Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Routine traffic stop, suspect ran, got tased, search of his pickup revealed coolers full of body parts including a severed head. I'd turn in my badge on the spot.

BODY PARTS

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Routine traffic stop, suspect ran, got tased, search of his pickup revealed coolers full of body parts including a severed head. I'd turn in my badge on the spot.

BODY PARTS

Would likely keep me up a while.

City cop - no

County sheriff- yeah

TX Ranger - that would be cool

Marshal - yeah

Me

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
I'd say the number of people who want to become cops has dropped considerably in the last two years. We currently see very little public respect for cops, and it's a difficult, often thankless job. Society sure needs cops, but you wouldn't know it from the public discussion. It's a bad situation that will result in a lot more crime and violence.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
If it’s an adult, it’s not too bad. Kids is what gets to me sometimes. A guy near here got into an argument with his wife/girlfriend about how to discipline their kid. He picked up a knife, grabbed their 5 year-old, and cut her throat. That was really terrible. It’s been 11 years and I still get worked up thinking about it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am thankful there are those doing that job, but it would take three times normal earnings and a lot of time off for me to go into that line of work. Has to be especially hard in small communities where all are known entities seeing one another on almost a daily basis.

Last edited by 1minute; 12/26/21.

1Minute
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle
If it’s an adult, it’s not too bad. Kids is what gets to me sometimes. A guy near here got into an argument with his wife/girlfriend about how to discipline their kid. He picked up a knife, grabbed their 5 year-old, and cut her throat. That was really terrible. It’s been 11 years and I still get worked up thinking about it.

That would get me.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
"To Serve (ourselves) and Protect (the politicians)" At least they give you a nice uniform with lightning bolts on the collar and a pair of knee-high boots. Learning to goose step would be a bit of a challenge!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
"To Serve (ourselves) and Protect (the politicians)" At least they give you a nice uniform with lightning bolts on the collar and a pair of knee-high boots. Learning to goose step would be a bit of a challenge!

Most of us wear 8 inch boots now. Makes your leg more end-loaded like a good softball bat.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Were the parts well iced?

Gotta respect a man who takes care of his meat.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Were the parts well iced?

Gotta respect a man who takes care of his meat.

I was thinking it, but you said it!

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"To Serve (ourselves) and Protect (our pensions and the politicians)" At least they give you a nice uniform with lightning bolts on the collar and a pair of knee-high boots. Learning to goose step would be a bit of a challenge!
Standing by and watching while criminals loot stores and then burn them to the ground. Then write a ticket to a taxpayer on his way home from work for a minor traffic violation. Such an honorable profession.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by antlers
"To Serve (ourselves) and Protect (our pensions and the politicians)" At least they give you a nice uniform with lightning bolts on the collar and a pair of knee-high boots. Learning to goose step would be a bit of a challenge!
Standing by and watching while criminals loot stores and then burn them to the ground. Then write a ticket to a taxpayer on his way home from work for a minor traffic violation. Such an honorable profession.

It's no more honorable than what you do....or did before social security boomie life...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
It's no more honorable than what you do....or did before social security boomie life...
lol

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Reason #123,984 for me. I saw and heard enough nasty [bleep] as a fireman in Los Angeles county from the early 80's.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You'd think Thug Life 101 would teach you to drive safely and cautiously when in the commission of a crime or not in commission of a crime so you don't have to talk to the police. But what do criminals do? Drive like morons. Pretty much why they only catch the dumb ones. Gary Ridgway was basically special needs and killed hundreds before they caught him.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

BODY PARTS

Which is why I don't flash my lights at oncoming traffic if I passed a parked cop. You never know what they are looking for.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's Vegas Baby!

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by 19352012
You'd think Thug Life 101 would teach you to drive safely and cautiously when in the commission of a crime or not in commission of a crime so you don't have to talk to the police. But what do criminals do? Drive like morons. Pretty much why they only catch the dumb ones. Gary Ridgway was basically special needs and killed hundreds before they caught him.

Whenever I’m behind someone and they drive at or below the speed limit and make zero mistakes, I assume they got warrants.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V

It seems that way, well in some areas anyway.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Being told to “stand down”, (watching ANTIFA or BLM) destroying statues and other public and private property.
Watching brother officers being tried and convicted for killing a perpetrator, (regardless of color).
Being ordered to confiscate weapons from law abiding citizens in event of disaster or illegal orders.
No dice. I have too much self respect. A paycheck is one thing , my soul is completely different.
Like I said, the day is soon coming when LEOs are gonna have to decide whether they work for the people who pay their paychecks, or the people who sign their paychecks.
I hope they choose wisely.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

159 members (24HourCampFireGuy50, 1beaver_shooter, 300_savage, 14idaho, 16penny, 26 invisible), 1,422 guests, and 1,025 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,864
Posts18,478,650
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.