Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by downwindtracker2
The restrictions have been increased. You guys out in right field haven't been paying attention to the game have you, just griping .

In Canada the health care is a provincial responsibility . Because we have medicare, the hospitals are provincial government run. The public health officers are directly connected to the government. Their are charged with saving human lives and keeping the health care system functioning . They make recommendations to the Premiers.

I realize saving lives and keeping the health care system working mean nothing to you when you are being inconvenienced.

The 3rd world barely locked down being about 4 billion people need daily access to high density communal areas to buy food and draw water. They survived fine. This super virus has barely killed more than diabetes in two years globally. Its barely beating diaorhea for heavens sake.

As to this 'protecting the hospitals' mantra, these lockdowns destroyed billions of dollars in the economy per day. Canada could have built and paid for an entire new medical system by now. So could all of our countries..

The plan of destroying a way of life to prevent mass die offs was proven ridiculously unnecessary The idea of destroying the economy to save one sector of the economy is the most backwards logic ever.

Yet here you and the other drones are, repeating nonsense even a 12 year old should be able to see through. And all over a virus that even if it went full transmission would still be 3 x less likely to end your life than being an overweight westerner.

GB1

Y
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by 158XTP
The restrictions have been increased. You guys out in right field haven't been paying attention to the game have you, just griping .

In Canada the health care is a provincial responsibility . Because we have medicare, the hospitals are provincial government run. The public health officers are directly connected to the government. Their are charged with saving human lives and keeping the health care system functioning . They make recommendations to the Premiers.

I realize saving lives and keeping the health care system working mean nothing to you when you are being inconvenienced.

The 3rd world barely locked down being about 4 billion people need daily access to high density communal areas to buy food and draw water. They survived fine. This super virus has barely killed more than diabetes in two years.

These lockdowns across an average 1st world country destroyed billions of dollars in the economy per day.

Canada could have built and paid for an entire new medical system by now with that money.

The idea of destroying our way or life to prevent mass die offs was proven false. The idea of destroying the economy to save one sector of the economy is the most backwards logic ever.

Yet here you and the other drones are, repeating nonsense even a 12 year old should be able to see through, all over a virus that even if it went full transmission would be 3 x less likely to end your life than just being an overweight westerner.

Well said 158. Canada's health minister was indeed talking about 'every Canadian' yesterday when he said its time for mandatory vaccines across the country. Some government lawyers were on the news last night talking about how they envision it could be enforced. It was right out of Orwells 1984....one of the things they talked openly about was refusing to allow the unvaxxed access to the health care system for any reason. No vax, no doctor, no dentist...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
158XTP: You said it about as well as could be said. The government of the USA reacted stupidly enough to the virus but the governments of our friends in Canada and Australia really went Chicken Little. It is beyond shameful that the western world committed financial suicide along with throwing away our liberty and basic civil rights.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by yukon254

The 3rd world barely locked down being about 4 billion people need daily access to high density communal areas to buy food and draw water. They survived fine. This super virus has barely killed more than diabetes in two years.

These lockdowns across an average 1st world country destroyed billions of dollars in the economy per day.

Canada could have built and paid for an entire new medical system by now with that money.

The idea of destroying our way or life to prevent mass die offs was proven false. The idea of destroying the economy to save one sector of the economy is the most backwards logic ever.

Yet here you and the other drones are, repeating nonsense even a 12 year old should be able to see through, all over a virus that even if it went full transmission would be 3 x less likely to end your life than just being an overweight westerner.

Well said 158. Canada's health minister was indeed talking about 'every Canadian' yesterday when he said its time for mandatory vaccines across the country. Some government lawyers were on the news last night talking about how they envision it could be enforced. It was right out of Orwells 1984....one of the things they talked openly about was refusing to allow the unvaxxed access to the health care system for any reason. No vax, no doctor, no dentist...

Very well stated 158.
I checked into this Duclo, his background is economics, I also notice he is humping Europe's leg, like Trudeau. I can see UN troops in the near future, he will need them.

I see now Duclo is using straight forward language regarding mandates, and not speaking French when referring to English Canada. If there is a mandate, then there will be a war. The kind of war where you don't actually know who your enemy is and I have always thought we were going there one day, that could be one of the reasons it doesn't bother me.
It could be viewed as a way to cleanse the Country/World of Communists.

The Provinces have already spoken out against such a foolish move, however, I can see BC going for it, we need a shooting war here and if it isn't over some tyrannical Government, it is coming because of the racist divide between Natives and Citizens. Again Globalists have brought this and shoved it in our faces, and we don't like it.

I do find it odd that Man suddenly needs a so-called Vaccine in order to have Mankind continue lol. If you can't buy or sell without the so-called Vaccine, isn't that similar to the mark of the beast we have been forewarned against?
If it is, then it is indeed the hill worth dying on.

I also posted thread, with a link to a petition, sign it, thank you.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I like this guy, he has the courage to stand up for himself, others have done the same.
To the horror of some, apparently some of his clients were seen speaking without masks on LOL.
https://bc.ctvnews.ca/west-kelowna-...ayor-to-renew-business-licence-1.5732427

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If we simply don't allow unvaccinated to take up the ICU beds, that would work 158.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
Y
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Y
If we simply don't allow unvaccinated to take up the ICU beds, that would work 158.

Guess you are still denying the facts that are right in front of you. The unvaccinated are not taking up as many beds as the vaxxed are.

Here is some data to back that up: A couple days ago there were over 1300 fully vaccinated people taking up beds in Ontario hospitals. During the same period, there were only 441 unvaxxed in hospital beds.

https://justthenews.com/government/...Xp90N_xoh98qyQBDFx1giaJdWKLFCEEa1Q-z8E8M

Last edited by yukon254; 01/08/22.
Y
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by 673
Originally Posted by yukon254

Very well stated 158.
I checked into this Duclo, his background is economics, I also notice he is humping Europe's leg, like Trudeau. I can see UN troops in the near future, he will need them.

I see now Duclo is using straight forward language regarding mandates, and not speaking French when referring to English Canada. If there is a mandate, then there will be a war. The kind of war where you don't actually know who your enemy is and I have always thought we were going there one day, that could be one of the reasons it doesn't bother me.
It could be viewed as a way to cleanse the Country/World of Communists.

The Provinces have already spoken out against such a foolish move, however, I can see BC going for it, we need a shooting war here and if it isn't over some tyrannical Government, it is coming because of the racist divide between Natives and Citizens. Again Globalists have brought this and shoved it in our faces, and we don't like it.

I do find it odd that Man suddenly needs a so-called Vaccine in order to have Mankind continue lol. If you can't buy or sell without the so-called Vaccine, isn't that similar to the mark of the beast we have been forewarned against?
If it is, then it is indeed the hill worth dying on.

I also posted thread, with a link to a petition, sign it, thank you.

Interesting observation. Im in the middle of an eschatology course through the Masters seminary right now, and while no one knows the exact time, we will know the season. Hard to argue against this looking like the very thing the bible warns us of...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

If the logic there is to deny ICU beds to those taking additional, unnecessary risks by choice, then should we also deny overweight people who choose to eat too much and not exercise, or what about people who choose to drink alcohol? Both of those optional risks have been responsible for people taking up more resources in the medical system than COVID. What about people who choose to participate in extreme sports? Those who choose to take harmful drugs? The very concept of socialized health care includes the inherent notion that society assumes the health-related risks of all its citizens, regardless of their choices, despite the fact that some individuals are at greater risk of needing health care resources than others.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mine was pretty tongue in cheek answer, but it does tie ICU bed availability to "open the economy " group that are anti-vax as well.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wonder what the statistics say on obese vaxxed vs. healthy BMI unvaxxed to land in the icu ? Actually I don’t wonder, the answer is pretty obvious.

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Mine was pretty tongue in cheek answer, but it does tie ICU bed availability to "open the economy " group that are anti-vax as well.

How about over weight alcoholic indigenous people in Ontario and Manitoba, , Canadian gay men and drug addicts with AIDS( risky lifestyle behavior) , blacks with sickle cell anemia in Montreal, Asian smokers in BC, fat Quebec children out of icu beds?

Thant would make more sense and save resources and definitely save lives

Y
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith

If the logic there is to deny ICU beds to those taking additional, unnecessary risks by choice, then should we also deny overweight people who choose to eat too much and not exercise, or what about people who choose to drink alcohol? Both of those optional risks have been responsible for people taking up more resources in the medical system than COVID. What about people who choose to participate in extreme sports? Those who choose to take harmful drugs? The very concept of socialized health care includes the inherent notion that society assumes the health-related risks of all its citizens, regardless of their choices, despite the fact that some individuals are at greater risk of needing health care resources than others.

I could be wrong, but the health ministers comments sounded like he was in favor mandating vaccines right across the board, and denying ALL medical services to those who refuse the vax. His lawyers didnt say anything about ICU beds ??

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by T_O_M
It's interesting. I don't really trust either side of the discussion. We've had too much "all peachy" pro-vax propaganda from the left+media+medical community which has proven to be false. There are too many breakthrough cases and too many vax injuries for that to be an accurate picture. Yet we've had too much "the sky is falling" anti-vax propaganda from the right which has so far not proven to be true either. Time will tell. For now, I think we need to notice all that is said by everyone from every side but pass it all through the same boolsheet filter remembering that anyone who is speaking is speaking for their own benefit, not for ours. Cynical .. yes, I am. Thank both the far left and the far right for that.

Tom

I agree with you. I do the same. I take all of it in from both sides and try to figure out if there is a reality in the middle somewhere.
There are some medical professionals that I believe are good sources and that I think are very grounded in reality.

Dr Marty Makary
Dr Monica Ghandi
Dr Jay Bhattacharya

There are many others but these are off the top of my head.

Last edited by mod7rem; 01/08/22.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

I agree completely. The argument is so flawed. Our society is incredibly unhealthy by choice already and overburdening our healthcare system, and getting worse every year.

Last edited by mod7rem; 01/08/22.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Id say it was foot in mouth answer but you are hedging your bets. As to opening the economy being we have a super killer virus that barely beats tuberculosie globally, a vaccination that doesnt vaccinate, Im not real interested in a government deciding my freedom now hinges on a type of hospital bed we could have built plenty of 18 months ago.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Jordan:
Good evening my friend, I hope the week was decent to you all and this finds you and yours well.

Thanks for that thoughtful post sir, I really couldn't have articulated it better myself.

Interestingly I watched a segment on "Breaking Points" which is a YouTube news channel where Saagar Enjeti basically said the same thing. He also noted that denying medical treatment on the basis of lifestyle risk has long been a bit of a thing with some libertarian minded folks.

Honestly I've heard myself say a time or two Jordan, "I don't care if you want to ride your motorcycle with no helmet, inject street drugs or ride bulls, I just don't want to pay for your medical care".... but here's the thing about that, it's a flawed argument on my part and I know it.

If you ever make it out here to the Okanagan and have a moment to drop in and share a beverage and a visit with me, you'll see firsthand that while my house isn't made of glass, there's enough there that I really and truly shouldn't throw stones, you know? wink

Anyways sir, going on the practice that positive actions should get positive reinforcement as quickly and publicly as feasible, sincere thanks for the post and the way it was communicated.

All the best to you all in 2022.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just a guess, but by the end of spring, it will be over.

Don't hold your breath. It will be over when the gov't wants it to be over..

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ribka

How about over weight alcoholic indigenous people in Ontario and Manitoba, , Canadian gay men and drug addicts with AIDS( risky lifestyle behavior) , blacks with sickle cell anemia in Montreal, Asian smokers in BC, fat Quebec children out of icu beds?

You forgot to add senior citizens, veterans etc, the gov't would love to get rid of them, cost too much and are only going to die anyway. Gov't has been trying to starve them out for decades.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by bushrat
Originally Posted by ribka

You forgot to add senior citizens, veterans etc, the gov't would love to get rid of them, cost too much and are only going to die anyway. Gov't has been trying to starve them out for decades.

After that is done, the government can do genetic predispositions and weed those people out too. Hitler's master race all over again

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

75 members (Akhutr, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, BALLISTIK, 300_savage, 13 invisible), 1,475 guests, and 908 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,214
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.