a non-believer against a God he pretends or does not believe exists?

Proverbs provides some counsel here….”….do not argue with a fool….”

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Wabigoon,

No worries. We can disagree.
My pastor for over ten years disagreed with me too.
He had the gospel right at the time, but he never listened closely to the requirements that Graham added to faith during the invitations.

Would it be wrong for an unbelieving sinner to add to faith in the sacrifice of Christ....?
A. Giving his own life to pay for his own sins?
B. Giving up sins and being obedient to the law?
C. Deny self
D. Surrender his own life and heart to God to receive Christ
E. Willing to obey Him, take a stand for Jesus no matter what the cost.
F. Love God with all of his heart, mind and soul
G. Make God THE priority in his life
H. Make Him his Lord
I. Follow and serve Jesus as his disciple and follower
J. Obey God in respect to His many commands. Make a big change in his behaviors?

Would you disagree with this list?

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 12/15/21.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H/C: You have posted a good many videos and have been inviting members to private message you. I wonder if you are the performer in some of these videos. And I wonder if you are seeking members and donations for your ministry? Kind of a backdoor approach? There is something odd going on with you and your postings.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

Oh…? You are asking me to refute an allegation made by a non-believer against a God he pretends or does not believe exists?

No, I'm undertaking a "critical thinking" exercise and seeing if you will refute, or otherwise, what is provided in the bible, your reference document.

At this stage I have to say that my conclusion is that TF49 is unwilling to refute the statement "God murders and orders for murders to be undertaken."

It kinda looks like you are actively avoiding a hairy topic that you can't properly address to even satisfy yourself, but that's just my speculation.

Well?
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by doubleDs55
What is this repent?

The term "repent" as it applies to salvation does not mean "turn from sins.
Does God sin?
Never.
If you look up who in the Bible repented more than anyone else, it was God. That's because it is a change of mind. Sometimes He changes His mind at the request of His servants or when those suffering believers cry out to Him.

The Jewish people were told to quit trusting in the law and traditions of what became to be commonly taught in the Jewish religion and repent, meaning (change their minds ). Their Savior, Christ Jesus was beginning His ministry and preaching this as well. So they had to change their minds about the false belief they had in keeping the law and choose to believe in Christ.
Baptism was a work or first step of identifying with Christ AFTER they put their faith in Him...."that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ."
Details are in my original post as well as the links below.

To break God given laws is considered to be a sin;

'''Whosoever commits SIN transgresses also the law: for SIN is the transgression of the law.'' - 1 JOHN 3:4

The laws represent Godly values, though shalt not kill, etc.....yet we have many descriptions of God not only killing the innocent (the first born of Egypt), and on a grand scale (the flood), but ordering his chosen tribe to commit wholesale slaughter, women children, animals, rape (keep the virgins for yourselves)

This is not something I am making up, it is there for all to see and read.

A God of Love, by definition, cannot resort to wholesale killing as a 'solution.'

''Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.''- 1 Corinthians

That's you. The problem is that you don't read objective material relating to the history and development of beliefs, that Adam and Eve, the Flood, etc, was borrowed from older cultures and adapted for the purpose of building an identity and religion for the tribe of Israel. Not to mention that Satan in Judaism is not the Devil of Christian theology.

Widen your reading. Inform yourself.

Wait a minute….you presumably don’t believe the Bible is the word of God….you rail against it…. Make rash and poorly thought accusations against God….”….utterances without knowledge..”

And then you try to use that very same Bible to rebuke me?

Nah, you just don’t like it when some one points out your nonsense for what it is.

Yep, you continue to make no sense and continue to “…. speak without knowledge…”

I'm not railing against the bible. I am pointing out its history, its development in terms of theology and moral values (OT atrocities, etc) and inconsistencies, which are undeniable.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hastings
H/C: You have posted a good many videos and have been inviting members to private message you. I wonder if you are the performer in some of these videos. And I wonder if you are seeking members and donations for your ministry? Kind of a backdoor approach? There is something odd going on with you and your postings.

The one who accused a good pastor of arson without so much as a scrap of evidence after an extremely thorough investigation is more than a little odd. You know who I'm talking to.....Hastings

Did you know that there was a trial that included dirty cops who falsely accused Jesus of a felony?
Sounds like you are used to this.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 12/15/21.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Today I heard on the radio that 29% of Americans, the largest group, now identify as "none" when asked their religion. Up from 19% three years ago. I'm not sure this is good. The mainstream churches need to do something new instead of the same old dirgy hymns and rituals.
Yep. Clearly. And anytime churches take steps to make their settings more appealing, their communication more engaging, and their content more helpful…they’re castigated by many ‘Christians’ and the churches they go to who are responsible for the very things you mentioned above.

“They’ve turned their worship services into concert venues.” They’ve started preaching ‘feel good’ messages instead of ‘preaching the Bible.” “They don’t even preach about hell…!” “It’s not Biblical to have women pastors.” “You don’t need audio-visual equipment and rock music to preach the Gospel.” And so on, and so on, and so on, etc., ad nauseam.

This kinda crap from many of the very churches (and many in their congregations) that are hemorrhaging members and actually driving people away with their approach. It’s not Jesus that the ‘nones’ aren’t attracted to ~ it’s many ‘Christians’ and their churches.

In order to reach people that no one else is reaching, you gotta do things that no one else is doing. The human condition and social conditions change. I’m not advocating for theological change. This is purely methodological.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Oh, it’s on now !

LMFAO

🦫

I think wabigoon just made it onto Holy Crapper's Christmas edition reprobate list.

If Wabigoon's a reprobate we're all screwed.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire. Matthew 5:22

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hastings

The one who accused a good pastor of arson without so much as a scrap of evidence after an extremely thorough investigation is more than a little odd. You know who I'm talking to.....Hastings
Did you know that there was a trial that included dirty cops who falsely accused Jesus of a felony?
Sounds like you are used to this.
You are absolutely correct, I have no idea who started that fire or why, so if I did accuse a particular person of starting a fire I apologize. The only information I had was from reports such as the information you posted.
Help me remember what I said about the church arson. Did I say the pastor did it or did I say something to the effect that he should be looked at as a possibility? If you can find it please repost it without editing please.
Very often the arsonist has a close connection to the place burned. I was a professional firefighter for several years. More often than you might think fires are started by (usually young) volunteer firefighters seeking attention. And preachers have staged attacks on themselves or their churches for various reasons, usually to get attention and claim persecution. Law officers have many times shot up their own vehicles to claim an assassination attempt. It would not be unusual for a preacher to fake an attack and any competent investigator would consider that.

Oh by the way, are you appearing personally in any of your videos?

Last edited by Hastings; 12/15/21. Reason: added two sentences

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
The word repent is used 105 times in the Bible. John the Baptist preached on it before he baptized Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ preached on it.
"Except ye repent, ye shqll qll likewise perish." Luke 13:3

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by the_shootist
The word repent is used 105 times in the Bible. John the Baptist preached on it before he baptized Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ preached on it.
"Except ye repent, ye shqll qll likewise perish." Luke 13:3
AMEN, Jesus and John were not just saying that to hear themselves talk. If you believe Jesus message is God's message it would be a good idea to pay attention to what He said and not what someone claims he forgot to tell us in his 3 years of active preaching and prophesying.

Page 13 of 30 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 29 30

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

64 members (338reddog, 10gaugemag, anothergun, 9 invisible), 871 guests, and 888 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,091
Posts18,522,118
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.