Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

OMG Debbie Downer. You will bend over and hand them the vaseline jar too... The rest of us will tell them to go get fu cked. It takes all kinds I guess...

It's about being aware of the world you live in. The 'fire can be quite the echo chamber.

Copper is at a all time high.
Lead is at a all time high.
Antimony sulfide is at a all time high (most of it comes from China BTW).
Transportation is at a all time high (price of diesel is $4-$5 a gallon in case you haven't noticed).
Companies are screaming for labor and paying premium wages and benefits when they can find somebody to hire.

Last year this time Barnes couldn't get empty tractor-trailer rigs in enough quantity to ship all their bullets and ammo.. They hired independent truckers to drive their tractors all over the western US to pick up empty trailers and bring them back to the plant in Utah--and paid those truckers premium prices to do so.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I looked at Alpines prices and the didn’t seem high to me, nothing I need or needed though.
Now not mentioning any names but there is a couple guys on here trying to retire on selling bullets after they assss rape you.

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Saying " oh well, what can we do" isn't going to help anything for consumers...

We speak with our wallet....I'm saying no most of the time to this crap. I run a business, so folks aren't telling me anything I don't already know...

but I don't also wait for democRats to be back in office... I routinely bought things for my needs, under Trump when pricing was getting low

I have no issue with anyone who wants to pay those prices.... so they shouldn't have an issue with those of us who think " I don't think so" with their pricing...

if and when their business starts falling off they will figure that out...

others are evidently contacting them, because I've seen some stuff with falling prices since I started this thread...

I am sure they are testing the waters to see what they might get away with, while the market might be in that mode... but I don't think it is good business practices in general.

some people it won't matter, to others it will.....

but if you rape your customer base when there is another DemocRat produced disaster in the world.... folk seem to remember that... I certainly do...

do a good turn to the customers.. they will remember that also...

its all a numbers game anyway. Businesses should chose wisely... not play the odds...if they want to stay in business long term...

but its Nosler's business.. they will live and/or die by the decisions they make.. I wish them well. I'm not going to be standing by their front door with my credit card in hand any time in the near future....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I just skimmed through the thread quickly, so I apologize if I missed it, but I failed to find the post(s) where someone tries to feed us the bullshirt that Nosler is actually doing us a big favor by pricing the bullets so high because that will discourage people from hoarding and maintain an available supply for those of us who really want/need a box now and then.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When Partition prices started going up and I started having issues with them on game seemed to be about the same time- about three years ago or so... I started looking for an alternative I could afford to try in a bunch of different calibers without breaking the bank. I settled on Accubonds to try and glad I did. They are about half the price of the Partitions (but going up now also) and I've had excellent accuracy and on game performance with them. I was pretty pissed a couple months ago when I went through Bend and the SPS store was closed to the public. I wonder if they plan on reopening now that the mask mandate is over?

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Sheister
When Partition prices started going up and I started having issues with them on game seemed to be about the same time- about three years ago or so... I started looking for an alternative I could afford to try in a bunch of different calibers without breaking the bank. I settled on Accubonds to try and glad I did. They are about half the price of the Partitions (but going up now also) and I've had excellent accuracy and on game performance with them. I was pretty pissed a couple months ago when I went through Bend and the SPS store was closed to the public. I wonder if they plan on reopening now that the mask mandate is over?

Bob

Not likely to open the store IMO. They already have more demand than product, why pay people to run a store front when you have no inventory to sell them?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When I was there they were selling a lot more than bullets. They had rifles, books, hunting clothing, and a lot of other inventory they sell. I guess I just assumed this was their way to keep people coming in and interested in the Nosler name... time will tell I guess...

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Sheister
When I was there they were selling a lot more than bullets. They had rifles, books, hunting clothing, and a lot of other inventory they sell. I guess I just assumed this was their way to keep people coming in and interested in the Nosler name... time will tell I guess...

Same here. It was a nice little shop.

Semper Fi
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

424 members (160user, 17CalFan, 22250rem, 10Glocks, 280shooter, 2500HD, 37 invisible), 1,749 guests, and 1,061 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,874
Posts18,478,818
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.