Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RJY66
Originally Posted by lima1seven
Originally Posted by LongSpurHunter
How many still flash their lights at oncoming traffic if you see a cop set up on the side of the road?

I’ve only seen that in Texas and that was about 20 years ago. Asked the people I was with what was going on and they said there was a cop ahead. Sure enough couple miles up the road was an officer running radar.

There is a crooked little municipality up the road from me and you betcha, when I go through there and see them working speed traps I flash my lights to oncoming traffic and will continue to do so. Many people don't even know what it means or don't pay attention, but the truckers sure do. They will flash back or toot their horns, maybe wave, and when they do it makes me feel good all over that I potentially saved one of those great Americans from getting robbed by those blood suckers.

Everyone knows they are borderline crooks including the cops who work for them.

They aren't looking for criminals, they are looking for traffic fines.....believe me. I had to go to court there a few years ago for rolling a stop sign. There was a tree to my left that I couldn't see around very well and I let the car roll so I could see what was coming. A cop saw me do it and wrote me up. When I was in court a trucker was fined for going 5 miles over. I thought I had the stinkiest chickenshit ticket but I concede that he beat me. That kind of BS is nothing more than common theft under the guise of "law enforcement". I have no more respect for the "officers" and "judges" that participate in that racket than I would for a pick pocket.

Another reason a cop's job is tough. Traffic tickets are for the other people who break the law.

GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
How many still flash their lights at oncoming traffic if you see a cop set up on the side of the road?

My whole life everywhere I’ve lived.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by deflave

My whole life everywhere I’ve lived.

God bless you. Youre a great American. Me too.

Last edited by jaguartx; 12/28/21.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
I know several ex-LEO's who got too old and feeble to bully and intimidate people with a badge, a gun, and a set of blue lights. These days they're internet chat room moderators! "Keyboard Commandos!"

You sure act like a great big gaping cundt.

He’s quite the dumb ass, ain’t he?

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A

Another reason a cop's job is tough. Traffic tickets are for the other people who break the law.

Kinda hard to have much empathy for police over traffic tickets in particular, when the average cruiser on the road seems to be going about 85 miles an hour at all times. I doubt if they are writing each other very many speeding tickets.

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
True , but remember that often they are trying to get to a call for service that may not hesitate a code response but as always incidents can and will degrade. Most departments run single man cars. So you are often on your own for most of time. That is a bad thing in our current environment. Ambushed incidents are way up. At my agency when you exceed the the speed limit the in car camera turns on. A few years ago auto accidents were the the number one killer of police. Now it is gun fire! Many departments have made their people slow down just be cause of all the benefits it brings, So now, we are in mode of 'I'll get there when I get there".

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
A good friend, retired LEO, has told me of some of the scenes that haunt him. Very bad stuff.

Retired cat herder.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by 1minute
I am thankful there are those doing that job, but it would take three times normal earnings and a lot of time off for me to go into that line of work. Has to be especially hard in small communities where all are known entities seeing one another on almost a daily basis.

It is why Alaska villages are largely lawless. Everyone is related to everyone, or if not, they are feuding. sometimes both. No one in the village wants the job, and an outsider is automatically the bad guy to pretty much everyone.

Yet they whine about a lack of law enforcement.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I hit my flasher lights for the cop thing sometimes, but mostly for moose near or on the road.

Every once in a while the oncoming traffic actually slows down. Not often.

I like moose....

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by auk1124

Kinda hard to have much empathy for police over traffic tickets in particular, when the average cruiser on the road seems to be going about 85 miles an hour at all times. I doubt if they are writing each other very many speeding tickets.

Kinda hard to give a phuuk over traffic tickets, since any cop worth a schiet I've ever worked with didn't give a fly F about traffic, unless it involved almost killing someone. Nanna going 5 over? Who gives a F.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RJY66
Originally Posted by lima1seven

I’ve only seen that in Texas and that was about 20 years ago. Asked the people I was with what was going on and they said there was a cop ahead. Sure enough couple miles up the road was an officer running radar.

There is a crooked little municipality up the road from me and you betcha, when I go through there and see them working speed traps I flash my lights to oncoming traffic and will continue to do so. Many people don't even know what it means or don't pay attention, but the truckers sure do. They will flash back or toot their horns, maybe wave, and when they do it makes me feel good all over that I potentially saved one of those great Americans from getting robbed by those blood suckers.

Everyone knows they are borderline crooks including the cops who work for them.

They aren't looking for criminals, they are looking for traffic fines.....believe me. I had to go to court there a few years ago for rolling a stop sign. There was a tree to my left that I couldn't see around very well and I let the car roll so I could see what was coming. A cop saw me do it and wrote me up. When I was in court a trucker was fined for going 5 miles over. I thought I had the stinkiest chickenshit ticket but I concede that he beat me. That kind of BS is nothing more than common theft under the guise of "law enforcement". I have no more respect for the "officers" and "judges" that participate in that racket than I would for a pick pocket.

A good friend got a ticket in rural eastern NC coming home from visiting her
son. Several NC plated cars were passing her when she saw the cop,
But he didn't see them.😉
Two days after she got home, she got the official court notice.
The fine had to be paid in person, at a predetermined time.

Coincidently 😂😂😂😂 she received letters from several lawyers offering
to represent her. The same day!

Almost 80, and in fair health, she didn't want to drive 500 miles each way
for a 5 minute pre-determined hearing. The writing was on the wall and
she was stuck. (Exactly how it had been planned?)

So, she called a lawyer, they agreed to represent her.
$100 fee.
Plus$200 was their guess at the fine.
If they could lead it down, they would refund the balance!😂😂😂😂
She sent the money and I don't know if she ever heard anything again.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I am aware of one small PD in Virginia that runs RADAR out on I-95. even though the interstate does not run thru their town. They get a direct percentage of the revenue generated from the citations issued. In Maryland i am not aware of the state returning funds generated for citations. One reason My former agency does not and will have performance expectations in traffic enforcement. or for that matter in any area of enforcement. Thank god for that!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by worriedman
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle
Originally Posted by 19352012
You'd think Thug Life 101 would teach you to drive safely and cautiously when in the commission of a crime or not in commission of a crime so you don't have to talk to the police. But what do criminals do? Drive like morons. Pretty much why they only catch the dumb ones. Gary Ridgway was basically special needs and killed hundreds before they caught him.

Whenever I’m behind someone and they drive at or below the speed limit and make zero mistakes, I assume they got warrants.

Or, they are tired of the increase in insurance rates or the threat of one more ticket and loosing their license. Some people can learn...

Both of you are right. Those guys with warrants and they have one ounce of brains and they are very low profile. Others, they have too many tickets or they are already under suspension and they are either on the verge of illegal or they are illegal. Typically, they have a job or a wife and kids and are trying to clean up their act and they are trying to run out their suspension clock. Getting stopped starts the clock all over again.

Then you have the "I don't give a fu&k" folks and they are balls to the walls. They have nothing to lose and hate anyone of any authority. Use your imagination and I think you can figure it all out who is dangerous and who wants to be "out of sight and out of mind". Unfortunately, the "out of sight and out of mind" are getting fewer and the "balls to the wall" guys are getting braver and more of them. Throw in a bunch of new rules about engagement and use of force and you can see what you get. It's a very complicated world and it does not have to be. Nothing is going to change any time soon.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
V
Vek Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle
Originally Posted by 19352012
You'd think Thug Life 101 would teach you to drive safely and cautiously when in the commission of a crime or not in commission of a crime so you don't have to talk to the police. But what do criminals do? Drive like morons. Pretty much why they only catch the dumb ones. Gary Ridgway was basically special needs and killed hundreds before they caught him.

Whenever I’m behind someone and they drive at or below the speed limit and make zero mistakes, I assume they got warrants.

No, just illegals with no paperwork.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by cs2blue
I am aware of one small PD in Virginia that runs RADAR out on I-95. even though the interstate does not run thru their town. They get a direct percentage of the revenue generated from the citations issued. In Maryland i am not aware of the state returning funds generated for citations. One reason My former agency does not and will have performance expectations in traffic enforcement. or for that matter in any area of enforcement. Thank god for that!
`

There was a small department outside of Ft. Hood Texas doing that very same thing. I don't recall the highway number but it was a divided 4 lane at 65 mph. Suddenly the speed limit went down to 55 with only one sign indicating a speed change with no signs of a town or city and no exit ramps. That place was making some big bank. Finally, the Texas DPS got involved and in the end the small town was court ordered to stop what they were doing and they were forced to eliminate the speed reduction.

It's issues like this that cause law enforcement agencies a lot of negative issues. I hated it when the patrol supervisor insisted on seeing tickets as proof you were "working" . Not that I didn't make stops. On most of the years I worked nights I was getting 25 OWI's (DUI) a year. I was stopping cars and doing my part. A good officer is stopping cars and talking to people but that doesn't mean tickets are written or everyone goes to jail.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Routine traffic stop, suspect ran, got tased, search of his pickup revealed coolers full of body parts including a severed head. I'd turn in my badge on the spot.

BODY PARTS

https://apnews.com/article/texas-las-vegas-california-nevada-9285b57285fa85415de9aa0ab828a9c5

[Linked Image from storage.googleapis.com]

LAS VEGAS (AP) — A prosecutor in Las Vegas told a judge Tuesday that a man jailed after police found the severed head and body parts of an acquaintance in the truck he was driving has prior felony and federal criminal convictions dating to the 1980s in states including California, Texas and Nevada.

Eric Holland stood in court flanked by heavily armed security guards and an attorney temporarily appointed to his case for a brief hearing at which a Las Vegas judge ordered him held without bail pending another court appearance next week.

Justice of the Peace Harmony Letizia set a preliminary hearing of evidence for Jan. 27.

Holland, 57, was not asked to enter a plea to the murder charge against him, and his attorney, Deputy Public Defender Sarah Hawkins, declined outside court to comment on his behalf.

Prosecutor Giancarlo Pesci listed Holland’s three-state criminal history under names including Eric John Holland and Eric Allen Holland, and told the judge that Holland represents a danger to the community and should not be allowed out on bail.

Holland’s alleged victim was identified Tuesday as Richard P. Miller of Las Vegas. The Clark County coroner said Miller died last Thursday from multiple gunshot wounds and his death was a homicide.

“The victim is literally cut into pieces,” Pesci said in court. “His head is cut off.”

Holland “fled from police” in an allegedly stolen truck and then got into another allegedly stolen vehicle before he was arrested, the prosecutor said.

Police later found receipts in the vehicles for items purchased from a home improvement store where Pesci said Holland was seen on security cameras pushing a cart with a saw in it.

“This is an individual who literally had the body cut up into pieces in that car that he flees from the police (in),” he told the judge, “who has felonies spanning four decades and a current case pending.”

Outside court, Pesci said Holland and Miller knew each other, but he didn’t know the extent of their acquaintance.

Holland had been sought since May 2019 on an arrest warrant in a 2018 case in Las Vegas accusing him of embezzlement, identity theft, issuing false checks and theft, according to court records. He had posted $5,000 bail in that case.

KLAS-TV in Las Vegas reported that court records showed Holland was accused in 2018 of stealing a truck and selling it.

Holland served prison time in Nevada for a felony conviction in Las Vegas on theft charges stemming from a forgery case filed in 2000. Prison records say he used names including John Carl Hall, Phil Whidden, Robert Daniel Lauer and Steven Tauber.

His previous convictions as an adult date to 1987 in California for embezzlement, property theft and false identification, Pesci said, and Holland also had a conviction in federal court in Texas in a counterfeiting case.

Pesci said Holland was found guilty in California in 1997 of assault with a deadly weapon and resisting arrest causing substantial bodily harm, and records show Holland also was convicted in 1991 in U.S. District Court in Texas of attempted escape and aiding in an escape. His post-prison supervision was transferred to Nevada in 2014.

Holland’s arrest Thursday came after he drove away from police trying to stop him in an allegedly stolen truck. Police said he then switched to another truck that he tried to abandon before he was captured.

“Holland threw various items at officers in an attempt to flee, but he was taken into custody,” police said in a statement.

Officers searching the second truck discovered the dismembered human remains in ice chests, homicide Lt. Ray Spencer told KLAS-TV.

“I mean, you can imagine the horror when you open up an ice chest and you find a human head inside,” Spencer said.

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
For every one they catch, how many more out there they don’t????

Son in law says they mostly catch the dumb law breakers.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hanco

said many times but if you watch enough episodes of 'The Next 48' you realize that about 70% of those cases are solved because the suspect tries to lie his way out of it. If he just goes dumb "I don't know anything about what you are talking about" and then lawyer up when they arrest him, a good number of those guys would be back out on the street.

I mean I'm glad they are dumb and try to lie, but damn.

I saw one that was particularly bad last week. A young man was with 3 of his friends. One of his friends is messing around with another guys girlfriend, she starts schit so the 4 guys go to where the BF lives, one of the 4 pulls out a gun and shoots the guy. So the young man that did not pull the trigger is hiding out. The police roll up after him with a swat team at his mommas house, scare her to death and have her call him. She calls him and says "they just want to talk to you" - so momma set his ass up right off the bat. He tells the police where he is at (cause, you know , momma), they pick him up and during the interrogation the cop is like "look, I know you didn't pull the trigger, so if you want to help yourself here, you need to give up who did" - so he does after trying to dance around who did it and claim he didn't see it (of course they already have eye witnesses, how do you think they found your dumbass).....and they still arrest his ass for murder , he goes to trial and gets like 20 years in prison.

shut the F' up man. that's all he had to do.

Last edited by KFWA; 12/30/21.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Routine traffic stop, suspect ran, got tased, search of his pickup revealed coolers full of body parts including a severed head. I'd turn in my badge on the spot.

BODY PARTS

My father was a lawman in Santa Cruz CA back in the 60’s, during the crazy times. The Ohtas, Mullins, Kemper, I grew up on the cop talk they never realized we heard. The old man was shot in the 60’s, had a gun put to his head in the 70’s, I said no thank you in the 80’s. He told me back then he didn’t blame me, the job wasn’t the same anymore. “We used to be respected in this town, now our own city council works against us, turns the public against us”. That was back in the 80’s, now it’s five times as bad.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KFWA
Originally Posted by hanco

said many times but if you watch enough episodes of 'The Next 48' you realize that about 70% of those cases are solved because the suspect tries to lie his way out of it. If he just goes dumb "I don't know anything about what you are talking about" and then lawyer up when they arrest him, a good number of those guys would be back out on the street.

I mean I'm glad they are dumb and try to lie, but damn.

I saw one that was particularly bad last week. A young man was with 3 of his friends. One of his friends is messing around with another guys girlfriend, she starts schit so the 4 guys go to where the BF lives, one of the 4 pulls out a gun and shoots the guy. So the young man that did not pull the trigger is hiding out. The police roll up after him with a swat team at his mommas house, scare her to death and have her call him. She calls him and says "they just want to talk to you" - so momma set his ass up right off the bat. He tells the police where he is at (cause, you know , momma), they pick him up and during the interrogation the cop is like "look, I know you didn't pull the trigger, so if you want to help yourself here, you need to give up who did" - so he does after trying to dance around who did it and claim he didn't see it (of course they already have eye witnesses, how do you think they found your dumbass).....and they still arrest his ass for murder , he goes to trial and gets like 20 years in prison.

shut the F' up man. that's all he had to do.

One of my favorite shows. Criminals have always lied, but now video and cell phone records make it almost impossible to get away with murder.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

736 members (10gaugemag, 16gage, 12344mag, 160user, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 71 invisible), 2,745 guests, and 1,353 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,843
Posts18,478,259
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.