Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Price is a lot cheaper than the Diehard I bought in Advance Auto Parts. I have a few vehicles in need.

AGM worth the extra cost?

Vehicles are an F150 and a couple of 4runners.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

GB1

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I'd think they would be just fine.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It’s what I typically buy if I can, have changed out several in their parking lot. (You might be a redneck, if...). The ones in the ‘96 7.3 F250 are at least 5 years old now, so I’m happy with that. The ones in the Taco lasted either five or six years. The price and warranty are attractive, and their mechanics appear to be able to walk and chew gum at the same time.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If they were closer I'd certainly consider using them, as I have in the past, their tires also.

But, being very rural and having a Les Schwab here, I gave up on the Costco auto stuff even given the good results I had with them over the years. A lot closer to go to the Schwabie's here, than take a 3 hr drive to the nearest Costco for a warranty or age related replacement.

Dutch, might be that Costco pays their mechanics a decent wage and can keep a suitable mechanic or two around?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I always go with the Costco batteries if they have what I need.
Was disappointed when they lowered the warranty on their deep cycle batteries to 1 year.
I guess there's too many idiots that don't know how to keep their boat or RV batteries charged and simply return them to Costco.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Valsdad
If they were closer I'd certainly consider using them, as I have in the past, their tires also.

But, being very rural and having a Les Schwab here, I gave up on the Costco auto stuff even given the good results I had with them over the years. A lot closer to go to the Schwabie's here, than take a 3 hr drive to the nearest Costco for a warranty or age related replacement.

Dutch, might be that Costco pays their mechanics a decent wage and can keep a suitable mechanic or two around?

They may eve offer, shudder, BENEFITS!

Schwab has gone to heck since the old man died. I used to buy all my tires there, and running a 22 wheel semi rig, skid steers, a bunch of farm trucks, trailers, and personal vehicles, I used to spend as much as five figures a year there. I’d call, they’d send a guy to the farm, swap the tires, give me a decent case credit, and I’d send them money. Win-win.

Then the old man died, and they went full on accountant ruled. Went in there for a tire rotation, so I asked the mechanic to tell me what the pads looked like while he had it up and the wheels were off.

I was presented with a $80 “brake inspection” invoice. I asked the (new) manager if he was serious; he said he was. So I paid the bill and haven’t been back since.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well scheidt,

I wonder if that's a "manager" issue as I just swapped the summers for winter treads on both the vehicles and there was no charge for the brake inspection.

The manager that was here when we arrived left for a bigger store in the Tacoma area, closer to his or his wife's family as I recall too. I'm not as much of a fan of the new manager.

Sad to hear it seems to have gone "corporate". I best hope they don't get bought out by Bass Pro Shops.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've used nothing but costco battery for probably 15 years now across several vehicles and have had no problems.

W
WTF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Interstate batteries aren't a Costco house brand. They're a very good battery, however.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

I've had good luck with them.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WTF
Interstate batteries aren't a Costco house brand. They're a very good battery, however.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

There are only 2 companies making batteries, Interstate is just branded as that to their specs.

MM

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Originally Posted by WTF

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

There are only 2 companies making batteries, Interstate is just branded as that to their specs.

MM

This. A best buy as far as I'm concerned.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Interstate is all I use on the farm for all of my trucks, my wife's Lexus, my equipment, tractors, etc., my 4 wheelers and golf cart and even my solar panels energy storage ... although I am going to be switching-over to more modern chemistry in 2022 for the solar energy storage.

I have bought quite a few batteries from Costco. The Interstate guarantee applies just like it does everywhere else.

What you think about, you do ... what you do, you become.
In a nation where anything goes ... eventually, everything will. We're almost there.
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
You’d be a fool to buy anything else

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

Costco tires are "price point" tires.............Batteries probably are too.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by SCRooster
Interstate is all I use on the farm for all of my trucks, my wife's Lexus, my equipment, tractors, etc., my 4 wheelers and golf cart and even my solar panels energy storage ... although I am going to be switching-over to more modern chemistry in 2022 for the solar energy storage.

I have bought quite a few batteries from Costco. The Interstate guarantee applies just like it does everywhere else.

Except you can only return a Costco Interstate battery to Costco. It's labeled right on the battery. It's not a big deal unless you are away from home and have a problem.

FWIW I have only had 1 problem with a Costco battery and it went bad in a little less than a year.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by cisco1

Costco tires are "price point" tires.............Batteries probably are too.

Even the high end Michelin tires?

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
No, the Interstate batteries are a premium brand. I buy nothing else.

Price is probably lower because Costco buys a kajillion of them at a time, just like everything else they sell.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing -- Edmund Burke
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by czech1022
No, the Interstate batteries are a premium brand. I buy nothing else.

Price is probably lower because Costco buys a kajillion of them at a time, just like everything else they sell.

Right. Interstate is top of the line until you start getting into the gel stuff.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Best part about them is there's no hassle when you want to warranty one. I get tired of arguing with the local tire shop trying to get a battery warrantied The local guys always say it's not completely gone yet. If you charge it overnight it'll still turn your starter over a few times. They always tried to push a darling battery just past warranty.

If a Costco one starts to go you just take it right in and they replace it.

Bb

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

586 members (12344mag, 160user, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 1234, 16gage, 53 invisible), 2,457 guests, and 1,247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,408
Posts18,470,229
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.