Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#16741706 12/19/21
T
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Have any of you guys bought any new carhartt coats? I have some older ones, and the new ones can't hold a candle to them. Has carhartt started making stuff overseas, or are they just making junk like everybody else?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Haven’t bought a new one in YEARS. Still have a couple of older ones. At least 10 years old or older.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
They are good, I question if they a better buy than Key's.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I've noticed the same thing in Carhartt shirts. They are now made elsewhere, and the quality has declined.

The original Frito Bandito!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In another thread,

Some one papered that carhartt got woke.

Maybe that’s the problem.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by skfullen
I've noticed the same thing in Carhartt shirts. They are now made elsewhere, and the quality has declined.

Yep. Still better than most T-shirts though. And still have pockets. Hard to find a good T-shirt with pockets, nowadays.
So I still buy Carhartts.

I really like their work jeans.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
The rain defender 1/4 zip hooded sweatshirt is tough as nails. Live in one all winter. Their pants are still decent or at least good as anything else for the price.
Still have a chore jacket with the blanket liner from around 1992ish. Still in good shape

Last edited by jackmountain; 12/19/21.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I do know they quit making their double front pants in loden green. I have enough new ones to last me a few years.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have some carhartt hoodies fairly new. tough as nails

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You have to pay attention to the labels they've branched into stretch, quick dry and that kind of stuff. You can still get the original heavy duck if that's what you want make sure that's what you're buying.

IC B3

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by thumbcocker
Have any of you guys bought any new carhartt coats? I have some older ones, and the new ones can't hold a candle to them. Has carhartt started making stuff overseas, or are they just making junk like everybody else?

I bought a new Carhartt "Yukon Extremes" coat a month ago for working in winter cold temps. I have worn it every day since. I can not tell you where it was manufactured. i can tell you it is worth every penny of the $180 purchase price.

The shell is water resistant cordura type nylon, the insulation is 3M insulate. It is very wind resistant.

The nylon shell is much superior to cotton duck for anything except hot work and campfire sparks.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Mine are all old, had them a long.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by thumbcocker

Yes & yes.

More & more overseas products. Trying to make every type of clothing a person could wear, as apposed to the basic hardcore line that they used to specialize in.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Bought my first Carhartt product a month or so ago, one of these: https://www.murdochs.com/products/m...s-quilted-flannel-lined-duck-active-jac/

I needed something heavier for hunting and snowmobile riding when doing chores and figured I'd see what the Carhartt stuff was like.

Best jacket I've ever had...very comfortable, warm as could be, sheds snow nicely and I can rip around on the snowmobile in freezing temps with no problem, almost as good as the snowmobile clothing I have. I was at the MSU football game yesterday and I don't think the temps ever broke 20 degrees, but I never noticed the cold. Whether it lasts is to be seen, but I'm pretty happy with it so far.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by wabigoon
They are good, I question if they a better buy than Key's.

I agree. I have a Carhartt coat and sweatshirt, but my bibs are key. Damn things wear better than the Carhartt's.

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Carhartt moved their manufacturing from Mexico to India other places. I think they are trying to follow Filson's lead with their new "styles".

I bought a enough from STP on closeout to last me the rest of my life grin

The rain defender sweat shirts are legit, that's probably the only thing they make I'm interested in. My Scheels wool blend Hoodie spanks Carhartts Azz though.

I'm here to increase my social credit score and rub elbows with some of the highest rollers on the internet.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Remson, that one has a good zipper which of course is a good thing.
(loved to see the Cats win, probably a fun atmosphere!)

Last year I bought/ordered a fancy Carhartt 'work' coat.

Nice coat(not the heavy weight duck) but has a cheese dick POS [bleep] excuse for a zipper. I was pissed but didn't send it back.

https://dungarees.com/carhartt-1044...?&cs=BLK&size=LRGTLL&cid=953

Last edited by SamOlson; 12/19/21.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I haven't bought any coats or bibs in a few years, but as Salty said, they still seem to have their original strength stuff if you look for it.

I have recently started trying some of their shirts and pants. My best find in a long time is their flannel lined blue jeans. Talk about fartin' in high cotton...those jeans are dynamite!

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Carhartt now insulates the full fount of the bibs, and as Sam said, they also now have a zipper.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Remson, that one has a good zipper which of course is a good thing.
(loved to see the Cats win, probably a fun atmosphere!)

Last year I bought/ordered a fancy Carhartt 'work' coat.

Nice coat(not the heavy weight duck) but has a cheese dick POS [bleep] excuse for a zipper. I was pissed but didn't send it back.

https://dungarees.com/carhartt-1044...?&cs=BLK&size=LRGTLL&cid=953

That game was something else...I snagged great seats by a stroke of luck (I was listening to the previous game against Sam Houston and the announcer said that tickets for the semi finals would go on sale in a few minutes after the game ended, and I got through before the scalpers could grab the good seats). Some of those kids can really play tough football. I am not such a fan of a QB who runs the ball about 80% of the time, but so far it's worked.

As for the Carhartt, the zipper is hell for stout. Only thing I don't like is the two external pockets, which have nothing to keep them closed and are at an angle. I tend to stuff things in the outside pockets that will fall out (like ammo, a range finder, keys) and prefer pocket that can be closed up. I guess people don't like the look of zipped pockets on the outside, but I don't give a dang about looks. Small nit for an otherwise good product at a fair price.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (1minute, 10gaugeman, 1lessdog, 1Longbow, 1936M71, 1800topsoil, 65 invisible), 2,392 guests, and 1,304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,692
Posts18,494,126
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.