Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S

There seem to be more Toyota guys than ford men or chev men these days.

Spot

GB1

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Mebbe so. If in the city, you see 50/50 Toy/For guys hehe. But if out in the [bleep] you see 90% more for/chev guys than toys.

Was riding around with a realtor lady down in southern va a few months ago, and this lady was driving a tahoe and I said "nice tahoe" and she said this is her third one cool then she said "heart heat of america"... laugh

around here in construction you see more ford/chev/dodge than toys. shocked

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
I have an 07 SCREW and it is great so far! I have had it since December and great ride. I like the Toy Tacomas though if I did not haul anything.

Good Shooting!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
brand loyalty is a thing of the past

The anti American Constitutional party (Democrat). Wants to dismantle your rights, limiting every aspect of your constitutional rights. Death by 1000 cuts is the tactic. Each cut bleeds constitutional rights to control you. Control is the goal.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
On my 2nd Toy. Just don't have the little nagging problems of the Big 3.

That's good enough reason for me to spend the money.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Until this year,I always drove gm or ford trucks.However,since I bought my 2007 Tundra,I can't see myself buying anything but Toyota from now on.

brand loyalty is a thing of the past

I can't agree.Brand loyalty is not as strong as it was,but it still exists,especially in rural areas.There are still a lot of people buying ford,dodge or gm trucks simply because their father and grandfather did.There are also many people that will continue to buy them because they are American owned companies,even if the vehicle itself in not made in America while the Tundra is American made.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I think brand loyalty is still around. It's the reason I swapped out my 97 Chevy for a 07 Tacoma. Based on that rig, Chevy lost my loyalty...

It's you and the bullet, and all the rest is secondary.
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
i would gladly swap my 04 silverado for either a 97 dodge 3/4 with a CTD or a new Tundra. why?

cause' i have replaced both front wheel bearings (one at 30k). has skipped and stumbled for the last 40k , dealer says it is ok. doors have been rusting slowly through for the last two years and dealer wont fix until they see holes. the roof bangs up and down in a cross wind. sounds like someone flopping a giant piece of tin around. the doors whistle like a bastard. the window regulators are just about shot. the fan motor has only worked on high for the last year. the rear end sounds like it is going to fall out with every up shift and down shift even. rear brakes went at 25k.

i dont trailer much and i baby the thing. run synthetics etc.. it wore everything i wanted when i found it. wont buy another for sure. if i had the cash i would buy that ctd and take this pile to the dump...

woofer

"I would build one again, if it were not for my 350RM (grin)."

MtnHtr
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You have to remember woofer the only thing good in the CTD is the motor, the rest of the truck needs rebuilt every 30,000 miles. Thats why I got rid of mine. 106,000 miles and I cant possibly recite all the things that have replaced on that truck, from seals to suspension parts. Sure the motors good but the rest....you can have it. Mine was turning into a money pit. Loved the power of the Cummins (though I never really needed it in this last one) but I missed the long term dependability of my Toyotas the whole I time I owned it. I used to dread changing the oil because thats when I would find out all the repairs that it needed, got good at not looking at anything, just change oil and ignore everything else. The other kicker is how much diesel cost compared to gas these days, cant see the savings in teh 2-3 mpg with the .10-.20 cent higher prices. Thats just my take, and even wen I drove the Dodge I was still a TOYOTA guy!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have no loyalty. I've had Toyota's and loved them, and had Fords and hated them. Right now I drive a Dodge, because it was the best value in 3/4 ton diesels. Must say I am impressed with the current state of quality of this truck, but I'd look hard at a Toyota if they would just build a real 3/4 ton or bigger truck with a real diesel. Once you take a truck to 270,000 miles without doing ANY work on it other than wear items, and then only at a rate 1/3rd of the domestics, you remember....... JMO, Dutch.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
98 f250, 5.4 v8 and the waterpump finally gave out at 266,000 miles. Replaced the upper and lower ball joints at 210,000 thanks to a mechanic not greasing them. Now have Lifetime warranty ball joints.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bigblock455
98 f250, 5.4 v8 and the waterpump finally gave out at 266,000 miles. Replaced the upper and lower ball joints at 210,000 thanks to a mechanic not greasing them. Now have Lifetime warranty ball joints.

A Ford success story!

220 Swift still king.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Chevy Caprice that I bought new went 304,000 miles. The only reason that I gave it away was that that it looked shabby as it needed paint. The drivetrain was original including the transmission which only had fluid and filter changes.

Along the way our only son totaled the 1986 full frame sedan. I doubt he or his friends would have survived in a lesser car.

Thats enough for now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There is a Ford dealership in my family and a friend owns a Nissan dealership. I still prefer Toyota, and the last 6 vehicles I've bought have been 3 Fords and 3 Toyotas. If you value build quality and reliability over interior room and torque, the japs have it nailed.

Now with even more aplomb
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Have had 3 toyotas, and would be on my 4th if they made a 3/4 ton turbo diesel.

I prefer quality products to brand names, Toyota earned by business by the products they produce, and their service.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
I have owned a 4WD pickup since 1973. Along the way there have been Chevrolets, GMC's, Dodges, and Fords. I have been driving a Tundra for the last 3 years and can't see me ever buying anything but a Toyota in the future.

NRA Patron Member
U.S. Navy Veteran 1969-1973
Sons of the American Revolution
Sons of Confederate Veterans
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think thats the difference between the Big 3 and Toyota, with the Big 3 a guy can always get lucky and get a good one that goes 200,000 without much trouble, with Toyota most get that kind of service not just a few lucky ones. We were bullchitting one day in the firehouse and there was a couple dozen of us in (all truck owners) the room. We started talking about what everyone drove and what kind of repairs they had done to their rigs. The 1/2 dozen or so Toyota guys had never had their trucks to the dealership in the first 3 years they owned em, the same could not be said for the Dodge,Ford,and Chevy guys. Quite a few had actually had theirs towed in at least once in the first year, thats pretty sad if you ask me. Remember our climate is a little harsher on rigs than most too.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I had my toy rig for 12 years and put 140k miles on it. Other than warping the brake rotors by pulling an overloaded trailer from CA to AK, it was trouble free, until I burned a valve at 140k miles. That due to me not keeping the valves adjusted.

So far my dodge 2500 ctd that I got last thanksgiving was in the shop 3 times over a 1 month period for a coolant leak due to a broken hose clamp. There were 60 of them on backorder, so obviously a fleetwide problem. But did they bother to track down the vehicles to contact the owners? How would I rate the local dealer and dodge for customer satisfaction mad

I could of fixed the problem myself and saved a whole lot of grief, but hey, it's under waranty, I shouldn't have to fix my new truck. Needless to say I've been doing all my own oil changes, I wouldn't trust them to check the pressure in my tires. cry

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I use my 4WD truck year round, but especially in the winter. I live in the snowbelt in the UP of Michigan. The snowfall totals here have run 300"+ per season, so a truck with a snowplow is pretty much essential. You just don't see the Toyota trucks, or the other foreign 1/2 ton trucks, with plows on them. Ford, Chevy and Dodge 1/2 ton trucks are being used for this purpose, but not the other 1/2 ton trucks. MI VHNTR

The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting. It's about Freedom.

FJB Let's Go Brandon
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You just don't see the Toyota trucks, or the other foreign 1/2 ton trucks, with plows on them.

The first full sized Toyota,the 2007 Tundra was hasn't been available for a winter yet.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (1_deuce, 1beaver_shooter, 1234, 12344mag, 219DW, 1OntarioJim, 49 invisible), 2,244 guests, and 1,299 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,134
Posts18,483,931
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.