-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
So don’t be pattin yourself on the back just coz you get whizzy about y’all, yall, ya’ll, sammich

JFC

GB1

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
What a stupid topic...

Can we please talk about the Rona some more?

Every single post on page 1 and 2 being about the Rona... would be uber kool.

Do nobody actually do anything fun... or outdoorsy anymore?

To begin:

Isaiah 1:18

“Come now, let us settle the matter,” says the Lord.

“Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool."

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Every time I read someone's post on the Fire referencing ghetto language, ebonics or other utter bastardization of the English language, I chuckle and think of all of our members doing the exact same thing utilizing the phrases and terms within this thread, myself included. The people of this country are voluntarily creating a second Tower of Babel.

Oh, so that I contribute more than cynicism to the thread: "Just sayin", "prolly", "prezactly", "boolits", "pills", "nuff said".

By the way, to the OP, this is one of the more interesting threads we've had in quite a while.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
'splain

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
PROJECTILE POINTS, BULLET TIPS

For $hit sakes, they’re bullets, but people are still so stupid they refer to ammunition as “bullets” or “shells”.

HARVEST

Farmers harvest corn, when you shoot an animal you kill it, you don’t pick an ear of corn!

PRAYERS NEEDED

What a boxcar load of losers that come to a degraded site such as this and ask for prayers from a bunch of disgusting guys that are consumed by posting pictures of nearly nude women and making lewd comments.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Garandimal
The .270 Win is gay...

GR

It is!!!!!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Kiss', find pressure

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by HitnRun
PROJECTILE POINTS, BULLET TIPS

For $hit sakes, they’re bullets, but people are still so stupid they refer to ammunition as “bullets” or “shells”.

HARVEST

Farmers harvest corn, when you shoot an animal you kill it, you don’t pick an ear of corn!

PRAYERS NEEDED

What a boxcar load of losers that come to a degraded site such as this and ask for prayers from a bunch of disgusting guys that are consumed by posting pictures of nearly nude women and making lewd comments.

Wait - there's pictures of nearly nude women here? Links, please.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by High_Noon
Aside from all the idiotic PC terms, two that irritate the schit out of me are:

1) Having said that
2) Low hanging fruit

How are those terms politically correct? They've been commonly used forever.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Kilt is an original Scots-Irish dialectal word from Appalachia.
I will continue to utilize this form of the word.

😁😁😁😁😁
OK - just as long as you don't wear yours and expose those hideous legs.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by BuckHaggard
Originally Posted by High_Noon
Aside from all the idiotic PC terms, two that irritate the schit out of me are:

1) Having said that
2) Low hanging fruit

How are those terms politically correct? They've been commonly used forever.

Perhaps so, but they fit a whole other genre of BS terms, "bizspeak", the stuff that gets tossed around in management circles to make the speaker seem knowledgeable or important, or whatever.

Eye roll here.

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Kiss', find pressure

Kiss, find pressure and rock on is some of the best advice you’ll find on the 24hcf.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Paul39
Originally Posted by goalie
Authentic frontier gibberish

This. Especially from educated folks who are capable of expressing themselves clearly and succinctly.

I have tested at the high end of comprehension ability. Went to a small town high school, and when I started college a decade later I tested out of English. During my working career I wrote policies, administrative law documents, and scientific papers. Nothing clever or glamorous, just clear and precise. I admit I'd be a bust at expressive writing.

As I cruise through the Campfire, if I made a running list of posted expressions I don't understand, I could easily fill a page. Regional slang, occupational terms, military acronyms, etc.

I guess it's all in good fun, but I don't have the patience or interest to try to figure it out. There are those who would say I'm not much fun, too serious. I plead guilty, but at my advanced age I just don't care. I have nothing to prove, no image to project, so no "Campfire personality". I just try to say what I mean and I mean what I say.

Carry on.
You actually "tested out" of college English while suffering such demonstrated punctuation maladies ??

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord

I write a lot of A papers for the college kids in our extended family.

It takes a village 🙊🙉🙈🐵 and I don’t want them to lose their scholarships. Nephews, cousins, a few with my own kids. They could crank C, B grade material but they hit me up to close it. Crap the wife and both have cranked out papers for our dentist’s kids going to nursing school. lol

I just finished a masterful analysis of what a sniffling , foot draggling, insubordinate piece of lazy crap General Joe E Johnston was compared to Robert E Lee.

I used to get tasked at work from the chief engineer and operations super to write blistering reports on the incompetence of other departments especially the fire dept.

The wife has written medical legislation for a couple of new laws, it ain’t those greasy, gray-haired morons in fancy leather chairs in the state house who write the devil in all the details.
In this instance, you earned a low "B" for the writing and a "D" for the impetus and reasoning. Thank a teacher.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Higginez
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Kiss', find pressure

Kiss, find pressure and rock on is some of the best advice you’ll find on the 24hcf.

Yes, Higginez is absolutely correct. However, it should always be more properly phrased as follows: "Even though the advice is being presented by the forum's biggest a-hole, kiss, find pressure and rock on is some of the best advice you’ll find on the 24hcf."

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by CCCC
You actually "tested out" of college English while suffering such demonstrated punctuation maladies ??

Guilty as charged! blush

However, in my defense, I don't attempt to write with grammatical precision on the Campfire, just clarity of expression.

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Guilty as charged! blush

However, in my defense, I don't attempt to write with grammatical precision on the Campfire, just clarity of expression.
And - you do write very clearly - success.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Guilty as charged! blush

And - you do write very clearly - success.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Happy Camper

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
I am running Re 22..

Molon Labe
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (222Sako, 219 Wasp, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 264mag, 12344mag, 64 invisible), 2,036 guests, and 1,254 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,075
Posts18,521,731
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.