Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 30 of 30 1 2 28 29 30
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antlers
Imagine a conversation between Sam Harris and Richard Dawkins...and the Apostle Peter. Harris and Dawkins would start out with their blistering critique of the Old Testament and highlight God’s genocidal directives to the Hebrews to go into a land and kill everybody and everything in the land, then they’d go on and on about the dangers of religion and they’d cite all of the atrocities carried out in the name of religion throughout history, and especially Christian atrocities. And, they might question God’s plan and how He set up a naive couple in the Garden of Eden to fail. And then punish humanity for their failure.

But...the foundation of the Christian faith is not a cobbled together group of manuscripts that describes these things. Peter might respond by telling them that he’s certainly familiar with the history of his people; much more so than they are. And maybe that he’s never questioned it because that’s how he was raised. And he’d likely point out that none of that...nothing thats been said by any of them has anything to do with his decision to now follow Jesus. The unbelievers would reference the inadequacy of Peter’s beliefs, so then Peter would explain his reasoning...and He only has one reason.

When Jesus was arrested, Peter ran...and when asked if he knew Jesus, Peter lied. And when the Romans crucified Jesus, He died. And at that time, Peter was like the unbelievers…he had no faith. He didn’t know what to believe. He had no reason to believe, because he didn’t know what to believe. He’d just spent 3 years of his life following a now dead false prophet, and now he had a price on his head.

And then Jesus came, and there He was...very much alive.

Peter wouldn’t see it as bein’ worth arguing about anything the unbelievers had said, but he’d very likely clarify one thing...his reason for believing wasn’t something he’d heard or read or had read to him. Peter believed what he believed because of what he saw...he watched Jesus die, he knew exactly where He was buried, but God raised Him from the dead...and Peter saw Him, and he saw Him more than once. That’s the reason...that’s the only reason...for Peter’s hope and belief.

And that’s the reason for my hope and belief as well.

You are cleverly making an unassailable point. But alas most sceptics are too biased to realize it. But then they are not serious sceptics.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
GB1

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
An argument is only as good as the premises upon which it is based. Interpretations and assumptions may be flawed, Muslim or Hindu theology, Judaism, Christianity, New Age, etc, etc,

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Ringman

You are cleverly making an unassailable point. But alas most sceptics are too biased to realize it. But then they are not serious sceptics.

Yet when those of Islamic faith make cleverly unassailable points regarding their particular beliefs you lot seem more than happy to denigrate their considered argument.
You are all religious nutjobs not because of your beliefs, but because you insist that all should follow your beliefs.

Not one of you proselytising pricks is any different from the Muslim turds or the Jewish turds that seek to control others.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
No

Welcome to TN - patron state of shootin’ stuff
K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by Ringman

Yet when those of Islamic faith make cleverly unassailable points regarding their particular beliefs you lot seem more than happy to denigrate their considered argument.
You are all religious nutjobs not because of your beliefs, but because you insist that all should follow your beliefs.

Not one of you proselytising pricks is any different from the Muslim turds or the Jewish turds that seek to control others.

Well put.
If they had been born Muslim's, I wonder what their belief would be.

IC B2

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
They would be much the same as others in their family, community, nation and culture. Hindus, Christians, Jews, Muslims, conservatives, liberals.......

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by DBT
They would be much the same as others in their family, community, nation and culture. Hindus, Christians, Jews, Muslims, conservatives, liberals.......

True.
As Thomas Paine called it.............accident of birth.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JSTUART
You are all religious nutjobs not because of your beliefs, but because you insist that all should follow your beliefs. Not one of you proselytising pricks is any different from the Muslim turds or the Jewish turds that seek to control others.
smh

I don’t insist that all should follow my beliefs. Nor do I seek to control others. I face my greatest challenge every morning when I look in the mirror. I have my hands full enough with that guy.

And the atheists here do just as much “proselytizing” for their religion of no beliefs than a lot of the ‘Christians’ do.

It’s OK with me for others to choose to believe whatever they choose to believe.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Page 30 of 30 1 2 28 29 30

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

156 members (1OntarioJim, 320090T, 6mmCreedmoor, AceBall, 7887mm08, 3dtestify, 15 invisible), 1,042 guests, and 941 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,092
Posts18,522,137
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.