Print Thread
Hop To
Page 16 of 25 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 24 25
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by UncleAlps
Out of state folks can hike in the wilderness areas and fish in the wilderness areas without a guide. They just can't hunt there. It's a dumb law, meant to protect outfitters and guides. There are ways around it such as hunting with friends or family who are residents.

Chances are that unless you are a horse packer your not hunting very far into a wilderness area without someone like an outfitter to help you. If you go a mIle in and pack your game out on your back then there will likely be no one to cause you trouble.

Trust me I go a helluva alot farther than 1 mile in on my back

GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by sherm_61
I'm as conservative as they come Buzzy, never voted for a liberal in the 42 years ive been voting and I agree with states right as well as property rights.
Your twisting things again IS WYOMING WILDERNESS PUBLIC LAND? Simple yes or no will do.
If I have to cross wilderness land while hunting to get to forest service or BLM is it corner crossing.
So not advocating for Non residents to hunt Wyoming public wilderness land is wasting BHA time, ahhh I get it now and I'm sure plenty of others do to what's good for the goose is not always good for the gander.
Glad you cleared that up Buzz.
How does managing wildlife have anything to do with non residents in wyoming hunting wilderness LAME EXCUSE Buzz and im sure there's plenty that will agree with that.

I can't make you understand state rights...I could recommend remedial 7th grade civics but it likely wouldn't work any better the second time.

I also can't make you understand that states manage wildlife any way they choose.

It's codified in federal law... Google is your avenue to educate yourself.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I cant seem to make you understand stand PUBLIC LAND IS PUBLIC LAND NO MATTER WHICH STATE ITS IN!!!! 1rst grade logic!!!!
Anybody disagree but Buzz? Dont states manage wildlife by season dates and tags? Wyoming doesn't have any problem selling NR tags just were they can hunt or not hunt, so why management arguement has nothing to do with public wyoming wilderness non resident access without a guide or resident correct or corner crossing.
Love how you try and deflect.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I cant seem to make you understand stand PUBLIC LAND IS PUBLIC LAND NO MATTER WHICH STATE ITS IN!!!! 1rst grade logic!!!!
Anybody disagree but Buzz? Dont states manage wildlife by season dates and tags? Wyoming doesn't have any problem selling NR tags just were they can hunt or not hunt, so why management arguement has nothing to do with public wyoming wilderness non resident access without a guide or resident correct or corner crossing.
Love how you try and deflect.

You're confused.

Nobody is keeping you from accessing wilderness in Wyoming.

You can use it 365 days a year, and that's a fact

You do not have ANY right to our wildlife. Wyoming residents can not allow a single non resident to hunt the n our state. Your state has the same right.

North Dakota, as an example does not issue a single non resident moose license.

Wyoming can legally set limits on where a non resident is allowed to hunt it's big game, trophy game, or any other wildlife within it's borders.

You simply are not grasping that the wilderness guide law only applies to where a non resident hunting our state is allowed to hunt them. It's a hunting regulation.

You're free to access all the wilderness you want in wyoming, nobody is stopping you.

Simple...no different than Alaska requiring nrs to be guided for some species.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
No I'm not free to access wyoming wilderness to hunt if I have a tag in my POCKET, UNLESS I HUNT WITH A RESIDENT OR GUIDE CORRECT? Your confused Buzz.
Once Again CAN I HUNT WYOMING WILDERNESS IF I DRAW A NR TAG WITHOUT A RESIDENT OR GUIDE?
YES OR NO!
Now isn't that a simple yes or no answer. The question is if I'm hunting not just access correct?
I have just as much right if I have a legal tag wether I'm resident or NR resident to public land right?

Last edited by sherm_61; 12/15/21.
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I think people are starting to see what's going on here Buzz, public land access is good if it fits your and BHA narrative but us NR it doesn't in wyoming.
Never would I have thought I would have supported Wilderness law like wyomings but the more I listen to your LAME ASS reason I'm beginning to think I would.
Nothing but a fugging hypocrite Buzz

Last edited by sherm_61; 12/15/21.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
No I'm not free to access wyoming wilderness to hunt if I have a tag in my POCKET, UNLESS I HUNT WITH A RESIDENT OR GUIDE CORRECT? Your confused Buzz.
Once Again CAN I HUNT WYOMING WILDERNESS IF I DRAW A NR TAG WITHOUT A RESIDENT OR GUIDE?
YES OR NO!
Now isn't that a simple yes or no answer. The question is if I'm hunting not just access correct?
I have just as much right if I have a legal tag wether I'm resident or NR resident to public land right?

Yes, you can hunt birds, fur bearing animals, predators, small game without a guide or resident in Wyoming wilderness areas.

For the last time, Wyoming has a state right to limit nr hunting any way we choose to. That includes where, with what weapon, when, license fees we charge, number of tags we issue, etc

That's true in every State.

You are being limited to where you hunt our big and trophy game, not access to wilderness. You can use any wilderness in Wyoming you want, you just can't hunt our wildlife when and where you want.

They're called hunting regulations for a reason.

If you feel so strongly about Wyoming's wilderness guide law, start a group and oppose it. I'll donate if you come up with a legal argument....

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I think people are starting to see what's going on here Buzz, public land access is good if it fits your and BHA narrative but us NR it doesn't in wyoming.
Never would I have thought I would have supported Wilderness law like wyomings but the more I listen to your LAME ASS reason I'm beginning to think I would.
Nothing but a fugging hypocrite Buzz

Right, we hate nrs so much we're raising funds to pay the legal defense expenses of 4 nrs from Missouri.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by adam32
O.K these guys in the corner crossing case were crossing to go hunting right? Backcountry HUNTERS and anglers is suppose to represent hunters right? So why aren't they representing non resident hunters who wanna hunt in Wyoming wilderness without a guide or resident.
The arguement is its everbodys public land right?
BHA wouldnt even need hunters to go to court to challenge this if they didn't wanna just pick and choose.

Maybe since it hasn't gone to court? I have no idea and that has nothing to do with corner crossing.

Start a new thread if you're concerned about BHA's involvement in accessing public wilderness lands. Ask RMEF, etc why they haven't represented hunters in wilderness land while you're at it.

It has went to court and it was affirmed that any state can manage its game as it sees fit. Part of the way Wyoming does this is by limiting where NR can hunt. I wish MT would do the same and also exclude NR from WSA's as well.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Been following this thread and find it about normal for the 'Fire. I hate the WY NR wilderness STATE law. Hate it. I've hunted in every surrounding state's wilderness area, have fished, hiked, and backpacked in WY wilderness areas - but can't hunt there as a NR.

As much as I hate that stance, the wildlife of EVERY state is the property of the STATE, regardless of who wants to use that resource. The STATE manages the wildlife inside their borders - even on public land. The land and the animals are 2 separate entities. We can dislike, rant/rave about that all we want - it's a fact and has been litigated numerous times - and lost every time.

Comparing the WY corner crossing case to a state's wildlife access is mental masturbation at its finest. And won't change the longstanding fact of the state managing the wildlife inside its borders. Period.

The BHA argument is always entertaining. I'm wondering if any one of the posters vehemently objecting to BHA defending the 4 dudes from MO would turn down assistance from BHA defending their decision/case? I'm sure the keyboard answer will be absolutely not.........

At least until it's them in the situation.

I also find entertaining the argument that X organization is only doing Y to garner "the spotlight" , national attention, what's in their best interest, etc. I'm pretty sure every human being does that to some extent. Organizations do it - its called "strategic thinking". If you don't like it, don't contribute or participate. I'd also expect if BHA does help successfully defend this case, those that are vehemently opposed to BHA iinvolvement will be so ideologically against the BHA involvement to bring their own suit and not partake of the success until they do it the "right way". I'm guessing that won't happen either.

Rave on......

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
B walker maybe its time montana and Idaho follows wyomings wilderness laws regarding hunting.
Give Buzzs buddy Land something to really bitch about.
I find it ironic BHA hammers on montana govt. about the sweetheart deals there trying to give the guides and outfitters and Buzz thinks its just fine in wyoming because its managing wildlife and its states rights.
There is one thing I can agree with you Buzz every state has the right to manage there game as they see fit, still doesn't change the fact that Wyoming wilderness is PUBLIC LAND that BHA vehemently states everybody has the right to hunt it, your slogan should say except Wyoming.
Wasn't what Montana proposing just recently in the name of management Buzz, what did BHA have to say about that?

Last edited by sherm_61; 12/16/21.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
This has nothing to do with the wilderness rule, and let's face it, nothing to do with the BHA mothership in Bozeman. They clearly didn't want much to do with this (possibly) monumental case.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
B walker maybe its time montana and Idaho follows wyomings wilderness laws regarding hunting.
Give Buzzs buddy Land something to really bitch about.
I find it ironic BHA hammers on montana govt. about the sweetheart deals there trying to give the guides and outfitters and Buzz thinks its just fine in wyoming because its managing wildlife and its states rights.
There is one thing I can agree with you Buzz every state has the right to manage there game as they see fit, still doesn't change the fact that Wyoming wilderness is PUBLIC LAND that BHA vehemently states everybody has the right to hunt it, your slogan should say except Wyoming.
Wasn't what Montana proposing just recently in the name of management Buzz, what did BHA have to say about that?

Montana citizens have the right to elect the government they deserve and to manage their wildlife as they see fit.

If they like politicians that favor giving big game tags to rich landowners that it takes average citizen hunters decades to draw, that's up to them. If they like the idea if giving away opportunity to outfitters, it's up to Montana citizens to decide.

If Montana politicians and hunters want to kill every elk, deer, and pronghorn in the state and only allow outfitters and landowners to do it...your state your choice.

I was born and lived in Montana for over 30 years, have hunted there every year since 1979...but I'm a guest there now. It's up to the citizens of Montana to determine the fate of it's wildlife...just the same as the 49 other states.

While I may disagree with how other states manage their wildlife, I still fundamentally agree with their right to do what they feel is best.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Its not a management issue Buzz, no matter how you wanna spin it.
What does BHA front page website say? I'll remind you.
The voice for our wild public lands, correct?
Should say except Wyoming.
Come on Buzz walk the walk and stop being a hypocrite, you either live by the BHA motto or dont and quit hiding behind management.

Last edited by sherm_61; 12/16/21.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

Sherm has to be messing around, there is no way any supposed grown man can be this stupid.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by callnum

Sherm has to be messing around, there is no way any supposed grown man can be this stupid.

Your showing us, so you agree with Buzz

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Makes you feel good calling people stupid dont it callnum.
When you ride down Kalispell on your whit horse atleastbill know who you are. Feeble little men name calling is all they got

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
[Linked Image]
This is what us road hunters do.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Come on Buzz walk the walk and stop being a hypocrite, you either live by the BHA motto or dont and quit hiding behind management.

The law and the courts disagree. Your quarrel is with them.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I'm not disputing the law or courts Buzz never mentioned anything about that.
I gotta give you credit though you got alot more substance than your buddy Callnum all he has is name calling.

Page 16 of 25 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 24 25

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

76 members (7mm_Loco, 338Rules, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 35, 375sunrise, 12 invisible), 1,462 guests, and 770 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,082
Posts18,501,654
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.