Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
The only thing I’d have done different is press charges on his dumb, lazy, thieving ass.

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
He just taught the old thief what to look for next time, should have pressed charges. Stealing then reselling is probably how he bought his home.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Glad to see the good guys win one for a change

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I don't care how much money the kid has, he should have pressed charges. That guy is life long thief and should be handled accordingly.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
No way in hell I'm giving that 1400 cash back,

What was the point?

IC B2

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
It's a good thing this thief lives in ultra liberal California. In Texas you can shoot people if you catch them stealing your property and it should be the law of the land.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by johnw
I likely wouldn't have called the law.

Show the video to;

His wife
Barber
Preacher
Kids
Local merchants\
&
Etc...

Guy sold my daughter a hot phone. I chased him down through relatives in Florida, perp wa in Washington. I just explained that I already know enough about the perp to move on him, but I am giving him the opportunity to square up.....and if you don't want to explain that to him....I understand and I will handle it.

Two hours later I get a call from US district attorney office, his mom. 10 minutes after I hang up I get a call from his mom and dad....then he brings the perp in on a party line.

6 hours later I have 600bux placed in my hand by the perp.

Buying a stolen phone, $600.

Nabbing a punk 22yo kid who's the daughter of the US DA and making him a POS to his ENTIRE family across the country.....PRICELESS.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by victoro
It's a good thing this thief lives in ultra liberal California. In Texas you can shoot people if you catch them stealing your property and it should be the law of the land.

Not sure where you got the "thief lives in ultra liberal California".

This all took place in Rutherford Tennessee.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
So a guy who isn’t a habitual thief wears a mask, spray paints two cameras and removes his license plates.

Didn’t look like he was stealing to feed his family, more like he was stealing because he liked to steal.

Has $1,400 cash on hand in new Bejamins, brings up opioids into the conversation, makes one wonder what else he does.

Shoulda pressed charges.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Some years ago a feller's body shop here was burglarized. Thieves made off with thousands of dollars worth of hand tools and equipment that he had photo files of. Cops didn't make any progress on solving it, but his buddies fanned out and covered flea markets in a wide area for weeks afterwards, with copies of the photos. Eventually they traced that stuff back to the individuals responsible for the theft.

Since the theft, shop owner has built his house by the shop, added window bars, an alarm and cameras. All I'll say, is that justice was served upon the scum and no one will ever prove who meted that justice out. But they won't be back.

Once had problems with gasoline theft from tenants' cars in one parking lot, back in the mid 70s. Finally caught the guy responsible, but the local cops did nothing, because I didn't wait until he was actually siphoning gas into his can. Gave them the can and siphon pump the guy had stashed near one car, after he ran off. Also confronted his buddy parked nearby.

Weeks later came across that dipschit passed out in the same car along a local road, middle of the morning. Contacted one of our cops that's a friend of mine. They nailed that ahole for DUI, drugs in the car, etc. So I got some joy from it all.

Thieves are the scum of the earth.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Kenneth

What was the point?

I thought that was nuts. unless that plays well on his youtube channel business?

Kids in the hole for the cost of the cameras, dude should have had to give that money up.

I would have asked for $1400 just for listening to the guy for 10 minutes.

who has time to listen to a thief lie to you?

Would be interesting for those cops to go through everything in that garage and house, they probably could have solved quite few cases.

As quick as they got that warrant, and sent 4 more cops out there, I winder if they didn't already have an eye on him?

Hopefully they will now.

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dubePA
Some years ago a feller's body shop here was burglarized. Thieves made off with thousands of dollars worth of hand tools and equipment that he had photo files of. Cops didn't make any progress on solving it, but his buddies fanned out and covered flea markets in a wide area for weeks afterwards, with copies of the photos. Eventually they traced that stuff back to the individuals responsible for the theft.

Since the theft, shop owner has built his house by the shop, added window bars, an alarm and cameras. All I'll say, is that justice was served upon the scum and no one will ever prove who meted that justice out. But they won't be back.

Once had problems with gasoline theft from tenants' cars in one parking lot, back in the mid 70s. Finally caught the guy responsible, but the local cops did nothing, because I didn't wait until he was actually siphoning gas into his can. Gave them the can and siphon pump the guy had stashed near one car, after he ran off. Also confronted his buddy parked nearby.

Weeks later came across that dipschit passed out in the same car along a local road, middle of the morning. Contacted one of our cops that's a friend of mine. They nailed that ahole for DUI, drugs in the car, etc. So I got some joy from it all.

Thieves are the scum of the earth.

I had a gas can on my truck that got emptied twice in a week. I put 3 gallons of water in it with a gallon of gas.

I never got ripped again.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Originally Posted by Kenneth

What was the point?

I thought that was nuts. unless that plays well on his youtube channel business?

Kids in the hole for the cost of the cameras, dude should have had to give that money up.

I would have asked for $1400 just for listening to the guy for 10 minutes.

who has time to listen to a thief lie to you?

OTOH if he had pressed charges is it possible his recordings would have been tied up as evidence in an ongoing felony prosecution, preventing him from putting out and profiting from the Youtube?

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by high_country_

I had a gas can on my truck that got emptied twice in a week. I put 3 gallons of water in it with a gallon of gas.

Brilliant, thanks for that tip.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Originally Posted by high_country_

Brilliant, thanks for that tip.

I had the same thing happen, neighbors crackhead kid would use my mower gas if I left it out, quart of water, problem solved.................

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Busted....but video doesn't always get the bad guy

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
That guy is a POS thief. He ain’t changing his ways.

Stupid to let him off the hook.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Farmer relative had two 300 gallon skid tanks w/hand pumps. One gas, one diesel. Late one night dogs woke him up, car up by the tanks. He came out, they took off, didn't get a mile down the road. Dummies pumped diesel into what was apparently an almost empty gas tank?

Turned out he knew the kid's family, called and daddy came up from town. Kid didn't drive for awhile, probably too stoved up from the whuppin' his dad gave him for ef'n up mommy's car and being pretty stupid?

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Sometimes being embarrassed, humiliated, called out and put on the spot
works wonders. Good on the guy getting his stuff back and putting the guy(thief)
on the spot…… may have changed him forever, and for the best.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No one gonna give credit to the Apple Airtags??????

????????????

pffft

Led him right to the house.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

539 members (219 Wasp, 222Sako, 1eyedmule, 06hunter59, 1_deuce, 12344mag, 62 invisible), 2,568 guests, and 1,316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,570
Posts18,473,264
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.