Hop To
Page 18 of 25 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 24 25
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by sherm_61
I'm done wasting my time on you.
We all can't live up to your standards HERO!!

You were done before you ever started.

GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Highfastflyer
Originally Posted by BWalker
B walker maybe its time montana and Idaho follows wyomings wilderness laws regarding hunting.

Long past due.
In addition NR tag allocation should be cut 50% for general licenses and for special draws by 75% or eliminated completely.

Montana can certainly decide how it wants to manage its game herds but are you willing to pay Non resident prices for all those hunting licenses. In 2019 latest figures I found, NR supplied almost 70% of Montana’s hunting license revenue with 26,600,000 for NR and only $ 12 Million for residents. Also are you willing to lose thousands of jobs in Montana and lost revenue which NR hunters pay into the local economy? https://www.fws.gov/wsfrprograms/subpages/licenseinfo/Natl%20Hunting%20License%20Report%202019.pdf

I'm fine with higher priced licenses to compensate. And I am also fine with requiring NR to use an outfitter so as to not lose the jobs in question. The days of NR hunting all over the west cheaply are quickly passing.

Last edited by BWalker; 12/23/21.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
B walker maybe its time montana and Idaho follows wyomings wilderness laws regarding hunting.

Long past due.
In addition NR tag allocation should be cut 50% for general licenses and for special draws by 75% or eliminated completely.

Montana can certainly decide how it wants to manage its game herds but are you willing to pay Non resident prices for all those hunting licenses. In 2019 latest figures I found, NR supplied almost 70% of Montana’s hunting license revenue with 26,600,000 for NR and only $ 12 Million for residents. Also are you willing to lose thousands of jobs in Montana and lost revenue which NR hunters pay into the local economy? https://www.fws.gov/wsfrprograms/subpages/licenseinfo/Natl%20Hunting%20License%20Report%202019.pdf

I'm fine with higher priced licenses to compensate. And I am also fine with requiring NR to use an outfitter so as to not lose the jobs in question. The days of NR hunting all over the west cheaply are quickly passing.

Are you also willing to cover the costs of gasoline, groceries and lodging that NR provide. Let’s not forget tire shops and sporting goods stores.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Springcove

Are you also willing to cover the costs of gasoline, groceries and lodging that NR provide. Let’s not forget tire shops and sporting goods stores.

I don't really want to get into resident vs non resident bickering, but don't residents buy all that stuff too?

I think resident prices could increase all over the west, and I wouldn't blame states or their residents for wanting 90/10 allocation or even 95/5.

This about corner crossing to facilitate access to public land. Not wilderness area rules or R vs NR.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy

I don't really want to get into resident vs non resident bickering, but don't residents buy all that stuff too?

I think resident prices could increase all over the west, and I wouldn't blame states or their residents for wanting 90/10 allocation or even 95/5.

This about corner crossing to facilitate access to public land. Not wilderness area rules or R vs NR.

I wasn’t trying to get into anything just asking a question. Yes residents pay for those things but non residents bring in additional sales income on top of what residents pay. Who is going to replace that?

I agree that the corner crossing issue needs to be addressed with a clear and concise ruling by the courts. Public land is public land and it shouldn’t matter if you a Resident or NR.

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

Long past due.

Most NR bring their groceries with them. Most also don't stay in town. They might buy some gas, but economic impact from the DIY is minimal.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

Long past due.

Most NR bring their groceries with them. Most also don't stay in town. They might buy some gas, but economic impact from the DIY is minimal.

That is not my experience with my own hunts as well as others I have talked to. I’m also talking hunting in general not just big game and I should have said that.

As I said NR hunters bring in additional income to a state overall. Just like NR tourist bring in additional income to a state. It’s not rocket science.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
When does the NR argument stop? What constitutes a NR? A stateline? A county line? Zip codes? I'm sure there are many that would argue to keep their zones open to only those that live in that zone. It's a slippery slope, imo.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by tzone
[quote=Rock Chuck]

Tell him F-off and rent a helicopter. Hell, if it's less than a grad it's a win. If it's more than a grand, it's worth it to piss in his cornflakes.

Highly doubtful they will let you on for $1000 anymore. Even the cow hunts start at $1500, many are now $2500. Outfitters leased up all those big ranches in the past few decades, it’s a rich mans game now. If you could get on for a grand that’s a huge bargain anymore, Sadly.

Another poorly educated BHA sock puppet. You should concentrate in your area of speciality -banning firearms. What a clown

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
You wanna read some Buzz BHA bullshit go over to Rokslide and the elk thread were Buzz was claiming domestic dogs kill more cattle than wolves.
Typical BHA wolf lover.

IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I'm done wasting my time on you.
We all can't live up to your standards HERO!!

Not done?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Most NR bring their groceries with them. Most also don't stay in town. They might buy some gas, but economic impact from the DIY is minimal.[/quote]

This is complete BS in my experience. We spend about $2K each in state on groceries, gas, restaurants & sporting goods stores campgrounds & hotels fill up multiple times in a bad tourist weather time. I guess hating strangers competing for the same game is common. But the ability for middle class hunters to take an affordable elk hunt every year is a fantastic part of American life. Join a private club mentality isn’t generally what hunting has been about but there are selfish bastards everywhere. I miss cheaper tags & fewer hunters but I try & introduce the sport to a first time elk hunter most years to give something back. Not everyone was lucky enough to learn to hunt from Dad& Grandpa & not everyone can live in elk country.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
You wanna read some Buzz BHA bullshit go over to Rokslide and the elk thread were Buzz was claiming domestic dogs kill more cattle than wolves.
Typical BHA wolf lover.

Which elk thread?

My crystal ball is still in the maintenance shop......

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by specneeds

This is complete BS in my experience. We spend about $2K each in state on groceries, gas, restaurants & sporting goods stores campgrounds & hotels fill up multiple times in a bad tourist weather time. I guess hating strangers competing for the same game is common. But the ability for middle class hunters to take an affordable elk hunt every year is a fantastic part of American life. Join a private club mentality isn’t generally what hunting has been about but there are selfish bastards everywhere. I miss cheaper tags & fewer hunters but I try & introduce the sport to a first time elk hunter most years to give something back. Not everyone was lucky enough to learn to hunt from Dad& Grandpa & not everyone can live in elk country.[/quote]

I agree. Don't know where the idea of NR hunters not spending on groceries etc comes from. Our group spends a small fortune in state on our hunting trips.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
While I occasionally am irritated with out of state hunters, most are good people and darn sure support the local economy. The folks I let hunt rent 2 motel rooms for a week, eat 2 meals a day in restaurants for a week, and burn a lot of local gas getting to their hunting area and back,, and buy snacks for the day in the field. They also like to stop in the local stores if they get their deer before they have to head back.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Westman
Typical BHA wolf lover.

Which elk thread?

On Rokslide, click on the one titled elk.
Its the one under first wolf kill of livestock in Colorado, its about 9 pages long now.
More BHA wisdom

Last edited by sherm_61; 12/29/21.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
BHA is lead by a unrepentant liberal douche bag. However, in this case they are on the right side.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Westman
Typical BHA wolf lover.

Which elk thread?

On Rokslide, click on the one titled elk.
Its the one under first wolf kill of livestock in Colorado, its about 9 pages long now.
More BHA wisdom

https://www.rokslide.com/forums/threads/first-wolf-kill-of-livestock-in-colorado.245776/

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Thanks Skeen

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by 300_savage
While I occasionally am irritated with out of state hunters, most are good people and darn sure support the local economy. The folks I let hunt rent 2 motel rooms for a week, eat 2 meals a day in restaurants for a week, and burn a lot of local gas getting to their hunting area and back,, and buy snacks for the day in the field. They also like to stop in the local stores if they get their deer before they have to head back.

I would take NR hunters over immigrant resident hunter any day.

The hunter that moves to MT and becomes a know it all are the worse. They are self serving and do little to help wildlife while constantly suggesting things to serve themselves.

Page 18 of 25 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 24 25

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (1minute, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 48 invisible), 2,281 guests, and 1,224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,036
Posts18,500,707
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.