O
ol_mike Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Yes a lot of heat goes up the pipe. The problem is, most of the new high performance stoves, like my Jotul, need a vertical pipe or they wont draw well. You put 2 90 degree bends in my pipe and the stove will smoke all the time, be very hard to light.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
probably not a good idea to have a case of dynamite next to a wood stove-----just my opinion. smile

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Yes a lot of heat goes up the pipe. The problem is, most of the new high performance stoves, like my Jotul, need a vertical pipe or they wont draw well. You put 2 90 degree bends in my pipe and the stove will smoke all the time, be very hard to light.

I have 2 90's in mine-behind stove and 3' up into the wall.
If I'm not burning locust only I have to pull it once a month +/- and clean.

FJB & FJT
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
I would be more scared of 12 quarts of liquid fuel sitting on top of the stove, than I would a case which used to contain dynamite.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B2

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

Yep. My pipe is straight up and out of my Jotul, about 20' or so. Easy to light and draws like hell.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The OP chimney heat exchanger would be more efficient with counter flow.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
if I had to think of someone from Northern Minnesota, it would be that guy

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M

And in the vid, he has four 90-degree turns.

Gotta be a PITA to clean also.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Waiting for the chimney fire that takes out his barn...

That setup will fill up with creosote so fast, he will likely notice the pipe glowing red just above the stove before long.

IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Drawing cold air off the floor has a purpose, but doesn’t make the stove itself more efficient. Plus, it blows out the door every time it gets opened. Better to point into the room.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by colorado bob
probably not a good idea to have a case of dynamite next to a wood stove-----just my opinion. smile

Or a gas filled chainsaw anywhere near it either...mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Fer crying out loud. Just wrap some 3” flexi pipe, in a spiral fashion, around the outside of the single wall pipe coming out of the stove.

Yeah, it’ll look silly, but no sillier than that, and it won’t make cleaning complicated, like that mess...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by OldGrayWolf

That setup will fill up with creosote so fast, he will likely notice the pipe glowing red just above the stove before long.

Yup. All those direction changes & the low temp at the top 90. Maybe he disassembles the whole mess & cleans it monthly. Not my idea of an improvement.

At the old house there was a device on the smoke pipe with a heat exchanger & a fan that came on when the coils got up to a certain temp. It worked well.

Sacred cows make good burgers when you know what temperature to cook them at.-Rev. Billy
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
couple of small fans blowing the heat from the pipe around makes more sense than all that.

My diploma is a DD214
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Anyone ever watch "Homestead Rescue". The head guy had pics on his home where he made a square arrangement of his flue pipes. Off the stove he teed, one went left, another tee went right, a short straight that joined both side with tees back together. All this to collect heat off the pipes.

Then an episode came along where his house burned down! Nothing ever said what caused it, but I have my idea!

A flue pipe running cold will collect creosote fast.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I wondered if someone else would figure this out, it should not take long with those exit temps.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When ever I had to calculate the covected part of heat transfer I would write, "blah blah, reynold's number, blah blah, laminar flow, hand wave, estimate, here is my invoice for engineering"

Some smart guy now designing artificial reality at Microsoft tells me that is the best I could do because interactive air movement needs a cell size so small, no super computer could ever solve. That is why we still use wind tunnels.

"That sounds logical" - Snaggletooth

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by 358WCF

Yup. All those direction changes & the low temp at the top 90. Maybe he disassembles the whole mess & cleans it monthly. Not my idea of an improvement.

At the old house there was a device on the smoke pipe with a heat exchanger & a fan that came on when the coils got up to a certain temp. It worked well.

Stack robbers were very popular back in the day. Hardly see them anymore.

Like here:
https://i2.wp.com/circletocircle.blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/img_1647.jpg

[Linked Image from i2.wp.com]

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine

And in the vid, he has four 90-degree turns.

Gotta be a PITA to clean also.

Yes that would be four nineties. I am not too good with math. Thanks for the correction.

I doubt my stove would even draw with four nineties.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

617 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 1lessdog, 222Sako, 21, 2500HD, 65 invisible), 2,462 guests, and 1,227 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,413
Posts18,470,470
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.